+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labour revolt over SNP ceasefire vote.

Labour revolt over SNP ceasefire vote.

Re: Labour revolt over SNP ceasefire vote.

The UK Parliament cannot force Israel or Hamas to a ceasefire.

Keir Starmer cannot force Israel or Hamas to the table.

This was ONLY introduced by the SNP to split Labour.

Now can we PLEASE focus on getting rid of the fascist Tory lunatics in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The UK Parliament cannot force Israel or Hamas to a ceasefire.

Keir Starmer cannot force Israel or Hamas to the table.

This was ONLY introduced by the SNP to split Labour.

Now can we PLEASE focus on getting rid of the fascist Tory lunatics in charge?
    Some people are concerned that they won't see much difference to what we have now if and when Labour forms a Government. Just listened to the shadow Defence Secretary saying how Labour will push for a two state solution when elected, but is that a genuine promise or a Starmer one - they're two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Some people are concerned that they won't see much difference to what we have now if and when Labour forms a Government. Just listened to the shadow Defence Secretary saying how Labour will push for a two state solution when elected, but is that a genuine promise or a Starmer one - they're two different things.
    I think it’s hold your nose time and just use your vote tactically to get rid of this government. The country can’t go on like this.

I think it’s hold your nose time and just use your vote tactically to get rid of this government. The country can’t go on like this.
    I've asked this before, and i do get that sometimes change is needed for changes sake or that people want to punish govts but what are you expecting to get significantly better or different that wouldn't happen anyway?

I agree and that's what I'll be doing, but it would be nice to vote for a party for positive reasons rather than just to get the Tories out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree and that's what I'll be doing, but it would be nice to vote for a party for positive reasons rather than just to get the Tories out.
    I totally agree Bob, what a sad state of affairs.

Starma just lost 8 of his front bench apparently, how is his Israel / Hamas policy working out ?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've asked this before, and i do get that sometimes change is needed for changes sake or that people want to punish govts but what are you expecting to get significantly better or different that wouldn't happen anyway?
    Change for change sake? FFS are you living in a parallel universe. 14 years of an absolute shit show. Corruption, sexual deviance, incompetence, veering to the far right, I could go on and on and on. We need a General election now.

Change for change sake? FFS are you living in a parallel universe. 14 years of an absolute shit show. Corruption, sexual deviance, incompetence, veering to the far right, I could go on and on and on. We need a General election now.
    "sexual deviance" ?? Tell me more..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "sexual deviance" ?? Tell me more..!!!
    Google is your friend! Try “Tory’s,Whip, Sex”. That should give you plenty of info.

For once I agree with James. I don't think Labour will improve my life or anyone I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    For once I agree with James. I don't think Labour will improve my life or anyone I care about.
    the conservatives have made EVERYTHING worse another 5 years of them and the country will be beyond fixing.

Are you trying to say there is no difference between the two parties or that politicians don't have enough power to change anything?

I would like a few years of boring, the conservatives are actually creating most of their own problems by endlessly trying to spin everything and pick up brownie points with their base, then the country suffers as they reverse or double down on those silly policies.

I feel Labour are more naturally committed to embracing the opportunities of the future, one of the few tangible positives of a genuine conservative government is that they don't take risks and preserve. They haven't done this for years, they are now just the 'it was better in my day' party, which is depressing.

Starmer is trying to win an election by default, not take any risks and so it's very difficult for anybody to pin point anything tangible that will be improved.

Just less scandal, sleeze, corruption would be a wonderful start, like the stuff that rishi promised and hasn't delivered. I might disagree with starmer on a few things and dislike the way he has embraced playing politics (especially within his own party) but I don't doubt his motivation and integrity. Not sure I can say the same about Rishi. Definitely couldn't say the same about Boris.

You won't find me posting messages supporting the Tories nor the Labour party as neither of them appeal to me and, as a result, I don't get involved the Punch and Judy left v right spats on here.
    However, I have to say that this current Conservative government seems to be the most corrupt, devious, unethical, dishonest and despicable bunch I can remember in almost 50 years of voting.

A fresher smell about the place and less stink: and I'm not just talking about sewage in the waterways. Now that's what I call refoulment.

That’s a question which would need weeks to put down in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You won't find me posting messages supporting the Tories nor the Labour party as neither of them appeal to me and, as a result, I don't get involved the Punch and Judy left v right spats on here.
    However, I have to say that this current Conservative government seems to be the most corrupt, devious, unethical, dishonest and despicable bunch I can remember in almost 50 years of voting.
    That’s a fair summary.

^^^^^^ Absolutely this ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    ^^^^^^ Absolutely this ^^^^^
    The Con Lib coalition were a bunch of lying stinkers to be fair

What about the con lib coalition?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Are you trying to say there is no difference between the two parties or that politicians don't have enough power to change anything?

I would like a few years of boring, the conservatives are actually creating most of their own problems by endlessly trying to spin everything and pick up brownie points with their base, then the country suffers as they reverse or double down on those silly policies.

I feel Labour are more naturally committed to embracing the opportunities of the future, one of the few tangible positives of a genuine conservative government is that they don't take risks and preserve. They haven't done this for years, they are now just the 'it was better in my day' party, which is depressing.

Starmer is trying to win an election by default, not take any risks and so it's very difficult for anybody to pin point anything tangible that will be improved.

Just less scandal, sleeze, corruption would be a wonderful start, like the stuff that rishi promised and hasn't delivered. I might disagree with starmer on a few things and dislike the way he has embraced playing politics (especially within his own party) but I don't doubt his motivation and integrity. Not sure I can say the same about Rishi. Definitely couldn't say the same about Boris.
    Thats interesting and it is good to find out peoples thinking. For me, I absolutely understand the desire for change and for drawing a line under various scandals etc.

It's more I suppose how life would get better.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What about the con lib coalition?
    Not a fan of the Lib Dem’s either.

I would be if they had a decent leader

Them and Labour and the greens in coalition would keep the tory rabble out for generations

They are all too stupid to see it though

I was suggesting that the con lib coalition was just as bad as the cons on their own , not that I thought they were up to much