+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Drakeford admits he misled Welsh Parliament over deleted Covid WhatsApps row

International

Mark Drakeford admits he misled Welsh Parliament over deleted Covid WhatsApps row

Naughty Naughty!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ovid-Whatsapps

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-messages.html

Bungling Mark Drakeford admits he does have WhatsApp on his phone after Welsh First Minister tells Senedd he could not have deleted Covid-era messages because he does not use it - only for Tories to provide screenshot showing he does

Re: Mark Drakeford admits he misled Welsh Parliament over deleted Covid WhatsApps row

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Naughty Naughty!

Bungling Mark Drakeford admits he does have WhatsApp on his phone after Welsh First Minister tells Senedd he could not have deleted Covid-era messages because he does not use it - only for Tories to provide screenshot showing he does
    The irony here being that you defended Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings.....

We get that you dislike the Welsh Government and all in it, and that you're more one-eyed over this than a penis. Ever thought of moving to England and living in a nice Tory council area? You'd be much happier.

International

Re: Mark Drakeford admits he misled Welsh Parliament over deleted Covid WhatsApps row

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

We get that you dislike the Welsh Government and all in it, and that you're more one-eyed over this than a penis. Ever thought of moving to England and living in a nice Tory council area? You'd be much happier.

Boris fib hang him!
    Marky fib that's fine!

He's been caught out accept it, no politicians should be lying, left right or centre!

Just goes to show that WhatsApp is run by Tory scum bitches who have managed to not only delete itself from people's phones without the users knowledge but also confuse them into thinking they ever had WhatsApp in the first place.

Imagine if the Tory scum spent less time trying to infiltrate WhatsApp to trip up this honourable politician who wears a gorgeous red rosette and only cares about the people of Wales then we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place.

What I take from this incident is that all Tories are scum and there are no levels they won't go to.

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Just goes to show that WhatsApp is run by Tory scum bitches who have managed to not only delete itself from people's phones without the users knowledge but also confuse them into thinking they ever had WhatsApp in the first place.

Imagine if the Tory scum spent less time trying to infiltrate WhatsApp to trip up this honourable politician who wears a gorgeous red rosette and only cares about the people of Wales then we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place.

What I take from this incident is that all Tories are scum and there are no levels they won't go to.

Naughty Naughty!

The screenshot just showed the profile page of an account in his name. Anyone could have changed their own account to show the same.

At least though you got him to admit he does have account. Like him, I couldn't tell you what apps I have on my work phone either. The tories though need any small victory they can at the moment so well done.

Naughty Naughty!

So, what’s changed for you to start this thread on the main board that is different from the one you posted on the alternative boardyestersay?

What we know so far is that Drakeford was either being careless or lying when he denied having What’s App on her phone (I honestly couldn’t tell you off the top of my head if I have it on mine). If it’s the latter and it’s found he did delete messages relevant to Covid decisions made three and four years ago, then he has to go, but we’re a long way from that currently.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The screenshot just showed the profile page of an account in his name. Anyone could have changed their own account to show the same.

At least though you got him to admit he does have account. Like him, I couldn't tell you what apps I have on my work phone either. The tories though need any small victory they can at the moment so well done.
    Yes it wasn't him that used the app it was an imposter, that old defence

Seriously you don't know if you've got WhatsApp on your phone, right-o

Labour fans defending the indefensible since 27th February 1900

Deflection next no doubt

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, what’s changed for you to start this thread on the main board that is different from the one you posted on the alternative boardyestersay?

What we know so far is that Drakeford was either being careless or lying when he denied having What’s App on her phone (I honestly couldn’t tell you off the top of my head if I have it on mine). If it’s the latter and it’s found he did delete messages relevant to Covid decisions made three and four years ago, then he has to go, but we’re a long way from that currently.
    WhatsApp Bob?

It's basically taken over from text messages, and you can video call and audio chat on it via wifi, I think almost everyone knows what it is?

https://www.whatsapp.com/

Have you got that on your phone, have you ever messaged a friend, sent a joke, video, or photo, or signed up for messages from Wales Online on it?

I'd be amazed if the head of the Welsh assembly didn't know what WhatsApp is or if it was on his phone, if it's true it shows incompetence it's like knowing what number comes after two.

I didn't start a post on this yesterday, i don't very often use the alternative and wasn't on there yesterday!

WhatsApp Bob?

It's basically taken over from text messages, and you can video call and audio chat on it via wifi, I think almost everyone knows what it is?

https://www.whatsapp.com/

Have you got that on your phone, have you ever messaged a friend, sent a joke, video, or photo, or signed up for messages from Wales Online on it?

I'd be amazed if the head of the Welsh assembly didn't know what WhatsApp is or if it was on his phone, if it's true he should be sacked for that alone because it's like knowing what number comes after two.

