Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Space X hitting the firmananent

Re: Space X hitting the firmananent

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    different views
    😂

Yet again it’s all ready been established that the aforementioned article could have been published better ( probably because f the fact it’s a non English language publication) but nice try.

Funny how you have ignored that part though, I suspect the reason you have done so is pretty obvious.

Are you and one two others that insecure about posters with progressive / different views, seems to me you’re another complicity theorist.
    What makes you think it's a non-English language publication? There are frequent references to this happening in the USA, such as:

"Italy is no different, and America should be taking detailed notes, because nearly all of the conditional elements that have Italy ready for collapse are presently operative conditions in America as well."

Which leads me to think that it's written by an American.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What makes you think it's a non-English language publication? There are frequent references to this happening in the USA, such as:

"Italy is no different, and America should be taking detailed notes, because nearly all of the conditional elements that have Italy ready for collapse are presently operative conditions in America as well."

You mean to say that OMNIgod Author, the Pragmatic Philosophic oriented Reality Bases Spiritual Man who lives by the mantra "Wisdom is paid for in Blood." who regularly posts articles on American Football and bemoans how few dollars he gets for his articles isn't really from Milan or Palermo?

What do you base that on?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You mean to say that OMNIgod Author, the Pragmatic Philosophic oriented Reality Bases Spiritual Man who lives by the mantra "Wisdom is paid for in Blood." who regularly posts articles on American Football and bemoans how few dollars he gets for his articles isn't really from Milan or Palermo?

What do you base that on?
    Some of the syntax is so mangled that the sentence needs a couple of reads, and words are Randomly capitalised throughout.

Just further proof that it's an American, any learner is going to have a bit more pride in their work than that

Some of the syntax is so mangled that the sentence needs a couple of reads, and words are Randomly capitalised throughout.

Just further proof that it's an American, any learner is going to have a bit more pride in their work than that
    Perhaps LoM's American as well?

Your point has already been noted in numerous other posts, so to keep bringing it up suggests, to coin a phrase, your playing the man not the ball.

What the article has done is raise awareness of excess mortality rates which is a concern isn’t it - or does that not fit your agenda?

Furthermore all you need to do is refer back to the BMJ article which was posted as retrospective evidence, and if you really do have time on your hands , visit the ONS website.

Hope that helps bra.

Your point has already been noted in numerous other posts, so to keep bringing it up suggests, to coin a phrase, your playing the man not the ball.

What the article has done is raise awareness of excess mortality rates which is a concern isn’t it - or does that not fit your agenda?

Furthermore all you need to do is refer back to the BMJ article which was posted as retrospective evidence, and if you really do have time on your hands , visit the ONS website.

Hope that helps bra.
    I thought the article was to raise awareness of lower birth rates?

Are you absolutely sure you’ve read it?

Hope that helps bra.
    That's the first time someone has mentioned it being a non-English publication as far as I know. If it's in numerous other posts, I'm sure you can link them for me.

And while you're at it, you said there were "plenty of other articles" making the same claim about no births in Italy. I asked for those but I must have missed your reply, so perhaps you could link that too.

Thanks bra!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I thought the article was to raise awareness of lower birth rates?

Are you absolutely sure you’ve read it?
    You make a good point, bra. 'Death' appears 3 times in the 2,500+ word article that everyone in the thread has certainly read.

That's the first time someone has mentioned it being a non-English publication as far as I know. If it's in numerous other posts, I'm sure you can link them for me.

And while you're at it, you said there were "plenty of other articles" making the same claim about no births in Italy. I asked for those but I must have missed your reply, so perhaps you could link that too.

Thanks bra!
    I’m not your personal google assistant. It’s been discussed the way the article is written is misleading but you are still asking for clarification.

Whats perhaps best for you in situations like this is to consider the article as a non starter and refer to publications you’re interested - in such as the BMJ article (posted in this thread) .

It’s clear that in hindsight a better approach could have been taken in this instance, but it’s a football message-board and I wouldn’t recommend that everything you read is entirely evidence based.

That said perhaps you could start a discussion on why excess deaths are on the rise particularly in people under a certain age.

Good to see you are contributing though bra.

I’m not your personal google assistant. It’s been discussed the way the article is written is misleading but you are still asking for clarification.

Whats perhaps best for you in situations like this is to consider the article as a non starter and refer to publications you’re interested - in such as the BMJ article (posted in this thread) .

It’s clear that in hindsight a better approach could have been taken in this instance, but it’s a football message-board and I wouldn’t recommend that everything you read is entirely evidence based.

That said perhaps you could start a discussion on why excess deaths are on the rise particularly in people under a certain age.

I'm not your personal discussion starter assistant

I'm not your personal discussion starter assistant
    Touché bra

Tell you what though, in the spirit of compromise, find me three articles that "back up the initial claim", and I'll start a dozen threads of your choosing.

