+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trolley bus footage of Cardiff 1960’s street scenes

Trolley bus footage of Cardiff 1960’s street scenes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=555sTjuIP9A

Before considerably before I was born but interesting forms of public transport and would appear what’s needed today

Wonder what they were like to travel in

Re: Trolley bus footage of Cardiff 1960’s street scenes

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=555sTjuIP9A

Before considerably before I was born but interesting forms of public transport and would appear what’s needed today

Wonder what they were like to travel in

Too far back for me however, I've spent the weekend with my mum who does remember the Trolley Busses, the idea would seem very good to have something like this again but if you look at the video, the busses had to share the roads with Cars I'd be very favourable to monorail, tram type transport into the centre with 4 main lines, east, west, north and south but no cars on the lines but this is Wales and unless it benefits the politicians very little gets off the ground after the initial press fanfare, incidentally I've been a little south of Bristol over the weekend, 20MPH is also applicable to various roads over there, not a blanket rule yet and the Wurzels aren't too happy as its being phased in.

I used to leave in Ely/Caerau and one particular trolley bus went nearer to my home than the alternative that went to north Ely (but which I could get on if I deigned to walk a longer distance home). 10B or not 10B, that was the question....

There's few on this board who have fallen off their Trolley or lost ones Trolley