+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales standing on its own two feet

Wales standing on its own two feet

I've always been passionate that Welsh people and its politicians should decide what happens in Wales, not some other country. I have no interest in being a part of "Little England" and letting Westminster decide what is best for us.

England has no idea what Wales needs socially and economically, neither does it have any interest in giving us any sort of infrastructre that will benefit Wales to the possibility of England losing out. When was the last time anything that would be a huge source of income to the British economy was placed in Wales by the UK Government for the benefit of Welsh people? I include all political parties in this.

Why does England still want Wales as a part of the UK? Is it a power thing? Is it because we can provide natural resources if things go tits up? If we cost Westminster more than we bring to the table, why don't they get rid of Wales and concentrate on themselves? Are they claiming to be "good eggs"? Of course not.

We're living in a world where the "little guys", like Gaza, Ukraine, are fighting for their freedom. Countries are separating themselves from problematic unions. Wales must be one of the few countries where we're too scared to consider a future away from England, even though we're much more well off than others that have gone it alone.

Let's face it. We're controlled by England. We have little control over our media. Scotland has its own national version of daily newspapers (Scottish Mail, Scottish Sun etc). They have STV. We have English versions of everything. We are nothing more than a little part of England.

Re: Wales standing on its own two feet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've always been passionate that Welsh people and its politicians should decide what happens in Wales, not some other country. I have no interest in being a part of "Little England" and letting Westminster decide what is best for us.

England has no idea what Wales needs socially and economically, neither does it have any interest in giving us any sort of infrastructre that will benefit Wales to the possibility of England losing out. When was the last time anything that would be a huge source of income to the British economy was placed in Wales by the UK Government for the benefit of Welsh people? I include all political parties in this.

Why does England still want Wales as a part of the UK? Is it a power thing? Is it because we can provide natural resources if things go tits up? If we cost Westminster more than we bring to the table, why don't they get rid of Wales and concentrate on themselves? Are they claiming to be "good eggs"? Of course not.

We're living in a world where the "little guys", like Gaza, Ukraine, are fighting for their freedom. Countries are separating themselves from problematic unions. Wales must be one of the few countries where we're too scared to consider a future away from England, even though we're much more well off than others that have gone it alone.

Let's face it. We're controlled by England. We have little control over our media. Scotland has its own national version of daily newspapers (Scottish Mail, Scottish Sun etc). They have STV. We have English versions of everything. We are nothing more than a little part of England.
    We share a common dislike of the Tories

But I am afraid your nationalism means I have more in common with people from Bristol or Bradford

You may firmly believe that we should be independent but the evidence of successive elections shows that even the dreadful tories with their plans to wash the homeless into the sea are more popular than Plaid Cymru and its ilk

People who are basically the same as us in Yorkshire , Merseyside, Cornwall and the rest all think that Westminster doesn't understand them or know what's best for them

The only thing I would change is the voting system which would keep the Tories out for ever

Things were far from perfect before but at least labour gave you lot a form of free rule

If the Tories get in under someone like braverman we would probably all get shot

I'm not sure citing Gaza and Ukraine are the best examples to use in order to argue for independence.

It's Eric the Trump making Wales great again.

MWGA 👍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not sure citing Gaza and Ukraine are the best examples to use in order to argue for independence.
    Just wait until Chyna makes a play for Taiwan, you'll be able to have a lucky dip for the Facebook virtuous signaling profile Pic change.

If Wales ever became independent it would only be a microcosm of what we've got now. It would still be the rich, entitled, elite ruling over us all except they'd be preaching to us in Cymru instead of English: Big deal

Cardiff City v Haverfordwest. Can't wait..

Let's just say I'm glad this board isn't representative of lots of people I know and very few of the issues I raised actually got addressed.

Let's just say I'm glad this board isn't representative of lots of people I know and very few of the issues I raised actually got addressed.
    Your nationalist views are a minority

And I am glad

There was a yes Cymru march not long before the last election to the assembly

About 5000 people were on it which is pretty poor but they said it was a calling for independence

Well it clearly wasn't

The independence movement is disproportionately represented in colleges and devolved powers but the average Welsh man and woman is not interested

WEXIT isn't wanted by the majority look what happened to the previous brigade who wanted a bit of independence, they were labeled all sorts of offensive rhetoric by YOU, but when it suits it's fine, hypocrisy strikes CCMB again.
    😳