+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

International

Re: Another £10 million wasted by the muppets

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I love a bit of satire.

Ever heard of HS2? Another rail project where lots has been wasted and a project massively trimmed with massive rising costs
    Trying to link the North of England and build a new rail network is a very large project, and it was sensible to scale down, as it wouldn't be a good use of public money.

We were not trying to build a superfast rail structure from Cardiff to North Wales, it was a car park and a few more trains into Cardiff City Centre because it's gridlocked and people get held up for hours visiting for major sporting or entertainment events adding to the Welsh economy.

We couldn't even manage that, so you can't drive in from England and now you can't even park and ride in, it's a joke to be fair and will further lower the Welsh Economy and damage the reputation of Cardiff even further.

International

Let's be honest. You dislike it when the Welsh Government spends money and dislike it when they don't. Regardless of whatever the WG does, you'll oppose it and criticise.
    I dislike it when the Welsh Government wastes money on idiotic ideas. I dislike it when essential improvement projects for Wales can't be met because they've spent it on going 20mph or we will lockdown longer just to be different and grab some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is this a joke? Have you forgotten about the Garden Bridge? £43M down the drain.
    He's taking the piss

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst I think the tory party is full of racists that's not my quote sonny

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's taking the piss
    I think it was a poor attempt but it fits the situation perfectly?

Millions wasted on a rail project, promised for years, out of control costs and it seems Welsh labour have dropped the whole thing on a whim.
    What a shambles.

It’s time for the tories to be given a chance in Wales, this wouldn’t happen on their watch

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Millions wasted on a rail project, promised for years, out of control costs and it seems Welsh labour have dropped the whole thing on a whim.
    What a shambles.

It’s time for the tories to be given a chance in Wales, this wouldn’t happen on their watch
    Maybe if their Westminster colleagues had made a better fist of the last 13 years, then they might have a chance.

What a shambles.

Now you are definitely taking the piss !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe if their Westminster colleagues had made a better fist of the last 13 years, then they might have a chance.
    Sad thing is they really wouldn't. You have red wall seats and then you have Welsh red wall seats.

Personally I've voted for a number of different parties in various elections. Probably mostly conservative but have labour when I've felt they were better for what I want to see, even the greens and libs during uni years.

Unfortunately too many people here treat it like DML following city. Of course the same is true for strong conservative seats elsewhere I'm sure.

It absolutely is never helped by the fact most manifestos aren't worth the paper they are written on.

The lack of opposition to labour here can only be detrimental to how labour themselves govern. At least nationally now people will get their wish of a labour government, if they do enough right they may get a few terms. I'm not sure it will be better overall but it's how it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sad thing is they really wouldn't. You have red wall seats and then you have Welsh red wall seats.

Personally I've voted for a number of different parties in various elections. Probably mostly conservative but have labour when I've felt they were better for what I want to see, even the greens and libs during uni years.

Unfortunately too many people here treat it like DML following city. Of course the same is true for strong conservative seats elsewhere I'm sure.

It absolutely is never helped by the fact most manifestos aren't worth the paper they are written on.

The lack of opposition to labour here can only be detrimental to how labour themselves govern. At least nationally now people will get their wish of a labour government, if they do enough right they may get a few terms. I'm not sure it will be better overall but it's how it should work.
    Probably mostly conservative 😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    A Covid whim? Yes it was all like a cold wasn’t it? Tell that to the relatives of the dead.
    Yes everywhere else opened up, he said no we will stay closed for longer, there was no concern for kick starting the economy.

Personally, I thought Westminster locked down for a bit too long also, after the initial lockdown, but Wales was pathetically slow, but slow is their thing!

Read your posts, everyone knows you are superdrippy, you'll attempt to justify any daft idea, then deflect when you realise it's undefendable and utter nonesense.
    To my knowledge you've only ever responded to anything related to 20mph. I'm not sure what other "daft ideas" I've defended? With regards to 20mph as I've said to you countless times, I've teetered on the fence many times but as a father I feel (perhaps through gritted teeth) it's a small inconvenience that is worth it. Trouble is in your eyes, anyone who isn't consumed with anger over the speed limit is some sort of Drakeford groupie, but then in other posts you accuse people of not being able to see other peoples opinions.

Out of interest do you contribute to the Andrew RT parody-notaparody-mustbeaparody-itsnotactuallyaparody! Twitter account because your posts have the same sense of humour?

