+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pretty Disgraceful

Pretty Disgraceful

Re: Pretty Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    No surprise - most public statements by Andrew RT Davies are pretty disgraceful!!

Why else do you think they have cancelled it ?

Mo the comments from those angry conservative voting daily mail readers are embarrassing

Britain hasn't ceased to be a dignified country because a rememberence parade has been cancelled

Andrew RT Davies is all over anything to make political points but to be honest like a lot of this dignitaries on Rememberence Sunday he seems to be mostly there for the free food afterwards

Forgetting ANdrew Davies comments......So you think a labour council citing Health and safety is a valid reason to cancel......how the people who lived through the wars must cringe at that.

Forgetting ANdrew Davies comments......So you think a labour council citing Health and safety is a valid reason to cancel......how the people who lived through the wars must cringe at that.
    Are you saying that any health and safety concerns should be ignored - or just the concerns in this case?

If in this case - what are they so we can make a judgement. There was no detail at all in the Mail article.

The wreath laying ceremony will go ahead. The Service of Remembrance will go ahead. The two minute silence will go ahead. The indoor service will go ahead. The usual parade will not for unspecified safety reasons but the Council wants it back in the future.

Is that really a reason to cringe? Is it really 'pretty disgraceful'?

Or maybe as MartinPT put it in the comments: 'Labour, are trying to erase all of the good things British'. Like ignoring health and safety?

Doesn't seem like that much of a story to me but it's a bad look, and it does give the impression it isn't a priority, but yeah, without knowing the details it's hard to tell.

Labours bigger issue in this kind of area is Starmers odd removal of his poppy depending on who the audience was, as well as some council leaders calling for him to resign over the Gaza/Israel response (which I think he is right on).

This can be the problem with identity and sectoral politics. It can bite you on the bum

Another classic example of the real wreckers of our country getting frothy over something that probably - if we only knew - had a perfectly simple explanation.

I think a lot of people think that it's been cancelled for genuine reasons .....the serious injuries to a volunteer warden at a parade a few years earlier is mentioned in the article?

Maybe the local British legion were not able to provide enough volunteers ? Who knows

How is this party political ?

The Vale Of Glamorgan Conservatives are a nasty bunch of stirrers right from the top

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Are you saying that any health and safety concerns should be ignored - or just the concerns in this case?

If in this case - what are they so we can make a judgement. There was no detail at all in the Mail article.

The wreath laying ceremony will go ahead. The Service of Remembrance will go ahead. The two minute silence will go ahead. The indoor service will go ahead. The usual parade will not for unspecified safety reasons but the Council wants it back in the future.

Is that really a reason to cringe? Is it really 'pretty disgraceful'?

Or maybe as MartinPT put it in the comments: 'Labour, are trying to erase all of the good things British'. Like ignoring health and safety?
    These days , if you say you are English, they throw you in jail

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think a lot of people think that it's been cancelled for genuine reasons .....the serious injuries to a volunteer warden at a parade a few years earlier is mentioned in the article?

Maybe the local British legion were not able to provide enough volunteers ? Who knows

How is this party political ?

The Vale Of Glamorgan Conservatives are a nasty bunch of stirrers right from the top
    This is turned political because the Tories cannot defend their record in government on any major issue so have to resort to this sort of thing. Expect much more in the next excruciating year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    This is turned political because the Tories cannot defend their record in government on any major issue so have to resort to this sort of thing. Expect much more in the next excruciating year.
    Probably because it's exactly the kind of thing that you would support doing in the opposite scenario. Any misdemeanor by any Tory or Tory council is seized upon as an example of some vile group wrecking the country etc..so don't be surprised when it's the same in reverse.

It very likely is not party political, but that goes for many things.

Lower than a snakes belly

The fat local tories are the ones bringing politics into a rememberence parade

They have some brass neck

They will be there for the scoff though , well known bingers on free food

I get the impression that RT actually prefers Bridgend, Barry, Cardiff & the Vale councils being Labour controlled as he can turn anything into a bit of political point scoring.
    That's all they have left.

Andrew RT Davies must be the most pointless opposition leader in UK politics?

On his recent performances I can only think he's in an ongoing dress rehearsal to try and win a spot on GB news for the future?

His Twatter feed is like the ramblings of a drunk and scenes from an Alan Partridge sketch.

https://twitter.com/AndrewRTDavies/s...-phLggdtg&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

On his recent performances I can only think he's in an ongoing dress rehearsal to try and win a spot on GB news for the future?

His Twatter feed is like the ramblings of a drunk and scenes from an Alan Partridge sketch.

The earth would shake if he had an idea of his own.

H&S does have a place with any event unfortunately, which someone has clearly failed on, It’s not political though, however hard the mail and others here want it to be

An army veteran suffered serious head injuries when he was hit by a car while marshalling the parade (studley) in 2018.
    Barry Town Council cited the 2018 incident, in a statement, saying it had resulted in "additional responsibilities" for local authorities in its "difficult decision" not to hold a parade.

The earth would shake if he had an idea of his own.
    I gave up looking at his feed when he had nonsense about speed limits on a bus to match the brexit lies bus. I thought at that point it was a parody account. I have no doubt this guy puts more people off voting for the welsh tories than anything

Every bloody year, the far right politicise Armistice Day. As an ex serviceman it makes me sick to the bottom of my stomach.

Disgraceful cancelling the event .. it means a lot to many especially relatives of the fallen .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Disgraceful cancelling the event .. it means a lot to many especially relatives of the fallen .
    And I bet all those moaning wouldn’t even get out of bed to attend these marches. Take a look at how many attend, do you go every year? Tell the truth now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I am proud to promote the Welsh game fair

Which basically means I own lots of land and go round with my sherry filled mates shooting rabbits , pheasants etc

And I support fox hunting

I am in touch with the common man

Vote Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am proud to promote the Welsh game fair

Which basically means I own lots of land and go round with my sherry filled mates shooting rabbits , pheasants etc

And I support fox hunting

I am in touch with the common man

Vote Conservative
    A Daily Mail hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    And I bet all those moaning wouldn’t even get out of bed to attend these marches. Take a look at how many attend, do you go every year? Tell the truth now!
    Exactly. I bet he’s never been near one.