+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Re: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet you were still arguing in her favour after the article that wasn’t approved, people might be forgiven for thinking that you were just arguing for the sake of it.
    Was I? Actually the only thing I said about it was that it was unhelpful article and bad timing.

What I was arguing is that there is a very unpleasant element to the marches, and I've always stressed that's a minority.

Rwanda asylum plan ruled unlawful by the Supreme Court.

She leaves some legacy that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Was I? Actually the only thing I said about it was that it was unhelpful article and bad timing.

What I was arguing is that there is a very unpleasant element to the marches, and I've always stressed that's a minority.
    “that said, I think she’s correct”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

There’d be those who’d argue she left no legacy because she didn’t do anything when she was Home Secretary except chase headlines and sew discord.

3 prime ministers, 5 home secretaries, £140m bung, £169,000 per asylum seeker, and £2m in legal fees to send absolutely nobody to Rwanda under a scheme that was always obviously illegal.

The conservatives call themselves "The natural party of government"

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Loved hearing the silence at Stoke today. Inevitably observed.
    can you hear silence?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    3 prime ministers, 5 home secretaries, £140m bung, £169,000 per asylum seeker, and £2m in legal fees to send absolutely nobody to Rwanda under a scheme that was always obviously illegal.

The conservatives call themselves "The natural party of government"
    I think we might have all been pointing this out to a certain handful of people on here for over a year now.

What a waste of time. Ironically the government knew it was just red meat and were doing most of the sensible things in the background - diplomacy, recruitment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Bloody lefty lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think we might have all been pointing this out to a certain handful of people on here for over a year now.

What a waste of time. Ironically the government knew it was just red meat and were doing most of the sensible things in the background - diplomacy, recruitment etc.
    I struggle to comprehend how the government were saying a few days' ago that they 'expected the Supreme Court to approve the scheme'. I think that was either complete political bullshit, or they are living in another universe. Moving on, our courts have become so political, and law so complex and contradictory, that it's nigh impossible to actually get anything through them..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I struggle to comprehend how the government were saying a few days' ago that they 'expected the Supreme Court to approve the scheme'. I think that was either complete political bullshit, or they are living in another universe. Moving on, our courts have become so political, and law so complex and contradictory, that it's nigh impossible to actually get anything through them..
    Are you saying that our courts system is communist? I’m waiting for tomorrow’s Mail to say just that. You were right about bullshit and another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Are you saying that our courts system is communist? I’m waiting for tomorrow’s Mail to say just that. You were right about bullshit and another universe.
    Just checked my post and no, I didn't say that. The Supreme Court is made up of white, upper class, privileged people, who along with their legal duties all have other 'political' interests, all left-leaning. It's definitely political.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    can you hear silence?
    Hello darkness, my old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just checked my post and no, I didn't say that. The Supreme Court is made up of white, upper class, privileged people, who along with their legal duties all have other 'political' interests, all left-leaning. It's definitely political.
    You are right about the profile of the Supreme Court members. No idea if you are right or wrong about their 'political' interests. But this judgement was all about establishing facts and about whether the scheme complied with existing UK law and international treaty or convention obligations. There is not much scope for any sort of politics in that. It is dry, legalistic and thorough. To no-one's surprise (least of all the Tory governments') it turns out the red meat scheme is illegal. As virtually all the legal experts said throughout.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/about/bi...-justices.html

Well they all seem to be Oxford or Cambridge graduates

But they certainly ain't all privileged public school types

One is Welsh for God's sake