+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

Re: Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

Someone telling us how bad the Tories are in 3..2..1

The initial feasibility study suggests that the amount of money needed to be spent had increased ASTRONOMICALLY since 2018

The main cause of these rising costs have been caused by covid

Isn't it responsible to stop spending money if its suggested that costs are prohibitive ?

What exactly is it you want ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The initial feasibility study suggests that the amount of money needed to be spent had increased ASTRONOMICALLY since 2018

The main cause of these rising costs have been caused by covid

Isn't it responsible to stop spending money if its suggested that costs are prohibitive ?

What exactly is it you want ?
    I think most people want a decent railway system with affordable infrastructure and fares , which will ease the burden of the failed £142m M4 relief road.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think most people want a decent railway system with affordable infrastructure and fares , which will ease the burden of the failed £142m M4 relief road.
    But since covid the schemes costs have become unaffordable

Isn't that sensible ?

But since covid the schemes costs have become unaffordable

Isn't that sensible ?
    I think you’re correct on that , but these days the roads are not fit for the cars , so whilst expensive initially, surely it would be better to plough all of transportation reserves into the rail network. Some of the train services are very good value if you have a family railcard but notably it’s considerably more expensive for single travellers, and you have to travel on specific trains to get the best possible price.

How much would be an acceptable amount to have spent before realising the scheme wasn't worth pursuing?
    £1m? £5m?

Well we should be getting massive amounts of money from our share of the cancellation of HS2, perhaps we can use some of that.

I have been to a few events and seen the gridlock first hand (Ed Sheeran, Anthony Joshua) It really can not be exaggerated how bad it can get. there was a taxi line of hundreds of people at 2am after the boxing.

They keep saying they increase train capacity at major events, but they never do, always the same services running at the same times.

Giving the proximity of the train station, this is a massive own goal, A significantly increased service in all directions would basically solve the issues.

At the same time I do not have much sympathy for the drivers who expect to be able to drive right into the city centre 30 mins before and drive right out 30 mins after, if you do not have to take your car then do not.

Keep telling us to use pubiic transport, then do this.

Cardiff is a medium sized city like Coventry, Leicester etc

But it attracts the sporting and entertainment events that even places twice the size like Glasgow would struggle to host

Therefore big bands at the principality bring in say 100000 people that the city cannot really compete with

It's the same with big football and rugby games

These events are 4 or 5 times a season and the trains and roads simply can't cope

If the transport system is going to be improved and invested in then is it worth the money if a week after a european football size game or similar the roads are back to normal and lots of train services are taken off rota ?

If Bristol , Southampton , Nottingham , Coventry , Leicester etc held a few games or events a year that drew huge crowds would the various city councils invest in new trains and roads ?

Could Bristol cope with big demands on its transport system at the moment ?

The answer is no , it's already completely clogged like Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Keep telling us to use pubiic transport, then do this.
    They didn't invent covid

Covid has made councils all over the UK withdraw funding for building , transport , health projects etc

They didn't invent covid

Covid has made councils all over the UK withdraw funding for building , transport , health projects etc
    should have a windfall tax on the Tory cronies gravy train.

International

But the bus service in the city is also not fit for purpose.They say they want to get us out of cars and onto public transport but they will not invest in the public transport
    Why can't they use park and ride for cars coming in?(Because the buses don't run that late presumably)

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    should have a windfall tax on the Tory cronies gravy train.
    Well I tend to agree but I think a few on here can't see far past their back yard

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the bus service in the city is also not fit for purpose.They say they want to get us out of cars and onto public transport but they will not invest in the public transport
    Why can't they use park and ride for cars coming in?(Because the buses don't run that late presumably)
    There isn't the money to invest in public transport here or anywhere else in the UK in reality since covid

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Someone telling us how bad the Tories are in 3..2..1
    I blame Ed Sheeran

probably a tory

Clawing back the PPE contracts for faulty or non existent goods would be a start. That said, they’ve got to get the transport system right if they aren’t building roads.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I'm sure they do. Where's the money going to come from? Everytime someone talks about Welsh Government spending they often say it should be prioritised on the NHS.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure they do. Where's the money going to come from? Everytime someone talks about Welsh Government spending they often say it should be prioritised on the NHS.
    The £150 million they gave back last year because they didn't spend it might have helped

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Clawing back the PPE contracts for faulty or non existent goods would be a start. That said, they’ve got to get the transport system right if they aren’t building roads.
    And they're not getting it right.

A tiny example of Welsh Government ineptitude when it comes to transport. During the summer, Porthcawl is a big tourist destination. Two different bus operators operated services there. One from Aberdare that travels through the Rhondda and another from Pontypridd, though Llantrisant, Llanharan, Pencoed etc. During lockdown the WG found money to support bus services. Since lockdown, passenger numbers have not returned to previous levels, so funding has remained, but keeps being cut.

First Cymru runs a service between Bridgend and Porthcawl (which also goes to Cardiff). As Bridgend is their "patch", the Welsh Government refused to fund the other operators services if they also went from Bridgend to Porthcawl because of the competition. In reality, there was no competition. As a result, buses from Aberdare, Rhondda, Ponty now stop in Bridgend and passengers have to change. It means higher fares for passengers and, on sunny days, rammed buses unable to cope with demand. Passenger numbers have declined on the Aberdare and Ponty services. I wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The £150 million they gave back last year because they didn't spend it might have helped
    Maybe we do need extra Senedd members to avoid cockups like that.

Lee Waters is a moronic cretin, who does nothing to help with transport.

Nonce father drakeford wastes money but blames Westminster when it suits

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Lee Waters is a moronic cretin, who does nothing to help with transport.

Nonce father drakeford wastes money but blames Westminster when it suits
    It has to be added that Westminster controls the amount of money Wales receives. Wales is different to England and spends money in different ways. I'm happy with that. I wouldn't want us to be England.

They didn't invent covid

I was going to ask if you always miss the point by so much, then realised who I was replying to, so I know that you and the point are rarey in the same postcode.

Either they want us to reduce car use and use public transport, or they dont. Covid has nothing to do with that.