Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Not so sure about the crap footballer bit, his early career suggested he had a lot of talent. What struck me reading that report on what he did was the utter banality of it all, I expected some sort of confrontation and a leading up to it, but there’s nothing like that, why did he say what he did when it reads that Luthra did absolutely nothing to provoke such a response? I think it might be telling that Simpson says he cannot remember saying what he did to Luthra - if we believe that, it surely means that someone who was out on the piss until 3 and 4 in the morning was still pissed when he awoke less than three hours later, not only that, but he was pissed enough not to remember what he said after waking up.

I had the very occasional “lost hour” or so when I couldn’t remember how I got home from a night on the booze, but I never got so bad that my “amnesia” lasted until the following morning, if Simpson really did do so, it might offer a hint as to why his football career is going nowhere. I may be making five out of adding two and two, but Simpson’s problems might run deeper than racially abusing a team mate.
Well put.