+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Last Ever Beatles Song

International

Re: The Last Ever Beatles Song

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I found it very boring and a typical, middle of the road BBC Two song.
    20mph dodderers music.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    can't comment on this Beatles track as its not my bag but hopefully the smiths don't go down this route

millions of dollars have been offered to the smiths to reform over the years and think it was the right decision not too although the band are more popular now more than ever !

there legacy still remains intact thankfully
    I was devastated (until The Smiths came along) when Weller finished The Jam, couldn’t understand it. Of course, I get it now with his changing musical direction which he’d never do if he continued flogging the same horse. Similarly to The Smiths, Weller, Foxton and Buckler would make a fortune for some one-off gigs…I hope they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes that's what I thought

There was a load of fuss over the airwaves and on the TV and social media and I thought it was nondescript coffee table music

I thought that about the previous post beatles release too

It all seems completely pointless

I think you're underestimating the influence and importance the Beatles have had over people's lives and continue to have. Just hearing Lennon's voice again is enough for many people to get dewy eyed, so judging the song to be good, bad or indifferent is missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    The original demo has been 'public' for quite a few years and the vocals are identical I'd say (but much cleaner obviously) :
    https://youtu.be/zO3ox_DlAyE?feature=shared

It does depend on what you mean by 'computer generated' though. My understanding is that the AI that Peter Jackson's team use (MAL) is trained to recognise one part of a recording (developed to enhance/isolate background sounds for the Get Back documentary but now used to isolate Lennon's vocals from the demo) and it then 'recreates' those. It might be getting philosophical but is a perfect recreated copy the same thing as the original? Either way there is a fair amount of digital trickery going on but probably no more than what has always happened in musical studios.
    I saw somewhere a comment or quote that the process is a bit like taking a cake and ending up with separate portions of flour, eggs, sugar, butter and milk.

I mentioned the Revolver album, which was deconstructed using AI and then remixed using all of the separate band parts. I've heard bits that I've never heard in the original, but gone back and realised they were there. The scope this AI separation has is immense and it's just another trick available in the recording world. I wonder what will be next, as I find things like this quite exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    20mph dodderers music.
    Fish not biting today it seems.

This could be off a Sean lennon album.Track 9.
    I just listened to a Lou Reed interview from 82.He basically said the British invasion was crap and the only two bands that mattered to him were The Stones and The Kinks.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fish not biting today it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I just listened to a Lou Reed interview from 82.He basically said the British invasion was crap and the only two bands that mattered to him were The Stones and The Kinks.
    I certainly agree it's a moribund song

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think you're underestimating the influence and importance the Beatles have had over people's lives and continue to have. Just hearing Lennon's voice again is enough for many people to get dewy eyed, so judging the song to be good, bad or indifferent is missing the point.
    Bigger than Jesus

can't comment on this Beatles track as its not my bag but hopefully the smiths don't go down this route

millions of dollars have been offered to the smiths to reform over the years and think it was the right decision not too although the band are more popular now more than ever !

there legacy still remains intact thankfully
    I don't think Johnny Marr would do it now that Andy Rourke is gone. Not that he was that interested in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think Johnny Marr would do it now that Andy Rourke is gone. Not that he was that interested in the first place.
    Do you still stick with waters singing breathe on dsotm ?

I can't find any evidence that it was him

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Lou Reed is in a minority then. Many, many Americans of the time, even later, were mesmerised by the British Invasion, led by The Beatles. Like Ali, they shook up the world.

I think you're rubbing salt into the wound Sludge.....and why not heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No it's not.
    Yes it is, they used AI to fill in the gaps. Or perhaps you know better than a BBC music correspondent lardy

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think you're rubbing salt into the wound Sludge.....and why not heh heh
    I just genuinely want to know where the idea came from

I do know that waters being a bit of a prat rerecorded dsotm with him singing everything but I never listened to it

Maybe this is where NYC heard it

I just genuinely want to know where the idea came from

I do know that waters being a bit of a prat rerecorded dsotm with him singing everything but I never listened to it

Maybe this is where NYC heard it
    Maybe but as soon as you typed the words to the Floyd song, I could hear Gilmour's voice singing it. I never even knew Waters re-recorded the album.

No. I read that Waters wrote the lyrics and assumed he sang it. I've read elsewhere that it was Dave Gilmore on vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I was devastated (until The Smiths came along) when Weller finished The Jam, couldn’t understand it. Of course, I get it now with his changing musical direction which he’d never do if he continued flogging the same horse. Similarly to The Smiths, Weller, Foxton and Buckler would make a fortune for some one-off gigs…I hope they don’t.
    talking of the jam 45 years to the day All Mod Cons was released

there best effort in my opinion

Without doubt.

Agree

The Kinks bowed out with this.
    https://youtu.be/A_Ym7RsCDvQ?si=KVNdxsrRYv6x8VR3

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. I read that Waters wrote the lyrics and assumed he sang it. I've read elsewhere that it was Dave Gilmore on vocals.
    Tidy

Waters is a silly old git

Old rockers never die etc etc

I've only just heard the Beatles song.
    As a self confessed Beatles fanatic, there is no doubt it's pretty average but I don't think that's the point of the song. It was about the band, reforming, one last time.
    I suspect McCartney In particular wanted to tie up loose ends after an unsatisfactory break up a band that at its peak, was far and away the best the world had seen.
    Whether or not he has succeeded only he can tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Also Paul & Ringo are practically on their uppers. Who can knock them for trying to squeeze a last few bob out of the punters. They’re pensioners y’know.
    But Shirley the triple lock will get them over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Yes it is, they used AI to fill in the gaps. Or perhaps you know better than a BBC music correspondent lardy
    To me, "largely" isn't the same as filling the gaps.