+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pro Palestinian Demonstration A Better Option

Pro Palestinian Demonstration A Better Option

Perhaps they should lay down thier grievances for one day and join the Rembrance parades in recognition of the fallen who provided the very freedom they now enjoy .

Re: Pro Palestinian Demonstration A Better Option

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps they should lay down thier grievances for one day and join the Rembrance parades in recognition of the fallen who provided the very freedom they now enjoy .
    It’s absolutely the best day to demonstrate, the fallen fell to stop wars happening again, to stop children being blown to bits again.

I’m ex Army and I 100% back the demonstrations as long as they are respectful and peaceful and don’t affect the Remembrance Parades.

The pro Palestinian parades next Saturday are not anywhere near the rememberence stuff going on at the cenotaph?

However .....

If I was personally organising pro Palestinian parades I would have avoided that day completely as it just gives the daily mail an excuse to stir up hatred

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The pro Palestinian parades next Saturday are not anywhere near the rememberence stuff going on at the cenotaph?

However .....

If I was personally organising pro Palestinian parades I would have avoided that day completely as it just gives the daily mail an excuse to stir up hatred
    Which one is the hate march? The one celebrating peace and remembering the dead, or the one calling for peace and remembering the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Which one is the hate march? The one celebrating peace and remembering the dead, or the one calling for peace and remembering the dead?
    I think that marching on the day of the rememberence stuff isn't something I would chose to do

It's playing into the hands of the right wing idiots and giving them excuses to stir trouble and flood the media

I think that marching on the day of the rememberence stuff isn't something I would chose to do

It's playing into the hands of the right wing idiots and giving them excuses to stir trouble and flood the media
    More importantly its disrespectful..

Of course it isn't.

The Palestine/Gaza march in London is planned for Armistice Day, but the day before the commemoration events on the Sunday.

It stays well away from the Cenotaph. It takes place at a different time from the two minute silence.

Anyone who really had respect for the meaning of the Remembrance Day events would be on the Palestine/Gaza demonstration!

The only people who are making an issue of the Palestine/Gaza march are Tory politicians, their hangers on (a lot of people in that bucket - from LOM, to Suella B, to the Labour right, to war crime apologists) and Sludge.

That is Sludge whose instincts are usually right, and whose political judgement is almost always wrong!

Duplicate post - the site has slowed down again!

Duplicate post - the site has slowed down again!
    What you talking about now 😂

Once all the rememberence poppy stuff is out of the way.....which will be next Monday........I think a Palestine march every day is fine

Until then allow right wingers to rant and rave , have a cup of tea then get on the marching boots once rememberence weekend is finished

It all seems really simple

That's your opinion

I just think it makes sense to leave that weekend free

Then start marching on Monday

That's your opinion

I just think it makes sense to leave that weekend free

Then start marching on Monday
    These is probably a reason they have chosen a weekend. Most are working people I’m sure. Not everyone can just down tools and choose a week day to march. Time is of the essence as well. They don’t won’t to leave this for another 2 weeks.

II's like the logic which calls 1,400 dead a murderous, unspeakably violent, assault by the forces of evil and 9,000 (at the latest estimate) dead self defence. It always has to be emphasised that the Hamas assault a month ago was indefensible, but we're now at the stage where it's a case of six or seven eyes for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    II's like the logic which calls 1,400 dead a murderous, unspeakably violent, assault by the forces of evil and 9,000 (at the latest estimate) dead self defence. It always has to be emphasised that the Hamas assault a month ago was indefensible, but we're now at the stage where it's a case of six or seven eyes for an eye.
    Sheer bloodlust