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    To my knowledge you've only ever responded to anything related to 20mph. I'm not sure what other "daft ideas" I've defended? With regards to 20mph as I've said to you countless times, I've teetered on the fence many times but as a father I feel (perhaps through gritted teeth) it's a small inconvenience that is worth it. Trouble is in your eyes, anyone who isn't consumed with anger over the speed limit is some sort of Drakeford groupie, but then in other posts you accuse people of not being able to see other peoples opinions.

Out of interest do you contribute to the Andrew RT parody-notaparody-mustbeaparody-itsnotactuallyaparody! Twitter account because your posts have the same sense of humour?
    You are on this thread deflecting the issue, thus backing drippy?

Nothing to do with RT or his parody he's almost as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I was going to post a link to the half billion pounds the Scottish Parliament have so far spent on 2 non-existent ferries, then I remembered the £150m the taffs didn't spend last yr and had to give back, and the PPE scandal, HS2, the 1000's of people who swindled covid loans but haven't been chased, the £billions wasted by councils, the millions of fit-to-work who won't, and then you realise that after 20+ yrs of government not really addressing any real issues, and everyone else not really being bothered to do a decent job because no-one is going to scrutinize them - well, you then see the wheels coming off, not just here I might add, but across western governments. Meanwhile Rishi talks to Elon Musk somewhere about robots...

Love the way some moan about leaving after big events in city centre, the last time I went to that hell hole called Wembley ( playoff final) I reckon it took us 2/3 hours to crawl down TO the M4…..then a swift 2 hours to cardiff

You are on this thread deflecting the issue, thus backing drippy?

Nothing to do with RT or his parody he's almost as bad.
    No not deflection, just pointing out that it's exactly the same thing with HS2 except that was on a much larger scale.
    You may notice that I also haven't posted anything anywhere about what an unmitigated disaster that was for the Tories, either.
    To points score politically on this issue as some try to, is just laughable, that's all.

International

No not deflection, just pointing out that it's exactly the same thing with HS2 except that was on a much larger scale.
    You may notice that I also haven't posted anything anywhere about what an unmitigated disaster that was for the Tories, either.
    To points score politically on this issue as some try to, is just laughable, that's all.
    That was a major rail project the length of the Country, this is a couple of extra trains when there is a large event, there is no comparison. It's needed because the Country is being wrecked with no road widening or new projects, in fact the opposite, lets close lanes, lets block off town so everyone has to go South of the City at the same time to enter the decent car parks thus causing as much delay as possible, and then wondering why one out of six shops are empty, as people give up and stop going.

That was a major rail project the length of the Country, this is a couple of extra trains when there is a large event, there is no comparison. It's needed because the Country is being wrecked with no road widening or new projects, in fact the opposite, lets close lanes, lets block off town so everyone has to go South of the City at the same time to enter the decent car parks thus causing as much delay as possible, and then wondering why one out of six shops are empty, as people give up and stop going.
    Jeez one things for sure it’s pretty clear where at least one of us stands politically.

If one out of six shops are empty I’m pretty confident it’s not because there’s occasionally some traffic delays at major events. Although it’s going to take months to get out of Cardiff moving forwards because it’s physically
    Impossible to pull out of Junctions at 20mph (for the avoidance of doubt this is a joke)

International

Jeez one things for sure it’s pretty clear where at least one of us stands politically.

If one out of six shops are empty I’m pretty confident it’s not because there’s occasionally some traffic delays at major events. Although it’s going to take months to get out of Cardiff moving forwards because it’s physically
    Impossible to pull out of Junctions at 20mph (for the avoidance of doubt this is a joke)
    No it's because they locked down longer, and don't care about the economy, and they closed half the lanes into Cardiff, then shut the main route into the big car parks at St Davids 2 and John Lewis. It was fine when you could turn passed the old AA Building Fanum House, but now you have to join the rest of Cardiff and try and get past the prison which is a nightmare, so less people are attempting the queues.

Wales is the worst nation for shop closures, it's obvious why.

For a non-drippy lover, there is a lot of defense and deflection.

Wales is the worst nation for shop closures, it's obvious why.
    Yes, it's the poorest of all countries in the UK. Centuries of union with England and look where it's got us.

