+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some good news.

Some good news.

Inflation down to 4.6 per cent.

Re: Some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Inflation down to 4.6 per cent.
    The drop is all about falling energy prices and a sharp reduction in food price inflation.

It’s get bugger all to do with The Tory’s, but watch them try and take the credit.

It was the one of Rishi's 5 pledges that was almost out of his, and his party's, control anyway.

It's a bad day for those saying that wage rises cause inflation given the recently announced wage figures.

I have noticed a few things getting noticeably cheaper in the supermarket. I don't know about anyone else but inflation definitely forced me to live a lot healthier.

I'd imagine the energy portion will drag now for a few months as the price of natural gas has been steadily rising from its lows of spring/early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The drop is all about falling energy prices and a sharp reduction in food price inflation.

It’s get bugger all to do with The Tory’s, but watch them try and take the credit.
    🤣

All their fault when it went up of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's a bad day for those saying that wage rises cause inflation given the recently announced wage figures.

I have noticed a few things getting noticeably cheaper in the supermarket. I don't know about anyone else but inflation definitely forced me to live a lot healthier.

I'd imagine the energy portion will drag now for a few months as the price of natural gas has been steadily rising from its lows of spring/early summer.
    So if we all had 2k week extra in our pockets and at the end of the month we all decided to buy an 8k car. Seeing as demand would out strip supply - what do you think the car dealer would advertise his 8k car for the following month ?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    🤣

All their fault when it went up of course.
    I haven't seen anybody say it was, I am probably not on this board as much as you though.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    So if we all had 2k week extra in our pockets and at the end of the month we all decided to buy an 8k car. Seeing as demand would out strip supply - what do you think the car dealer would advertise his 8k car for the following month ?
    Is that meant to be an intelligent question?

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    You wouldn't have enough, you would be £6K short?

Bank Of England ......nothing to do with the tory filth and that's exactly what economic commentators are saying and have been saying

Unless your name is JamesWales

Who clearly isn't as bright as he thinks he is

Anyone on here could easily claim it was down to us. I’m so glad my target to halve inflation has been such a success. You watch those Tory gits trying to take my credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Anyone on here could easily claim it was down to us. I’m so glad my target to halve inflation has been such a success. You watch those Tory gits trying to take my credit.
    Thanks Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bank Of England ......nothing to do with the tory filth and that's exactly what economic commentators are saying and have been saying

Unless your name is JamesWales

Who clearly isn't as bright as he thinks he is
    What a complete distortion of reality. If you read threads more instead of steaming into them screaming things like 'Toey filth' you would realise that.

I've constantly made the point that inflation and the cost of living issue is global and cyclical. This is evidenced by every western country seeing big spikes in inflation and every western country seeing it now fall.

The govt didn't cause the rise in inflation and it isn't behind the fall. An argument can be made that it did some things to not make the matter worse, but the fall was always going to happen - I've said that from the start.

What a complete distortion of reality. If you read threads more instead of steaming into them screaming things like 'Toey filth' you would realise that.

I've constantly made the point that inflation and the cost of living issue is global and cyclical. This is evidenced by every western country seeing big spikes in inflation and every western country seeing it now fall.

The govt didn't cause the rise in inflation and it isn't behind the fall. An argument can be made that it did some things to not make the matter worse, but the fall was always going to happen - I've said that from the start.
    Why would Rishi make halving inflation one of his 5 pledges, if he couldn't control it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why would Rishi make halving inflation one of his 5 pledges, if he couldn't control it anyway?
    For exactly the same reason that the opposition blamed them for inflation even though they were very little to do with it. Cos that's politics, unfortunately.

It could have been different. We could have had some honesty from when inflation started rising after Covid, but party's will always play political games won't they.

Hmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

What things? I lived through inflation in the 1970's and most costs did not come down again, certainly not back to the previous norms. I suspect the same will happen this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What things? I lived through inflation in the 1970's and most costs did not come down again, certainly not back to the previous norms. I suspect the same will happen this time around.
    Are you still a conservative Christian?

It's entirely you perogative but I think the two are not able to fit together

Christians wether I believe in God or not and we know I don't.....are generally kind , sharing people

Conservatives ? ......well its all about the dollar

I would be interested in your views , the local churches seem full of torys , I find it odd and disconcerting

Christians wether I believe in God or not and we know I don't.....are generally kind , sharing people

I would be interested in your views , the local churches seem full of torys , I find it odd and disconcerting
    Sludge - I'm not sure if I dare respond to this, lest I be accused of hijacking another thread! I can easily, but what do you think? Is it a genuine enquiry or a wind up?

As a Christian the Tories seem to read a different bible than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Sludge - I'm not sure if I dare respond to this, lest I be accused of hijacking another thread! I can easily, but what do you think? Is it a genuine enquiry or a wind up?
    I would rather you don't reply if you feel it might engage you in on line jousting

You can always pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    As a Christian the Tories seem to read a different bible than I do.
    A lot of the old school one nation Tories like John major who were decent enough even though they were tories were raving church goers

I just can't see how the Conservative mantra of the individual and no such thing as society , benefit cuts , privatisation ......are what Jesus would have wanted ?

A lot of the old school one nation Tories like John major who were decent enough even though they were tories were raving church goers

I just can't see how the Conservative mantra of the individual and no such thing as society , benefit cuts , privatisation ......are what Jesus would have wanted ?
    The Christian element of the Tories are those that donate to, or volunteer at food banks, for those who can't afford to buy food, or those who facilitate warm hubs for those who cant afford to heat their own homes.

The Christian element of the Tories are those that donate to, or volunteer at food banks, for those who can't afford to buy food, or those who facilitate warm hubs for those who cant afford to heat their own homes.
    So basically they vote for their government to cut benefits and make people struggle

And then to get closer to God they deliver food parcels to the people they have directly driven into poverty by voting Conservative

Praise the Lord !

For exactly the same reason that the opposition blamed them for inflation even though they were very little to do with it. Cos that's politics, unfortunately.
    Yeah because a party in power for 13+ years has no control over where our energy comes from does it?

Rampant short term-ism cripples the country once again.