+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: STOKE CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: STOKE CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Must be the clarity of thought after a bottle of Merlot....

Back to 'us'....we are certainly gong in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Must be the clarity of thought after a bottle of Merlot....

Back to 'us'....we are certainly gong in the right direction...
    We certainly are. More organised, more disciplined, Hard working and there;s method in our play. Players have improved as well. Things are looking up

Re: FT: STOKE CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I think it was a really good point away against an in form Stoke team. If anyone was gonna win it was us.

Colwill has to start the next game, time to unleash him.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think these sort of stats back up what we know that this is a capable side

If we are supposed to be looking for a striker then we should also look at midfield and defence

I personally don't think we need any major additions at all
    Bulut said. Striker. Midfield. Defender.

He said 3 or 4 new players. He’ll probably be happy with 3 in the right positions

Highlights here

Don’t think it’s from sky though lol

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...hip-highlights

Post match comments

https://youtu.be/ZE-kAe-0sCo

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They're actually 4 really tough games.
    Keep The Faith. I'm sure we will be in or around 7th position after the four games

Elsewhere, Ojo scored for Kortrijk and an assist for King for Morecambe.

From where we were stood it looked like Wintle had nicked it at the death, would have been deserved in my opinion. I thought we won on points, if you get my drift, we looked the more capable side. A deadly striker would be a Godsend. Bowler was a right handful today and one rocket shot in the second half may have been on its way in if it hadn’t hit Ng (I think it was Ng). Having a decent bench doesn’t half make a difference, if Stoke thought they’d done their bit by seeing off a few first choices, they had to think again. Colwill and Tanner do seem to have an understanding and the former’s trickery and footwork is a defender’s nightmare.

A decent away point against an in form team I reckon. Three clean sheets on the trot is not to be sniffed at either. Bulut has done a right number on the whole set up in my opinion, he’s sorted us out in no uncertain terms. Players are believing in themselves and mucking in big time. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    From where we were stood it looked like Wintle had nicked it at the death, would have been deserved in my opinion. I thought we won on points, if you get my drift, we looked the more capable side. A deadly striker would be a Godsend. Bowler was a right handful today and one rocket shot in the second half may have been on its way in if it hadn’t hit Ng (I think it was Ng). Having a decent bench doesn’t half make a difference, if Stoke thought they’d done their bit by seeing off a few first choices, they had to think again. Colwill and Tanner do seem to have an understanding and the former’s trickery and footwork is a defender’s nightmare.

A decent away point against an in form team I reckon. Three clean sheets on the trot is not to be sniffed at either. Bulut has done a right number on the whole set up in my opinion, he’s sorted us out in no uncertain terms. Players are believing in themselves and mucking in big time. Long may it continue.
    It's fantastic

Interesting listen to the Stoke commentators, once they’d stop talking about the yellow about 15 times, they were very impressed with Colwill.

Stoke message board in general thought we were good and they were happy to Come away with a point.

I thought we were comfortable and I was less stressed at an away game than I usually am. And they had delicious ice cold San Miguel at £5.40 a pint.

If Wintle had nicked it at the end it would have been a fair win and it would have gone fking ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Stoke message board in general thought we were good and they were happy to Come away with a point.

I thought we were comfortable and I was less stressed at an away game than I usually am. And they had delicious ice cold San Miguel at £5.40 a pint.

If Wintle had nicked it at the end it would have been a fair win and it would have gone fking ballistic.
    I thought it was in.

Maybe we should try Wintle as a 10

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Post match comments

https://youtu.be/ZE-kAe-0sCo
    His

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Interesting listen to the Stoke commentators, once they’d stop talking about the yellow about 15 times, they were very impressed with Colwill.
    They were terrible for the last 20 mins that I watched.

Myopically biased and the co-commentator could have sounded less interested.

Appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought it was in.

Maybe we should try Wintle as a 10

Stoke fans impressed with Colwill on twitter, best player in the park apparently

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    They thought Tanner was Colwill a few times mind

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Just had a look at Oatcake, they thought that clogger Ben Pearson was their man of the match. He’s been a good player at this level for a long time (found out a bit in the Premier League with Bournemouth maybe), but his disciplinary record is appalling - how he got away with an attempted assault on Colwill was beyond me.

Think I’ll leave you to the San Miguel’s, not a fan of it at all, you’d have to pay me £5.40 to drink one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They thought Tanner was Colwill a few times mind
    Yes I noticed that mix up. The yellow I mentioned was the ball, the commentator seemed obsessed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They were terrible for the last 20 mins that I watched.

Myopically biased and the co-commentator could have sounded less interested.

Appalling.
    They weren’t the most biased I’ve heard for one of our away games.
    Ian Cranson was the co-commentator, some interesting insights but very monotonous

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Elsewhere, Ojo scored for Kortrijk and an assist for King for Morecambe.
    Is Ojo still a City player?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is Ojo still a City player?
    technically yes, but he's out of contract at the end of the season and on a season long loan

Highlights:

International

We played really well, a very professional away game, against a very good team on a solid run of form with three wins in the previous three games against Boro, Leeds and Sunderland, another clean sheet and kept them to one shot on target all game!

Everyone played well and worked so hard, Colwill, Tanner and Etete did really well coming on as did Wintle.

If Colwill keeps working as hard as that, he will get his chance, well done to the whole club, we are back on the up!