+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky Mackay

Malky Mackay

Sacked as Ross County manager this morning.

Re: Malky Mackay

What for this time ?

Hope he's deleted his whatapp msg's

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    What for this time ?

Hope he's deleted his whatapp msg's

Phone fell off a boat on a fishing trip in the middle of the North Sea I bet!

Ross police leave cancelled…‘They’re going to have a riot on their hands’

I have family who are season ticket holders and I was up for the Celtic game. Barely survived last year and heading in the wrong direction. Dingwall has a population of 6k, they are fully punching above their weight being in the top division. Hopefully Cowie gets a crack at the job permanently, he cuts the figure of a manager and is a local.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I have family who are season ticket holders and I was up for the Celtic game. Barely survived last year and heading in the wrong direction. Dingwall has a population of 6k, they are fully punching above their weight being in the top division. Hopefully Cowie gets a crack at the job permanently, he cuts the figure of a manager and is a local.
    Dingwall has a population of 6k.Highland club,struggle to get players to go there.
    Malky has worked a minor miracle.
    They could well be going back from where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I was travelling across Scotland a couple of years ago " bagging Munros" when I booked a camp site in one of the most boring places in the world ,Dingwall.
    The camp site was on the main road to Ross County's ground , about 100 yds past it . The equivalent of having a camping site in our car park.
    I was having a cuppa in the morning, heard a bit of shouting out side, wandered out to see what the commotion was , on a piece of grass next to their stadium some guys were training. I asked a guy standing at the side if they were the the under 21s or some other subsidiary of Ross County . Nope these were the first team , training on a piece of grass at the side of the stadium .He told me a bit about their recent results and looking forward to Rangers coming up in the next week or so.

Talk about another world.... I think Malky did a decent job there with limited funds .
    I have heard some on here say footballers don't want to come to Cardiff ... if you ever visited Ross County you would soon see the beauty in Cardiff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I was travelling across Scotland a couple of years ago " bagging Munros" when I booked a camp site in one of the most boring places in the world ,Dingwall.
    The camp site was on the main road to Ross County's ground , about 100 yds past it . The equivalent of having a camping site in our car park.
    I was having a cuppa in the morning, heard a bit of shouting out side, wandered out to see what the commotion was , on a piece of grass next to their stadium some guys were training. I asked a guy standing at the side if they were the the under 21s or some other subsidiary of Ross County . Nope these were the first team , training on a piece of grass at the side of the stadium .He told me a bit about their recent results and looking forward to Rangers coming up in the next week or so.

Talk about another world.... I think Malky did a decent job there with limited funds .
    I have heard some on here say footballers don't want to come to Cardiff ... if you ever visited Ross County you would soon see the beauty in Cardiff...
    I remember watching a documentary on Fort William football club. They have a similar issue where it was difficult to get players at all. Away games were around a 7-8 hour round trip by car and, where the Fort is located, anyone not from the town had a lengthy drive just to get there. I think they had one player from Skye, who would drive to training once a week, taking him hours. Think they all got £50 a game!!

Mousehole FC play in the Southern League, which is alot of clubs around Bristol and Bath, alot of games are a 4 - 5 Hours Drive, its a hefty call for players earning a few Hundred a game

Total whanker that bled the club of cash when promoted. Basically threw the club under the bus to line his pockets with cash. Glad he's sacked.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Total whanker that bled the club of cash when promoted. Basically threw the club under the bus to line his pockets with cash. Glad he's sacked.
    Don't beat about the bush, say hat you mean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    What did he actually do?