+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hypothetical Capacity Question

Hypothetical Capacity Question

Just for a bit of fun.

CCS compared to Ninian Park
    Imagine the set up at CCS being the same as pre 1970s Ninian Park. No crowd restrictions, pile ‘em in, exactly the same conditions. The capacity over the road was about 65,000, I s’pose.
    What would CCS’s capacity be?:

If the Canton Stand was all standing compared with Grangetown End. The Grangetown End was big but the present Canton is fair size.

The Ninian Stand was all standing same as the Bob Bank, not much in it in size I reckon.

The Grandstand opposite was all standing compared to the Enclosure. I reckon it’s dwarfs the Enclosure.

The Family Stand, all seated, has to be bigger than the old Canton, all seated, Stand.

The Red Stand, all seated, is a monster compared to the old matchbox Grandstand over the road.

There’s also seating above hospitality in Grandstand.

Away section would be standing.

Thought about this driving past the ground today and looking at its footprint compared to Ninian Park.

I reckon it’d be an 80,000 + stadium.

Re: Hypothetical Capacity Question

were you on crack driving to work? just asking

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    were you on crack driving to work? just asking
    No, I was delivering it

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just for a bit of fun.

CCS compared to Ninian Park
    Imagine the set up at CCS being the same as pre 1970s Ninian Park. No crowd restrictions, pile ‘em in, exactly the same conditions. The capacity over the road was about 65,000, I s’pose.
    What would CCS’s capacity be?:

If the Canton Stand was all standing compared with Grangetown End. The Grangetown End was big but the present Canton is fair size.

The Ninian Stand was all standing same as the Bob Bank, not much in it in size I reckon.

The Grandstand opposite was all standing compared to the Enclosure. I reckon it’s dwarfs the Enclosure.

The Family Stand, all seated, has to be bigger than the old Canton, all seated, Stand.

The Red Stand, all seated, is a monster compared to the old matchbox Grandstand over the road.

There’s also seating above hospitality in Grandstand.

Away section would be standing.

Thought about this driving past the ground today and looking at its footprint compared to Ninian Park.

I reckon it’d be an 80,000 + stadium.

The formulae they use is every seat is equivalent of 1.7 standing

So an all seated stand of 10,000 would be the equivalent of 17,000 standing there or there abouts

Edit

Found this
    Current regulations (in what is known as the Green Guide) permit the space required for 40 seated fans in the lower leagues to be used by up to 72 standing fans, i.e. a ratio of 1 to 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The formulae they use is every seat is equivalent of 1.7 standing

So an all seated stand of 10,000 would be the equivalent of 17,000 standing there or there abouts

Edit

Found this
    Current regulations (in what is known as the Green Guide) permit the space required for 40 seated fans in the lower leagues to be used by up to 72 standing fans, i.e. a ratio of 1 to 1.8.
    Can you work it out for us then please?
    I wasn’t going by today’s ratios though, I was going by the standards of Ninian Park in its heyday. When fans were stood on people’s heads, pissing in each others pockets etc There is a famous photo of an uncovered Bob Bank with about 200,000 fans on it

Can you work it out for us then please?
    I wasn’t going by today’s ratios though, I was going by the standards of Ninian Park in its heyday. When fans were stood on people’s heads, pissing in each others pockets etc There is a famous photo of an uncovered Bob Bank with about 200,000 fans on it
    Official attendance 20.000
    They all went through the same Bobbank turnstiles that didn’t register (allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Official attendance 20.000
    They all went through the same Bobbank turnstiles that didn’t register (allegedly)
    That turnstile operator bought a holiday home on the Med and paid off his house. How he got that wheelbarrow full of shilling bits home after every game Christ knows.

Lots

International

That turnstile operator bought a holiday home on the Med and paid off his house. How he got that wheelbarrow full of shilling bits home after every game Christ knows.
    That reminds me of the Car Park attendant at Bristol zoo!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That reminds me of the Car Park attendant at Bristol zoo!
    He honed his skills on the Ninian Park turnstiles