Yes, it's the poorest of all countries in the UK. Centuries of union with England and look where it's got us.
    When I worked in socio-economic research Wales was never bottom on any indicators among UK countries. That accolade went to NI. Now it is. So, since Wales has had a Labour government in the Senedd, our position relative to the rest of the UK has fallen.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    When I worked in socio-economic research Wales was never bottom on any indicators among UK countries. That accolade went to NI. Now it is. So, since Wales has had a Labour government in the Senedd, our position relative to the rest of the UK has fallen.
    Spot on and declining fast.

International

That would explain why there were less shops in Wales in the first place, we need less because we are poorer.

But having more shops closed means we are in economic decline at a higher rate than the rest of the home nations.

You understand that prioritising gimmicks, that hinder economic growth will further slow the economy and make the nation poorer.

People were saying, don't lock down for longer than England it will have a big impact on the Welsh Economy, ignored we are safer, but still had more deaths.

Now it's don't leave bottle necks and reduce the traffic coming into Wales, don't slow the speeds down just for the sake of it, don't close the City Centre roads making it harder and take much longer to come in to the City and spend money, don't triple council tax and force people to sell holiday homes that bring in revenue, and don't apply a tourist tax. All ignored sod the economy, we are safer.

That would explain why there were less shops in Wales in the first place, we need less because we are poorer.

But having more shops closed means we are in economic decline at a higher rate than the rest of the home nations.

You understand that prioritising gimmicks, that hinder economic growth will further slow the economy and make the nation poorer.

People were saying, don't lock down for longer than England it will have a big impact on the Welsh Economy, ignored we are safer, but still had more deaths.

Now it's don't leave bottle necks and reduce the traffic coming into Wales, don't slow the speeds down just for the sake of it, don't close the City Centre roads making it harder and take much longer to come in to the City and spend money, don't triple council tax and force people to sell holiday homes that bring in revenue, and don't apply a tourist tax. All ignored sod the economy, we are safer.
    I don't understand your logic behind closing roads in town and city centres. You seem to think it's a Welsh thing, when you argued about this with regard Bridgend. Most towns I know have pedestrian areas and those that don't tend to require you to park in a car park and walk to wherever you wish to go. Are you suggesting that we should reopen all of these roads so people can park on double yellows so they don't have to walk anywhere?

I don't disagree with you with regard of the Welsh economy, but while Labour and the Tories keep blaming each other, Wales will suffer. They're both culpable.

When was the last time Westminster (either Labour or Conservative) provided real infrastructure to encourage growth in the Welsh economy? As the UK has gone down the road of financial services, what has been done to enable Wales to get some of the action?

International

I don't understand your logic behind closing roads in town and city centres. You seem to think it's a Welsh thing, when you argued about this with regard Bridgend. Most towns I know have pedestrian areas and those that don't tend to require you to park in a car park and walk to wherever you wish to go. Are you suggesting that we should reopen all of these roads so people can park on double yellows so they don't have to walk anywhere?

I don't disagree with you with regard of the Welsh economy, but while Labour and the Tories keep blaming each other, Wales will suffer. They're both culpable.

When was the last time Westminster (either Labour or Conservative) provided real infrastructure to encourage growth in the Welsh economy? As the UK has gone down the road of financial services, what has been done to enable Wales to get some of the action?
    Cardiff City Council have a lot to answer for, my main issue is closing the road by the castle now open and Bridge street into Mary Ann street, if they were to open that back up even if just one way for the streets into the car parks, it would stop all the traffic from every direction getting stuck at Knox road by the prison. If they want to boost the economy, Cardiff City needs to be more accessible.

Bridgend was bad before it's terrible now, and will get worse, there will be more empty shops than occupied in five years or less.

Not making the rail improvements is also a mistake, we need to kick on the economy, but the money has been used for other unnecessary spending.

Cardiff City Council have a lot to answer for, my main issue is closing the road by the castle now open and Bridge street into Mary Ann street, if they were to open that back up even if just one way for the streets into the car parks, it would stop all the traffic from every direction getting stuck at Knox road by the prison. If they want to boost the economy, Cardiff City needs to be more accessible.

Bridgend was bad before it's terrible now, and will get worse, there will be more empty shops than occupied in five years or less.

Not making the rail improvements is also a mistake, we need to kick on the economy, but the money has been used for other unnecessary spending.
    But Bridgend isn't bad because of a couple of pedestrianised roads. Bridgend suffers because there is so much out of town development that people don't need to go into the town centre for anything, other than for a pint or a coffee. There's McArthur Glen on one side and all the development near Waterton. Roads to both are decent.