+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Re: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    �� I think we all want the same result, just different approaches
    I have an old friend (alcoholic) who went through the program at llandough and has been sober ever since. It’s when they become homeless the real problems start. Which is why they need to be out of tents and into rehab , they should not be left to effectively drink or inject themselves to death
    I couldn’t give a monkeys about petty local gripes about services to be honest. What matters is getting the outcome that is best for the addict. If you are off your head and a stubborn idiot you won’t be able to accept what is the best option for you.
    Maybe we should make it a criminal offence with the sentence being rehab?
    I try to pay as little attention to our glorious Home Secretary as possible, but wasn't she saying that homeless people living in tents was a "lifestyle choice"?

The sacrifices she makes for the great culture wars fight are beyond the call of duty. Has she ever said anything that is not designed to rabble rouse and provoke a reaction and the worst thing is that all of the sound and fury cannot disguise the fact that she is wholly ineffective in her job.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I try to pay as little attention to our glorious Home Secretary as possible, but wasn't she saying that homeless people living in tents was a "lifestyle choice"?

The sacrifices she makes for the great culture wars fight are beyond the call of duty. Has she ever said anything that is not designed to rabble rouse and provoke a reaction and the worst thing is that all of the sound and fury cannot disguise the fact that she is wholly ineffective in her job.
    After getting trounced in 2 more by elections the other week, Buckland said all this stuff had to stop. She hasn’t paid much attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Today it's the homeless in the firing line , quite literally

What a dreadful woman , how can anyone vote Tory with any sort of conscience with her as home secretary ?

Stopping charities from handing out emergency sleeping bags ?

It's clearly being done to wind people up as I can't believe she's as bad as this
    She really is as bad as that I'm sure but remember she's also got an important agenda.

When the Tories get their inevitable tanking they will begin to fragment and she wants to be the leader of the new phoenix party. All her disgusting rhetoric is designed to appeal to the far right wing nutjobs whom she is banking on voting for her. If that does happen then we will see Toryism on steroids and it will not be a pretty sight.

I don't want to say too much about this but as a member of Cardiff help the homeless I refute a great deal of what the chair of housing , social services and others comment on these matters

It's fine having a proactive and forward looking policy involving health , housing etc all singing from the same hymn sheet but in many cases , especially in Cardiff, this hasn't been the case

There is and always will be a number of homeless people that are extremely difficult to care for but trying to prevent local charities from giving out tents is hitting those who feel they have no other choice in a very dark way

Braverman is a twisted woman responsible for trying to influence how people think and she would go a lot further than getting rid of their tents if she could
    I think you've hit the nail on the head in this post Sludgey.

The theory was good but the resources for what's needed isn't there in relation to accessing services.

Currently, where is Braverman intending of putting these people? Most local authorities in Wales are running waiting lists for temporary accommodation.

Braverman is another I wouldn't be too concerned about if she went toes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head in this post Sludgey.

The theory was good but the resources for what's needed isn't there in relation to accessing services.

Currently, where is Braverman intending of putting these people? Most local authorities in Wales are running waiting lists for temporary accommodation.

Braverman is another I wouldn't be too concerned about if she went toes up.
    She is far more right wing than Thatcher

She's frightening

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    She really is as bad as that I'm sure but remember she's also got an important agenda.

When the Tories get their inevitable tanking they will begin to fragment and she wants to be the leader of the new phoenix party. All her disgusting rhetoric is designed to appeal to the far right wing nutjobs whom she is banking on voting for her. If that does happen then we will see Toryism on steroids and it will not be a pretty sight.
    Hopefully it will become a combat 18 type of fringe group , monitored by secret services

She is a feckin ghoul.

My old man is dead but he was alive during the seventies and he preferred it to when that old witch Thatcher was in charge
    Really??? Sludge....I grew up in a 2 up 2 down terraced house near Porth.....outside toilet that froze in the winter....tin bath hanging behind it for baths on Friday night. Dad was a coalminer in Ynysybwl who used to come home from a double shift and had to carry coal from the roadside through the house to the shed at the back.

He...like me...thought Thatcher was a breath of fresh air....and justified. She is the only politician with any guts since the seventies.

Having said that I could not possibly vote for those who call them selves Conservatives these days....and Labour are just as bad.
    I will vote Reform or Independent if I have the opportunity.

I am surprised you still reside in a conservative village like Cowbridge given your views. .....where incidentally I worked for 18 months in the sixties at what was the Midland Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Currently, where is Braverman intending of putting these people?
    Rwanda probably, given a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Rwanda probably, given a choice.
    ...at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Really??? Sludge....I grew up in a 2 up 2 down terraced house near Porth.....outside toilet that froze in the winter....tin bath hanging behind it for baths on Friday night. Dad was a coalminer in Ynysybwl who used to come home from a double shift and had to carry coal from the roadside through the house to the shed at the back.

He...like me...thought Thatcher was a breath of fresh air....and justified. She is the only politician with any guts since the seventies.

Having said that I could not possibly vote for those who call them selves Conservatives these days....and Labour are just as bad.

I am surprised you still reside in a conservative village like Cowbridge given your views. .....where incidentally I worked for 18 months in the sixties at what was the Midland Bank.
    She was a feckin ghoul too.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    She was a feckin ghoul too.
    Well..that is a subjective opinion.

What an utterly miserable country we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    What an utterly miserable country we are.
    Makes me glad I decided to live in the Dordogne....village is a bit like UK in the 50's...local accountable mayor who deals with any issues directly.

Makes me glad I decided to live in the Dordogne....village is a bit like UK in the 50's...local accountable mayor who deals with any issues directly.

