+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erol Bulut accuses his players of not fighting or concentrating

Re: Erol Bulut accuses his players of not fighting or concentrating

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They didn't work necessarily but I thought before them Norwich were on top anyway.

I was surprised Tanner and Colwill both came on at 2-1 when we were on the back foot but it's all hindsight, if one of them gets a goal then Bulut's a genius.

Thought Norwich were overall just the better team, caused problems first half and second half continued to do so whilst also limiting us.

We just didn't look up for it second half. Closing down was poor along with other basics.
    Yeah we were basically waiting for Norwich to put something decent together for the entire second half, the subs made no difference either way to the fact that we were being thoroughly over run.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFA View Post
    I think Wagner’s substitutions made a difference. In the first half their fullbacks, particularly the left back, were being overrun and their replacements shored up a wobbling defence. Bringing on Idah in the second half added a bit of purpose to the attacking threat.
    Imagine how different our attack looks with Moore starting and Meite coming on to run at tired defenders..

Fingers crossed January gives us what we are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Imagine how different our attack looks with Moore starting and Meite coming on to run at tired defenders..

Fingers crossed January gives us what we are looking for.
    The one player missing yesterday was NG and maybe that was the difference. Eitherway we should not have lost yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Erol Bulut wasn't out on the pitch. The players were. And if what he said about working on corners is true then McGuinness really dropped a bollock. The players worked hard to get a lead, but then they lost concentration and gave away 2 more soft goals. Why should Bulut take responsibility for that?
    He’s not on the pitch when we win either but happy to take the credit then.

Must have gone to the same school of management as Steve Morison. Take the glory and none of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    How many managers take responsibility? Let’s be honest did he say to Wintle knock it in the net or Tanner just leave the fullback do what he wants and leave Romeo done (I did).
    He’s the one who brought Tanner on when we were leading and getting overrun. He’s not a player to bring on in that situation. It’s was a bad substitution and he should take some responsibility for it but no-one is allowed to knock the messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    From what I heard, he talked about the front player getting the header and not being picked up, not sure who that was. McGuiness had a decent game but that was poor from him anyway.
    Well there were about six of them there so take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    He’s the one who brought Tanner on when we were leading and getting overrun. He’s not a player to bring on in that situation. It’s was a bad substitution and he should take some responsibility for it but no-one is allowed to knock the messiah.
    when you put it that way you have to really question why did the grand messiah make that decision? did he think we were in the position to go for a third? because obviously we were not in that position

the fact is most of buluts decisions dont seem to have any real common sense or reasoning behind them

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    when you put it that way you have to really question why did the grand messiah make that decision? did he think we were in the position to go for a third? because obviously we were not in that position

the fact is most of buluts decisions dont seem to have any real common sense or reasoning behind them
    I think that given we a few points off a play off play and lie 9th ........the vast majority of his decisions are common sense

Must have gone to the same school of management as Steve Morison. Take the glory and none of the blame.
    Steve Morison was absolutely hopeless

Bulut has us in 9th , just outside the play off places

You need to get a grip ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    The one player missing yesterday was NG and maybe that was the difference. Eitherway we should not have lost yesterday.
    It’s a fair point about Ng who has been picked as the best right back in the Championship this season on some of the videos and podcasts I watch and listen to. Was Romeo really so bad or have we become soused to Ng’s excellence this season that we found it hard to return to “normality”? I’d say there’s some truth to it, Romeo struggled, but he’s had very little football (first team squad members are not playing the occasional under21 match when not starting for the senior team like they have done in previous seasons) lately and it didn’t help that both of the right wingers used yesterday were not helping him out much.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think that given we a few points off a play off play and lie 9th ........the vast majority of his decisions are common sense
    where is the blindfold emote on this forum?

G
    Guess you'd prefer Steve Morrison.

I’m sorry Erol, but you’ve got to take full responsibility for changing the dynamics of the game.

To take off 3 of our most important players, at the same time, gave Norwich the incentive to play further up the pitch.

We basically threw away 3 solid/easy points, in a game where we were in charge

Please don’t become a tinker man and change players for changing sake

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m sorry Erol, but you’ve got to take full responsibility for changing the dynamics of the game.

To take off 3 of our most important players, at the same time, gave Norwich the incentive to play further up the pitch.

You said the same thing on Call Rob the other night.
    I don't entirely agree with you. Norwich's subs changed the game, ours didn't. You could argue we would have been better off making no subs at all, its almost as if the manager makes changes at a pre-planned time, irrespective of how the game is going.
    FWIW I would have brought on Sawyers to shore up midfield instead of Colwill and left Bowler on.

I'm not disagreeing with you on this subject, or agreeing really, i'm somewhere in the middle. The subs didn't perform, but we see endless stuff on here about Colwill and Tanner, more so Colwill, how are these players supposed to develop if they're not given a chance to perform? Tanner isn't fully developed yet, he's come on loads, but he isn't the finished article. As for Colwill, what do the club do with him? New contract, yet it's obvious Bulut doesn't completely fancy him to perform in the way he wants for 90 minutes, same with previous managers. And i don't think a loan spell would favour either player. Bulut has made it clear what is required from them both.

When has he "taken the glory"? He always talks about the players doing their jobs.

He didn't change the dynamics of the game. We were just the same after the subs as before.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He didn't change the dynamics of the game. We were just the same after the subs as before.
    71 minutes 2-1, 84 minutes 2-3, I would say that’s a dynamic change