I didn't start a post on this yesterday, i don't very often use the alternative and wasn't on there yesterday!
    Apologies, it wasn’t you, but there’s an almost identical thread at the top of the alternate board currently.

I’ve just looked, I do have What’s App on my phone, but, as I’ve never sent anything on it in my life, I don’t know when and why I’d have put it on there. I agree though that someone in Drakeford’s position should know if he has it on his phone and, given how it was used so commonly by UK politicians during the Pandemic, you’d think he would have used it - I see he’s 69, is What’s App in common use by that sort of age group (no one of my age that I know uses it frequently as far as I’m aware)?

Another good liar just like the rest of them eh? It matters not in Wales…..he can do what he likes.

Yes it wasn't him that used the app it was an imposter, that old defence

Seriously you don't know if you've got WhatsApp on your phone, right-o

Labour fans defending the indefensible since 27th February 1900

Deflection next no doubt

RT doesn't use it either. He employs his wife for his communications doesn't he?

My works phone, no I don't.
    Certain apps are preinstalled and some aren't available to install and WhatsApp may be one of them. Wouldn't need to use it anyway for work so haven't tried.

Apologies, it wasn’t you, but there’s an almost identical thread at the top of the alternate board currently.

I’ve just looked, I do have What’s App on my phone, but, as I’ve never sent anything on it in my life, I don’t know when and why I’d have put it on there. I agree though that someone in Drakeford’s position should know if he has it on his phone and, given how it was used so commonly by UK politicians during the Pandemic, you’d think he would have used it - I see he’s 69, is What’s App in common use by that sort of age group (no one of my age that I know uses it frequently as far as I’m aware)?
    I have contacts in their 70s and 80s who use it. And I recently got my brother to migrate to it as he seems the 'odd one out' in not using it. We all move in different circles, I know....

It is highly likely that Whattsapp is a preinstalled app on a Welsh Government phone but Drakeford's defence of ""I do not use it regularly to send messages." hardly comes over as squeaky clean on this one!

International

Fair enough Bob

It may be a difference with age, I'm in my fifties and everyone I know uses it, but it may change when you get older, but I agree Drakeford should know about it in his position.

International

The Bloop

My works phone, no I don't.
    Certain apps are preinstalled and some aren't available to install and WhatsApp may be one of them. Wouldn't need to use it anyway for work so haven't tried.

Fair enough, I've got a works whatsapp profile on the works phone and on the personal, it's probably the best app there is after banking apps.

I'm the same age as you Bob and all my family and most of my friends of a similar age use it too. Great for seeing the young grandchildren, especially as they live in London. Would be lost without it.

In isolation , I don’t think it’s a big issue , however , as everyone was “locked down” how else were they supposed to communicate, especially as what’s app is encrypted. I would have thought usual communication via phone and text would not be possible as it could be subject of a data breach. That’s what most companies use.

What’s app for business would be what they use as it also shows when messages are delivered/ read.

Furthermore , it’s funny how they were also were deleted in Scotland during the same period and that’s a real concern.

I've got lots of Apps on my Phone I don't use.

Having siad that anyone of any government, political party or individuals or civil servants involved in any covid related government decisions should not have deleted anything from whatsapp, email or any other messaging service once an inquiry was announced or even suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

And probably much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And probably much better off.
    Most likely, though that's not due to the Tories being much better at running things, just that Tory voting areas tend to be more affluent areas. You don't tend to get too many rich people voting for tax raises and more spending on public services.

Although ironically we have never taxed more nor spent more on public services..

The trope about the wealthier people voting Tory is a bit old hat too, although may realign in guture. According to yougov, in the 2019 election the following percentages voted Tory.

Household income
    Under £20,000 - 45%
    £20-40k - 47%
    40-70k - 44%
    £70k+ - 40%

So the two poorer groups were more likely to vote Tory than the two wealthier.

Income has become less and less of a determinant ot voting across the west in recent years.

Although ironically we have never taxed more nor spent more on public services..

The trope about the wealthier people voting Tory is a bit old hat too, although may realign in guture. According to yougov, in the 2019 election the following percentages voted Tory.

Household income
    Under £20,000 - 45%
    £20-40k - 47%
    40-70k - 44%
    £70k+ - 40%

Income has become less and less of a determinant ot voting across the west in recent years.
    Don't confuse wealth with income.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't confuse wealth with income.
    I'm not, but it's unlikely there is a dramatic reversal in those figures

Household income
    Under £20,000 - 45%
    £20-40k - 47%
    40-70k - 44%
    £70k+ - 40%

Have you got figures from an election that wasn’t dominated by “get Brexit done”? I’m not saying that there aren’t plenty of relatively poor people who vote Tory, but I don’t think 2019 was a typical UK election.