Cannot go back that far Maurice, 60's also being a bit of a struggle having been born in 61, i would say however my profound memory of the local guy being in charge woud have been my visit to RAF Troodos and which was before i got married so would be at least 41 years ago being relative youngsters and a bit green around the ears a couple of us got reeled in very early into our 3 month work visit , we stayed in a village called Platres up the mountain, the village was marshallled by two heavyweight local bobies called Tagos and Magos (maybe this was just local names for them), a night on the Keo Beer and Brandy Sours resulting a bit of high spirits walking back to the gaff got us up before the pair of them the next day, I heeded the warning, a collegue of mine at the time didn't and was shortly dispatched back to the U.K. No messing around, a chap from the RAF regiment turned up, took him and he was off the island within 24 hours. He didn't get a chance to plead any innocence of his misdameanor, he was guity although by todays acceptance of high spirits it was a nothing burger.

Let's be Frank here Mo

You are about as right wing as they come

You would find pinochet a soft lefty

The people who I hand around with don't vote conservative . I wouldn't have anything to do with them if they did .

You and your old man's opinions on the old bag were in the minority and for a reason .

Well..that is a subjective opinion.
    As is yours of her

I agree with ninian , dreadful woman

As is yours of her

I agree with ninian , dreadful woman
    She's tough but I quite like that.
    And it's quite nice to see someone stand up for things that this country should hold dear.

We all think (rightly) that someone desecrating the Koran is an outrage..and it is..but we are willing to be limp wristed about things like the cenotaph that represent the greatest thing we have ever done?

I'm sure things will be fine next week but that's partly cos a very clear line in the sand has been drawn at last on what is and isnt acceptable

Whilst the streets are not very safe they are for some a safer place than the violence , abuse and intimidation that happens in the night shelters and hostels

That some would prefer to sleep under a bridge by central station getting checked by volunteers from charities than be forced into council accommodation says everything

I think it's very important that if that's the only option for a very small number of people then we should be ensuring the risks are low rather than stopping sleeping bags being given out because it looks a bit untidy if a load of tourists are in city hall
    Absolutely right, Sludge.

Several years ago a good friend of mine had his first placement while training to be a priest. He went to a parish in Cardiff that went out and tried to help the homeless, taking food out on the streets, opening the church for rough sleepers etc. He volunteered to help and would spend long nights with homeless people in the centre of Cardiff. I'm not trying to paint a holier than thou picture btw, I'm just saying what he did.

He would absolutely confirm what you've said - he reckoned the vast majority would avoid shelters and hostels as they were more dangerous than living on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely right, Sludge.

Several years ago a good friend of mine had his first placement while training to be a priest. He went to a parish in Cardiff that went out and tried to help the homeless, taking food out on the streets, opening the church for rough sleepers etc. He volunteered to help and would spend long nights with homeless people in the centre of Cardiff. I'm not trying to paint a holier than thou picture btw, I'm just saying what he did.

He would absolutely confirm what you've said - he reckoned the vast majority would avoid shelters and hostels as they were more dangerous than living on the streets.
    Intimidating places and I wasn't staying the night , I could go home after a shift

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    And it's quite nice to see someone stand up for things that this country should hold dear.

We all think (rightly) that someone desecrating the Koran is an outrage..and it is..but we are willing to be limp wristed about things like the cenotaph that represent the greatest thing we have ever done?

I'm sure things will be fine next week but that's partly cos a very clear line in the sand has been drawn at last on what is and isnt acceptable
    Perhaps I missed the point of this thread in the context of Braverman but what exactly are the homeless doing next week that needs a very clear line in the sand, that is no longer acceptable?

She's not standing up for things the country holds dear , she's lying to try and win votes and curry favour

She's painting whole swathes of decent law abiding people on political rallies as hate marchers ?

She's doing that on live TV, she's challenged on it and then starts lying about something else

She's a fecking disgrace of a woman and if you admire that sort of behaviour as being tough then that's at least cleared things up

You tell me what has happened to the cenotaph or what you think will happen to the cenotaph ?

What do you and your new best mate Suella know that we don't?

You are perfect material for The Daily Mail , GBTv and The Reform Party , you are joint throwing silly nonsense into the fray hoping some will end up with an element of truth to it

She's a twat about homelessness but no doubt you agree and she's a right wing stirrer on the middle east .......and you are clearly on side with her on that

Your oft held claim you are political moderate is absolute nonsense isn't it ? You will be quoting Norman Tebbit in your sleep tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Perhaps I missed the point of this thread in the context of Braverman but what exactly are the homeless doing next week that needs a very clear line in the sand, that is no longer acceptable?
    Breathing

It's got to stop

She's not standing up for things the country holds dear , she's lying to try and win votes and curry favour

She's painting whole swathes of decent law abiding people on political rallies as hate marchers ?

She's doing that on live TV, she's challenged on it and then starts lying about something else

She's a fecking disgrace of a woman and if you admire that sort of behaviour as being tough then that's at least cleared things up

You tell me what has happened to the cenotaph or what you think will happen to the cenotaph ?

What do you and your new best mate Suella know that we don't?

You are perfect material for The Daily Mail , GBTv and The Reform Party , you are joint throwing silly nonsense into the fray hoping some will end up with an element of truth to it

She's a twat about homelessness but no doubt you agree and she's a right wing stirrer on the middle east .......and you are clearly on side with her on that

Your oft held claim you are political moderate is absolute nonsense isn't it ? You will be quoting Norman Tebbit in your sleep tonight
    There is something about those who hold right wing views that they see themselves as middle of the road....

I can’t recall anyone from any party, or anyone from either flank of political thinking saying that desecrating our cenotaphs was ok, nor have I heard any ‘pro Palestinians’ saying they wished to.