+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Simpson - fined and banned.

Jack Simpson - fined and banned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67446246

Former Cardiff City player Jack Simpson has been banned for six games after admitting he used racist language towards a team-mate while he was still with the Bluebirds in pre-season.

Simpson, 26, is a free agent after leaving Cardiff in August.

The Football Association (FA) says the incident took place during Cardiff's pre-season trip to Portugal.

Defender Simpson was fined £8,000 and must also undergo "face-to-face education".

He breached FA rule E3 for misconduct with his racist abuse also deemed an "aggravated breach" of the governing bodies rules.

Cardiff have not commented.

Re: Jack Simpson - fined and banned.

The report details exactly what went down and between who.

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/...mber-2023.ashx (link will download the report).

What a dickhead. Fine should be much higher imo.

It's worrying that some young people are still using racially offensive terms these days

You sadly expect it from some generations

Absolute idiot

Well done Luthra for reporting this. It can't have been easy to do.

What an idiot Jack Simpson is.

Bloody hell

The Team headed to the airport shortly after. KE reported that when at the airport he was stood behind JS in a queue at a coffee shop and they spoke about the incident. JS said words to the effect of, “I’m so stupid. I don’t know why I said that. My girlfriend is from that country as well.”

Makes it even more stupid.

Complete idiot. Good riddance.

He is indeed an idiot.

He doesn't have a club at the moment?
    I would Imagine his worth will have hit rock bottom. Any club that signs him will be without his services for 6 games. He's not going to endear himself to new teammates and no doubt any club that does sign him is going to come in for a lot of stick from the fan base.
    On top of all that - he's not actually very good.

Well done to the club for dealing with this so decisively and well done Luthra for making the decision to disclose - shame for me that others didn't do it on his behalf but it takes guts from all sides so understand why not 👍

"As explained by Mr Simpson in his witness statement, prior to the incident, he was happy at CCFC and intended to stay there for the remainder of his contract until 30 June 2024 and he may have considered remaining at CCFC after that date if the opportunity arose for him to do so."

Happy being paid for doing not a lot. He must be dreaming if he thinks he had any chance of another contract or even making it to the end of the one he had.

Crap footballer and a crap human being based on reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    Crap footballer and a crap human being based on reading that.
    Correct so correct.

Not so sure about the crap footballer bit, his early career suggested he had a lot of talent. What struck me reading that report on what he did was the utter banality of it all, I expected some sort of confrontation and a leading up to it, but there’s nothing like that, why did he say what he did when it reads that Luthra did absolutely nothing to provoke such a response? I think it might be telling that Simpson says he cannot remember saying what he did to Luthra - if we believe that, it surely means that someone who was out on the piss until 3 and 4 in the morning was still pissed when he awoke less than three hours later, not only that, but he was pissed enough not to remember what he said after waking up.

I had the very occasional “lost hour” or so when I couldn’t remember how I got home from a night on the booze, but I never got so bad that my “amnesia” lasted until the following morning, if Simpson really did do so, it might offer a hint as to why his football career is going nowhere. I may be making five out of adding two and two, but Simpson’s problems might run deeper than racially abusing a team mate.

6 game ban for racism.
    How long did Toni get for betting?
    But let's do the kick it out campaign just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not so sure about the crap footballer bit, his early career suggested he had a lot of talent. What struck me reading that report on what he did was the utter banality of it all, I expected some sort of confrontation and a leading up to it, but there’s nothing like that, why did he say what he did when it reads that Luthra did absolutely nothing to provoke such a response? I think it might be telling that Simpson says he cannot remember saying what he did to Luthra - if we believe that, it surely means that someone who was out on the piss until 3 and 4 in the morning was still pissed when he awoke less than three hours later, not only that, but he was pissed enough not to remember what he said after waking up.

I had the very occasional “lost hour” or so when I couldn’t remember how I got home from a night on the booze, but I never got so bad that my “amnesia” lasted until the following morning, if Simpson really did do so, it might offer a hint as to why his football career is going nowhere. I may be making five out of adding two and two, but Simpson’s problems might run deeper than racially abusing a team mate.
    I thought this on reading it too, not that he has an issue as such but it struck me how pissed he must have been and while I know he’s young and will make mistakes, i can’t imagine it does a professional footballer much good to be drinking to that level, pre season or not. Credit for being up at six and getting in at four mind!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Well put.

His girlfriend is from the same country as Rohan Luthra? I should imagine quite a few of the players have English girlfriends.

Signed for Leyton Orient until the end of the season:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-club-28730232