+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another marker laid down by Erol Bulut’s rapidly developing Cardiff City side.

Another marker laid down by Erol Bulut’s rapidly developing Cardiff City side.

A never to be forgotten day for City youngster Trey George.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Another marker laid down by Erol Bulut’s rapidly developing Cardiff City side.

Almost to a man the Stoke board conceded that there was only likely to be one winner or the contest and that Cardiff fans will be heading home bemoaning the fact that their team did not collect all three points.

Re: Another marker laid down by Erol Bulut’s rapidly developing Cardiff City side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A never to be forgotten day for City youngster Trey George.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    A draw was a fair result- neither side deserved to win what was a very turgid game. We gave up possession far too quickly/easily until the subs were made, but certainly finished the stronger (largely down to Colwill) and defended very well throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    A draw was a fair result- neither side deserved to win what was a very turgid game. We gave up possession far too quickly/easily until the subs were made, but certainly finished the stronger (largely down to Colwill) and defended very well throughout.
    I wouldn’t say it was turgid, I quite enjoyed it and thought, for a no score draw, it was entertaining. Nowhere near some of the dreadful scoreless games I’ve witnessed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t say it was turgid, I quite enjoyed it and thought, for a no score draw, it was entertaining. Nowhere near some of the dreadful scoreless games I’ve witnessed over the years.
    Not to mention some of the games with goals scored in them either

I fully agree with you. I couldn't get a reliable stream, due to my slow Internet connection here.
    The following day I had to make a decision, whether to watch the full 90 minutes of a goaless draw on the City website, or watch 2-3 minute highlights. I chose the full 90 minutes and I'm happy I did.

It was certainly tense and yes, more engaging than much of what's been offered up over the last couple of seasons. But that was because one goal was going to win it either way. It was pretty low quality stuff- Colwill brought some flair when he came on but even he couldn't create a scoring opportunity or make the goal keeper work that I can recall- other than Wintle's chance their goalkeeper had little to do, similarly Alnwick.