+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were the Premier League.. would you want to punish Man City hard?

If you were the Premier League.. would you want to punish Man City hard?

Or not.

They have the best team in the world right now, with the best manager in the world. Why go back to the times where La Liga big 2 creamed the best English teams?

Re: If you were the Premier League.. would you want to punish Man City hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Or not.

They have the best team in the world right now, with the best manager in the world. Why go back to the times where La Liga big 2 creamed the best English teams?
    If we fail to punish Man City, we might as well not have any FFP rules at all and just let the richest clubs get away with more at the expense of everyone else.

Punish them severely

And if any others are found guilty throw the book at them

You name me a top 6 club that hasn't completely taken the piss with these rules.
    None of them create the wealth they spend its complete bullshit.

wasn't FFP just brought in to protect the legacy big clubs who used to do the same thing just not with the same sort of throwaway money the sports washer's have?

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    wasn't FFP just brought in to protect the legacy big clubs who used to do the same thing just not with the same sort of throwaway money the sports washer's have?
    Correct. Old boys club doesn’t want the new money upsetting the apple cart.

It's laughable that United, Liverpool and arsenal moan about man City, who are crooks , buying the league

What do they think their clubs were trying to do for decades ?

A plague on all their houses

I hope Brentford are clean living because it would be great if one day that sort of club could succeed

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Liverpool Trying to buy the league during united and arsenal and Chelsea dominance

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Liverpool Trying to buy the league during united and arsenal and Chelsea dominance
    Maybe they should deduct points from all the cheating clubs and give points to the ones that havent....

How do the likes of Real Madrid / Barcelona get round the issue of spend vs income ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Maybe they should deduct points from all the cheating clubs and give points to the ones that havent....

How do the likes of Real Madrid / Barcelona get round the issue of spend vs income ?
    That's surprisingly liberal of you

Well done

I have no idea about Spanish or Italian or German clubs

But given the Premier league are always telling us that they are the best league in the world then it should be surely easy enough to keep the books clean

They are of course mostly a bunch of crooks

I’d imagine they’re all at it some way, whether they’re Man City, Brighton, Bournemouth etc, every club looking for an angle. I’ve said before that it’s strange that no other Championship club has questioned our transfer window activities whilst under an embargo. Is it because no whistle blower wants their secrets discovered. Football has always been a cut throat financial business from the under the counter payments during the minimum wage era to the present day shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d imagine they’re all at it some way, whether they’re Man City, Brighton, Bournemouth etc, every club looking for an angle. I’ve said before that it’s strange that no other Championship club has questioned our transfer window activities whilst under an embargo. Is it because no whistle blower wants their secrets discovered. Football has always been a cut throat financial business from the under the counter payments during the minimum wage era to the present day shenanigans.
    I think you are probably right

That's surprisingly liberal of you

Well done

I have no idea about Spanish or Italian or German clubs

But given the Premier league are always telling us that they are the best league in the world then it should be surely easy enough to keep the books clean

I thought you'd be too busy in your new role as UN international negotiator on world peace to be bothered coming on here, but thanks for imparting your wisdom anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I thought you'd be too busy in your new role as UN international negotiator on world peace to be bothered coming on here, but thanks for imparting your wisdom anyway.
    You are welcome

Kind Regards

Mr H Kissinger

I doubt very much that the PL will want to. But they'll probably have to.

FFP is a load of bollocks. Providing the debt isnt being loaded onto the football club then if someone wants to fund the club using their own wealth then I dont see the problem.

Also, clubs are only allowed £105m losses over a three year period when defensive midfielders are costing that these days does seem a bit out of proportion.

I don't know if this is true but I've read somewhere that if Man City were to be relegated it would be completely up to the EFL where they go.

So potentially they could go straight to the bottom of the pyramid otherwise.

It's laughable that United, Liverpool and arsenal moan about man City, who are crooks , buying the league

What do they think their clubs were trying to do for decades ?

A plague on all their houses

I hope Brentford are clean living because it would be great if one day that sort of club could succeed
    The Brentford who has spent €380m in transfer fees …. Right ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Exactly, an investigation into nigh on every club would most probably unearth something iffy. Deduct every club 10 points before the start of the season, only fair

Exactly, an investigation into nigh on every club would most probably unearth something iffy. Deduct every club 10 points before the start of the season, only fair
    Except Brentford havent spent nowhere near 380m in their whole history nevermind netspend.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Except Brentford havent spent nowhere near 380m in their whole history nevermind netspend.

If you go to transfermarkt and look at the Brentford page, it says their squad is valued at €379m.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-bre...te/verein/1148

And if you don't read it properly, then you think that means it's what everyone cost rather than just being what the website values the players at

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If you go to transfermarkt and look at the Brentford page, it says their squad is valued at €379m.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-bre...te/verein/1148

And if you don't read it properly, then you think that means it's what everyone cost rather than just being what the website values the players at
    I know. Thats where I got the information that theyve spent nowhere near 380m

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    €379m spent with a deficit of around €57m over the years according to Google. TWGL1 wasn’t far out

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This Brentford?

E2eFJg8XEAAowiS.jpg

€379m spent with a deficit of around €57m over the years according to Google. TWGL1 wasn’t far out
    What did you put in to google to find that?

Adding their top 25 transfers according to this only comes to about 240m

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en...most-expensive