+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were the Premier League.. would you want to punish Man City hard?

Re: If you were the Premier League.. would you want to punish Man City hard?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What did you put in to google to find that?

Adding their top 25 transfers according to this only comes to about 240m

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en...most-expensive
    I just lazily Googled, ‘How much have Brentford spent on transfers’ and those figures came up. I’ve no clue otherwise just Googled it to see, I’ve never kept up with the comings & goings there

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I just lazily Googled, ‘How much have Brentford spent on transfers’ and those figures came up. I’ve no clue otherwise just Googled it to see, I’ve never kept up with the comings & goings there
    Brentford are renowned for buying unknown players for relatively cheap fees (in football terms) then selling players when their stock is high, making big profits on the players and reinvesting some of those profits in the team and the cycle continues.

A model that Brighton have taken to another level most recently and one which many clubs have tried to replicate. Unfortunately for them not wth the same success as Brentford or Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The Brentford who has spent €380m in transfer fees …. Right ?
    Where do you get that from? Brentfords NET spend on transfers in last 10 windows is £40M. They are very good at making a profit in players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we fail to punish Man City, we might as well not have any FFP rules at all and just let the richest clubs get away with more at the expense of everyone else.
    FFP is a joke anyway, made to keep the rich...rich, and poor, poor. Slap them on the wrist and be harsh from now on, Man City are a well oiled money making machine now anyway. They don't need their owners money anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Where do you get that from? Brentfords NET spend on transfers in last 10 windows is £40M. They are very good at making a profit in players.
    Think Brentford have already spent around £300 million in the January window though, so that’s probably been included.

The year Man City bought Haaland they spent €155m on transfers yet recouped €162m in sales. That seems like a well run club financially on the transfer front.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think Brentford have already spent around £300 million in the January window though, so that’s probably been included.
    Brentford spending 300m in January? Who the hell have they agreed to sign? Mbappe and Bellingham?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Brentford spending 300m in January? Who the hell have they agreed to sign? Mbappe and Bellingham?
    Sawyers & Romeo

FFP is a load of rubbish but unless you have it, you might as well let the oil states do what they want.

The PL wants more money to go to the big 6 now anyway, so what's the point

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought you knew about football. Why would transfers next January, which may not happen yet, be included in the figures for the last 10 transfer windows?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Fining Citeh won’t mean anything.
    Deducting points won’t either unless it’s a lot.
    Relegating them to Div 3 will only make life difficult for those clubs at that level
    Banning them from Europe will hurt a lot more
    Banning them from the transfer market for several windows will hurt a little

Combinations of points deduction , transfer embargo and withdrawal from Europe seems more likely.