Can't say fairer than that.

Tell you what though, in the spirit of compromise, find me three articles that "back up the initial claim", and I'll start a dozen threads of your choosing.

Can't say fairer than that.
    Considering you’re so interested, spend a bit of time on it ,( don’t worry too much about it though , everything really isn’t that bad ) and I’m sure you’ll find some people who are willing to contribute - you know it makes sense Rodney.

Do you think it's clear in hindsight that a better approach would be to read articles before posting them?

Do you think it's clear in hindsight that a better approach would be to read articles before posting them?

I’ve already answered the question and offered advice , if you’re still concerned ask the mods to remove the particular link.

Have you ever thought about using alternative platforms ( I know the BBC usually has a comment page at the end of each article) as this is just a football message-board after-all. As far as I know , its generally just about opinions and interpretations, which clearly mine are generally more subjective than yours and a few others.
    As a last resort just ignore posts I make.

I’ve already answered the question and offered advice , if you’re still concerned ask the mods to remove the particular link.

Have you ever thought about using alternative platforms ( I know the BBC usually has a comment page at the end of each article) as this is just a football message-board after-all. As far as I know , its generally just about opinions and interpretations, which clearly mine are generally more subjective than yours and a few others.
    As a last resort just ignore posts I make.
    So you're saying that my posts are more supported by facts than yours?

No further questions. We can leave it there bra.

I read the BMJ article (not posted in this thread). This is the gist of it.

Veena Raleigh, a senior fellow at the health think tank the King’s Fund, told The BMJ that there had been large numbers of deaths related to flu and covid-19 in December 2022 and January this year, which was influencing the figures.5 “The 2023 figures to date do not compare well with 2019. Mortality to date is about 5.5% higher than it was for the same period in 2019,” she said.

“With 2023 to date, we haven’t had the bounce back that we might have expected once the worst of the pandemic was over. In the first three quarters of 2023 the mortality rate was higher than in many years in the pre-pandemic decade. If we have a good coming winter things could get back to 2019 levels relatively quickly, but it’s unpredictable.

“We need to remember that covid is still here and infections currently are picking up. Hopefully, we won’t see the sort of deaths we’ve seen before, but, that said, fewer people are getting vaccinated against covid.”

So, excess deaths are stubbornly high but a goodly proportion are due to covid, flu and weakening vaccination rates.

Is that the point you were making?

I read the BMJ article (not posted in this thread). This is the gist of it.

Veena Raleigh, a senior fellow at the health think tank the King’s Fund, told The BMJ that there had been large numbers of deaths related to flu and covid-19 in December 2022 and January this year, which was influencing the figures.5 “The 2023 figures to date do not compare well with 2019. Mortality to date is about 5.5% higher than it was for the same period in 2019,” she said.

“With 2023 to date, we haven’t had the bounce back that we might have expected once the worst of the pandemic was over. In the first three quarters of 2023 the mortality rate was higher than in many years in the pre-pandemic decade. If we have a good coming winter things could get back to 2019 levels relatively quickly, but it’s unpredictable.

“We need to remember that covid is still here and infections currently are picking up. Hopefully, we won’t see the sort of deaths we’ve seen before, but, that said, fewer people are getting vaccinated against covid.”

So, excess deaths are stubbornly high but a goodly proportion are due to covid, flu and weakening vaccination rates.

Is that the point you were making?
    No not at all, especially when the spike is in the people who don’t need vaccinations. Could be anything, what do you think it could be affecting the health of people post lockdown - taking your conscious biased opinions out of it?

No not at all, especially when the spike is in the people who don’t need vaccinations. Could be anything, what do you think it could be affecting the health of people post lockdown - taking your conscious biased opinions out of it?
    I thought the article you continually referenced and I reproduced on the back off the ludicrous Italian one was supposed to be the answer. Obviously not!

I thought the article you continually referenced and I reproduced on the back off the ludicrous Italian one was supposed to be the answer. Obviously not!

So what’s your opinion then taking your conscious biased stance away?

So what’s your opinion then taking your conscious biased stance away?
    Oh go on, you go first!

Oh go on, you go first!
    Go ahead , I’m interested to know

Go ahead , I’m interested to know
    I think the article make it clear that a high proportion of the excess deaths in the 2022 spike were down to covid and flu and in recent months the numbers have flattened. From what I can read cancer deaths are lower and cardiovascular deaths are a little higher.

Now your go!

I think the article make it clear that a high proportion of the excess deaths in the 2022 spike were down to covid and flu and in recent months the numbers have flattened. From what I can read cancer deaths are lower and cardiovascular deaths are a little higher.

Now your go!

Of course that’s a contributing factor ( it has to be) but if you think that’s the best way to explaining it , clearly you haven’t been joining the dots. As I said to you earlier ( or was it Lardy) spend some time with ONS data , that will help you understand the assumptions