+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Karlan Grant's future as he's told to 'rediscover' himself at Cardiff City

International

Karlan Grant's future as he's told to 'rediscover' himself at Cardiff City

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...s-out-28102901

Good player, but can do more!

I would imagine O'Dowda ahead of him, when he's fit?

Re: Karlan Grant's future as he's told to 'rediscover' himself at Cardiff City

Yeah I like him but unless he adds more goals to his game I don’t think I’d be looking for us to sign him permanently, no doubt on a decent wage considering he signed a 6 year deal at WBA.

If only he’d scored that one-on-one on Saturday, could have been a hero !!!!

Terrible miss

He reminds me a lot of Josh Low.

Lovely player to watch but the killer instinct is lacking.

He needs to show what he is capable of before O'Dowda returns.

I'd definitely prefer O' Dowda.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Terrible miss
    He has missed 3 highly presentable chances of late, with just the keeper to beat......

He's quick and works hard but offers very little beyond that.

We talk about Bulut making the same changes week in,week out, yet Grant plays ninety minutes every game. I think that happens because he is very good physically in terms of pace, power and stamina. Based on what I’ve seen of him, I can’t think of anyone opposing supporters have got more wrong - we were told that Grant was lazy and disinterested, yet he’s been the complete opposite here and his attitude has been spot on.

The problem with him is that it’s impossible to see how he managed to score fifteen goals in a season once. The one goal he’s scored for us was a very good one, but it was an instinctive finish he didn’t have to think about. However, he’s missed too many easier chances (including a simple header against the jacks) - I had no confidence that he was going to score on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Terrible miss
    That looked like a guy so short of confidence. Fumbled around trying to get the ball out of his feet.

He's been playing well recently though, just needs to get his head sorted in front of goal.

Don't think he's any better or worse than O'Dowda in the left wing position, O'Dowda isn't exactly clinical in front of goal himself.

An upgrade at LW in January and O'Dowda covering left back for Collins is my personal hope.

Not a great player, in my opinion. The story goes that West Brom paid £15m for him, which gets harder to believe with each game that passes.

He’s not worth his place. No end product whatsoever. He can’t cross and can’t finish. He can run around for ever but it won’t get us anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not a great player, in my opinion. The story goes that West Brom paid £15m for him, which gets harder to believe with each game that passes.
    Works hard, does a lot of things right but the end product isn’t there. The number of times in the first half Saturday where he had space, beat his man and then made the wrong decision was frustrating. If his confidence grows he could be some player for us

works hard...but...

passes back more than ive seen any winger do

if he does try to beat his man...its always with pace and no skill (ends up being all too predictable and easily handled)

overly greedy when in the box (a bit of greed is good for a winger cutting inside but he is too much)

missing a LOT of chances

bring on january and O'dowda..

He has good upper body strength, hard to shift off the ball, pace to burn to worry defences which does create opportunity for others, if he had good finishing skills he'd not be on our books. Must have a top agent to have secured a 6 year deal.

You feel there's more to come from him and it's gonna click soon. But I prefer O'Dowda.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He has good upper body strength, hard to shift off the ball, pace to burn to worry defences which does create opportunity for others, if he had good finishing skills he'd not be on our books. Must have a top agent to have secured a 6 year deal.
    I like to see him with the ball too but find him a tad predictable in the sense that I know exactly when he's about to cut inside.