+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ref was awful but

Re: Ref was awful but

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It had to be Ralls booked for that “foul”, who else could it have been?
    Definitely grant for ‘shooting’ exactly 1 millisecond after she blew

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He is a total jack,no brain cells.
    I thought my ‘dopey twat ‘ was a fair description

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Definitely grant for ‘shooting’ exactly 1 millisecond after she blew
    But the Ralls yellow was in midfield. Honestly I’m so confused on this lol.

Ref was poor but put in a better performance than many of the "footballers" on that pitch today!

she was useless and didn't address timewasting from Norwich gk for starters. don't care whether she was male, female, trans or a donkey she was not up to the job!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Ref was poor but put in a better performance than many of the "footballers" on that pitch today!
    I don’t think so. People make mistakes but should know the rules? Why the drop ball? This is what this is about.

I've noticed in a few games this season
    on a quick break the linesman cant keep up with play.

Ralls wasn't booked - she booked the Norwich player for choppsing.

Another game like that and I can't see her refereeing in the Championship again.

Didn't seem to be in control of the game. Quite a few obvious fouls and shirt pulls that she didn't seem to see. Still,same for both sides. We didn't seem to be up for it second half for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    But the Ralls yellow was in midfield. Honestly I’m so confused on this lol.
    I don't think Ralls got a yellow. Just Grant and Wintle.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think Ralls got a yellow. Just Grant and Wintle.
    Can't see anywhere that says Ralls got a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought I seen it, and Bulut said
    “For me it was a clear penalty, because the same foul, Rallsy made in the centre, they gave a yellow card. The penalty was harder.”

Seems to be some confusion over if. I seen the same as Bulut.

Ralls got booked for the foul.

It was poor. First "foul" of the game. Wasn't even a foul.

She had no control of this game. How their left back didn't get at least of a card after the elbow

Refs can be good but mostly poor. This one was no different. Not the reason we lost but felt we should have had a penalty. We defeated ourselves today. We didn’t play after half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was checking the BBC site during the game and it definitely showed a yellow for Ralls for most of the match - but then later deleted it!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I was checking the BBC site during the game and it definitely showed a yellow for Ralls for most of the match - but then later deleted it!
    Presumably there's some ref's report that gets published afterwards to clear up things like this.

Grant was booked after the foul by Ralls. Must have been for kicking the ball away, seemed harsh as it was 12 minutes in and he did it pretty quickly after the point the whistle seemed to go. With regards to the drop ball after the corner - no idea what happened there!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sounds like it was given to Grant, but I didn't even notice him kicking the ball away - as the officials have been told to clamp down on that this season, I suppose that's fair enough.

This from the list of reasons for a dropped ball is the only thing that seems to fit, whilst not explaining what actually went on: “ the referee stops play for any other reason for which the Laws do not define the method of restart”

It was Grant booked for shooting after the whistle for the first incident and the Norwich player for some reason on the second. Maybe for suggesting that Ralls get booked but don’t think Ralls got a yellow. Was clear on the broadcast who she booked for the first one and absolutely no clue what happened for the second.

Let’s be honest, pretty supportive of women’s football overall but she was the worst ref I’ve seen unfortunately. There must be better than that out there.

We’ve had worse

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Apparently, she thought the ball didn't enter the field of play, so was going to order the corner to be retaken...
    but, the ball had to be on the field of play for the corner to be taken, so she backed down on that, then (we suspect) that she thought she had to do something, so gave a drop ball instead of a GK.

I think.
    I think she was being too technical where most experienced refs would have given the easy option ie a goal kick

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Don’t go blaming the referee because your team gets beat. That is scraping the barrel and shielding your teams poor performance over the duration of the game.
    I was assessing her performance - which was about 2/10. When Bowler allowed the ball to go out of play because he new it came off their player - she gave a throw in to Norwich. Even the Norwich players look confused.
    She was awful and anybody who was there would agree. This was not an advert for women referees in fact it was the total opposite.

She was terrible.
    Madley was worse though.

I thought she booked Grant for taking a shot a second after the whistle which was harsh but the CCFC commentators said Ralls was given a yellow for the tackle where he didn’t make any contact.

It was a big step up for her and she must have been nervous.
    I wonder if the increase of the pace of play had an effect because I noticed her being in the way of players in midfield a few times.