+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 12 years ago today Whitts scored this worldie

12 years ago today Whitts scored this worldie

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/slzat...e4fqnnjacdjok1

For me his best City goal. Possibly his first touch, 2 minutes in, poor touch from a Reading player and he just unleashes a first time effort from 30 yards into the top corner. Arguably one of the best goals from anyone, anywhere.

Re: 12 years ago today Whitts scored this worldie

Amazing that he even considered doing that, let alone having the ability to actually pull it off. Most players would have just put their foot in to try to win the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Amazing that he even considered doing that, let alone having the ability to actually pull it off. Most players would have just put their foot in to try to win the ball.
    If it had been Ronaldo, Messi etc, we'd never stop seeing it. It wasn't even half a chance.

His goal at Middlesborough in the fa Cup was sublime

The close control with both feet , trickery and finish was out of this world

His goal v Barnsley was epic.

The ball seemed to defy gravity.

Scored so many to even choose from. We were blessed seeing some of his goals.

This free kick against wolves always sticks in my mind. Decent distance out, he goes to the keepers side but still finds the top corner.

https://youtu.be/-PjA2k2I1q0?si=4j_TlEdkrA69koeF

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

For me his best City goal. Possibly his first touch, 2 minutes in, poor touch from a Reading player and he just unleashes a first time effort from 30 yards into the top corner. Arguably one of the best goals from anyone, anywhere.
    Brilliant, winning the ball back not his thing so he’ll just knock it in lol amazing.

Easily the most gifted player I've ever seen play for City. What was it that prevented him from being a success in the PL?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Easily the most gifted player I've ever seen play for City. What was it that prevented him from being a success in the PL?
    If he had got settled and played a fair bit at 19 years of age he would have been a star

He probably didn't get those breaks

But thank flip we got hold of him

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If he had got settled and played a fair bit at 19 years of age he would have been a star

He probably didn't get those breaks

But thank flip we got hold of him
    He'd played 50 premier league games by the time he was 21.

He’s scored so many wonder goals, it so difficult to chose, one of my particular favourites is the free kick away to Leicester in the play offs. The ref moved the ball wider, he moved it back just a little and knew exactly what he was doing going for the near post, not many players could have pulled that free kick off!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He'd played 50 premier league games by the time he was 21.
    Well his talent clearly wasn't seen then

The Reading number 14 is thinking to himself "Break on here", then in a heartbeat he's had the ball stolen from him and it's already in the back of the net, and he's still moving forward towards our goal!

He and his teammates are like..."WTF"!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well his talent clearly wasn't seen then
    Whitts was the Championships version of Matt Le Tissier. Le Tissiers ability was never questioned, although his work rate, pace, commitment when things were tough most certainly were. Rightly or wrongly. I think that Whitts suffered the same problem.

The Middlesbrough FA Cup goal away I think is my favourite.

Daying that, even his pelanties were beautiful to watch.

Soo gifted.

I was at that game and fell down the steps when it went in. Brian McDermott said afterwards it was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The Middlesbrough FA Cup goal away I think is my favourite.

Daying that, even his pelanties were beautiful to watch.

Soo gifted.
    The moment we were awarded a pelanty with Whitts on the pitch, it was like celebrating a goal - he was that assured.

I remember Richard Langley trying to do the same thing at Ninian Park and the ball nearly went out of the ground