+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2034 World Cup

2034 World Cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67271423

The sportswashing truly does know no boundaries

Re: 2034 World Cup

Vital we make it to the one in the USA….after the last two shams, looking at the next few too…..can’t quite work out where 2030 even is?

It's completely normal. What's the problem?

2018 Russia
    2022 Qatar
    2026 Canada, Mexico, United States
    2030 Morocco, Portugal, Spain, (Honorary hosts: Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay)
    2034 Saudi Arabia

2038 Panama
    2042 Cayman Islands

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Vital we make it to the one in the USA….after the last two shams, looking at the next few too…..can’t quite work out where 2030 even is?
    I can't wrap my head around why the feel the need to go from 1 host, to 3, up to 6 and then back down to 1.

Interesting that only Asia and Oceania can bid for 2034 as they gave those poxy games to South America in 2030. Almost like this has all been planned so they can line their pockets with a world cup in Saudi Arabia...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    2038 Panama
    2042 Cayman Islands, Jersey and Switzerland
    Think that would be more fitting for 2042

Has Hamas put in a bid?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    2038 Panama
    2042 Cayman Islands
    What about North Korea it’s twinned with Wales now I hear

It will raise a few eyebrows but the irony of citizens of a country that has butchered half the world in its time complaining cannot be lost on the Saudis.

Football:

Kiss a woman on the lips - banned for three years.

Deny every woman the vote and tonnes of other rights - get the world cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It will raise a few eyebrows but the irony of citizens of a country that has butchered half the world in its time complaining cannot be lost on the Saudis.
    Back in the dark ages though right?

2046 Palestine ?

Gutted that Australia has pulled out, it would have been Saudi v the world in the bidding. Women's world cup was such a success here it would have only improved our bid claim.

FIFA have ruined the World Cup for me, having Wales finally qualify then host it in that dump killed most of the enthusiasm I had, then we performed like that

The Euros will become stronger and stronger and 24 teams is the sweet spot, it's a much better competition. More competitive across all games and whatever country they host it in has strong football heritage and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Gutted that Australia has pulled out, it would have been Saudi v the world in the bidding. Women's world cup was such a success here it would have only improved our bid claim.

FIFA have ruined the World Cup for me, having Wales finally qualify then host it in that dump killed most of the enthusiasm I had, then we performed like that

The Euros will become stronger and stronger and 24 teams is the sweet spot, it's a much better competition. More competitive across all games and whatever country they host it in has strong football heritage and culture.
    The 48 team World Cup will be a farce. Outside of Europe and maybe South America there just isn't the depth of talent. Based on current rankings we'll be getting the likes of Qatar, Iraq, UAE and Panama with New Zealand almost guaranteed entry in Oceania. You'll also be getting some proper crap in the intercontinental playoffs (Burkina Faso, Chile, Oman, Solomon Islands, El Salvador, Honduras as it stands) with at least one of the latter 4 getting to the World Cup! We're going to be seeing Rugby World Cup style blowouts in the ridiculous 3-team groups

32 was a good number that made sense, allowed some surprise qualifiers without diluting the quality too much.