+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Following the science -

Following the science -

https://x.com/implausibleblog/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

So obvious at the time to some

Sir Patrick Vallance; He had a habit of saying things which he didn't have a basis for..

AO: He said things that weren't true?

PV: Yes

Re: Following the science -

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

https://x.com/implausibleblog/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

So obvious at the time to some

Sir Patrick Vallance; He had a habit of saying things which he didn't have a basis for..

AO: He said things that weren't true?

PV: Yes
    Matt Hancock is a Liar Shock, Horror....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Matt Hancock is a Liar Shock, Horror....
    Why would he need to lie ? I wonder what’s to hide, if he lied is there any wonder why significant numbers of the public were sceptical?

Self appointed government deputies must be cringing.

Why would he need to lie ? I wonder what’s to hide, if he lied is there any wonder why significant numbers of the public were sceptical?

Well, seeing as it's the Governments chief Scientist saying this about Hancock, and agreeing with him, aren't we 'Following the Science"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, seeing as it's the Governments chief Scientist saying this about Hancock, and agreeing with him, aren't we 'Following the Science"?
    Not really as he’s been not following the science either

https://x.com/hirdygurdy/status/1726...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

It’s almost as if they all were at some point in time.

Not really as he’s been not following the science either

https://x.com/hirdygurdy/status/1726...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

It’s almost as if they all were at some point in time.
    I'm confused, I assume that clip is from early March 2020 when, for a short while, the UK was following the herd immunity line and then , within a day or two, it all changed because of Ferguson's modelling which showed half a million could die. Are you saying that they were wrong to push the herd immunity line and then wrong to change their minds about it?

sage was all for this herd immunity thing also- so they must of also thought the modelling was wildly inaccurate, especially when you take into account the other modelling undertakings in respect of the effects of lockdowns on the population- which we are seeing now which the significant spike in excess deaths, particularly in people under 50.

https://x.com/ian_fraser/status/1397...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

sage was all for this herd immunity thing also- so they must of also thought the modelling was wildly inaccurate, especially when you take into account the other modelling undertakings in respect of the effects of lockdowns on the population- which we are seeing now which the significant spike in excess deaths, particularly in people under 50.

https://x.com/ian_fraser/status/1397...LhmySD2aRt-GNg
    I'm not sure that clip confirms that SAGE, as a body, were ever in favour of herd immunity, it would be news to me if they were. My recollection is that, as shown by the video you linked, Valance, and maybe Whitty, spoke in favour of herd immunity for a short period of possibly as little as two or three days before a decision was made that the number of deaths, as predicted by modelling, was too high and another approach was required. The situation was so fast moving that I'm not sure SAGE would have been able to convene a meeting where all members could agree with what Valance and others were saying for that very short period before the herd mentality approach was abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not sure that clip confirms that SAGE, as a body, were ever in favour of herd immunity, it would be news to me if they were. My recollection is that, as shown by the video you linked, Valance, and maybe Whitty, spoke in favour of herd immunity for a short period of possibly as little as two or three days before a decision was made that the number of deaths, as predicted by modelling, was too high and another approach was required. The situation was so fast moving that I'm not sure SAGE would have been able to convene a meeting where all members could agree with what Valance and others were saying for that very short period before the herd mentality approach was abandoned.
    It wasn’t fast moving , from about two weeks in it was obvious a “case demic” and it was also obvious that the PCR test was set too high which resulted in common symptoms being incorrectly identified as Covid.

Furthermore the PM knew in 2020 (prior to any vaccination rollout) that the average age of a Covid death was higher than the average death rate.

That is probably why Ferguson and Cummings broke the rules very early in to the pandemic and why many people didn’t fall for the “scare the pants off them” narrative.

It wasn’t fast moving , from about two weeks in it was obvious a “case demic” and it was also obvious that the PCR test was set too high which resulted in common symptoms being incorrectly identified as Covid.

Furthermore the PM knew in 2020 (prior to any vaccination rollout) that the average age of a Covid death was higher than the average death rate.

That is probably why Ferguson and Cummings broke the rules very early in to the pandemic and why many people didn’t fall for the “scare the pants off them” narrative.
    If only you had been posting this "obvious" stuff at the time I guess you might have talked some people out of their groupthink. We had to make do with WalesBales spouting nonsense and then contradicting himself every week or so until he took a year's sabbatical.

Who appoints themself as a government deputy?

The very fact the top Government scientists were saying one thing one day and something completely different a couple of days later proves that the situation was fast moving. I guarantee you were thinking something completely different in early March 2020 than you do now.

The very fact the top Government scientists were saying one thing one day and something completely different a couple of days later proves that the situation was fast moving. I guarantee you were thinking something completely different in early March 2020 than you do now.
    I feel the same now as then , give or take a week or so after it first started, especially when I had Covid symptoms in the November prior to the first lockdown, which suggested it was prevalent much sooner.

I feel the same now as then , give or take a week or so after it first started, especially when I had Covid symptoms in the November prior to the first lockdown, which suggested it was prevalent much sooner.
    I’m sure you weren’t.

You and others say it’s no different to flu and yet you’re saying you had it a couple of months before it’s supposed to have arrived in this country, isn’t it more likely you just had the flu?

I’m sure you weren’t.

You and others say it’s no different to flu and yet you’re saying you had it a couple of months before it’s supposed to have arrived in this country, isn’t it more likely you just had the flu?
    Not only had it but bravely made it into work every day so it could spread around it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not only had it but bravely made it into work every day so it could spread around it seems!
    I work from home you ****ing knob

Can’t help yourself butting in and making assertions can you?

If you want to discuss any additional health issues I may or may not have not suffered , PM me bra ….. in the meantime…..

I’m sure you weren’t.

Who knows but the symptoms are identical if that’s the case …. So is the IFR rate ,

I work from home you ****ing knob

Can’t help yourself butting in and making assertions can you?

If you want to discuss any additional health issues I may or may not have not suffered , PM me bra ….. in the meantime…..
    Oops sorry if I triggered your passive aggression.

I was just wondering how someone who had not had a day's sick leave in 35 years caught flu/covid so regularly yet soldiered on, sometimes visiting state of the art environmental facilities in their top of the range high performance car. I thought based on your posts that you were in tip-top condition but if for any reason that is true then you have my sympathies.

Oops sorry if I triggered your passive aggression.

I was just wondering how someone who had not had a day's sick leave in 35 years caught flu/covid so regularly yet soldiered on, sometimes visiting state of the art environmental facilities in their top of the range high performance car. I thought based on your posts that you were in tip-top condition but if for any reason that is true then you have my sympathies.
    You sound really jealous - and yes I still haven’t had a days sick even through a pandemic - whatever I had was mild

Do you want my Facebook account so you can be even more envious?

Imagine being so insecure about a poster on a message board

You sound really jealous - and yes I still haven’t had a days sick even through a pandemic - whatever I had was mild

Do you want my Facebook account so you can be even more envious?

Imagine being so insecure about a poster on a message board
    Yeah go on then, PM me for a laugh

Laugh about what , you’re jealous as **** - it’s hilarious

Laugh about what , you’re jealous as **** - it’s hilarious
    You made an offer, I accepted. No biggie!

You made an offer, I accepted. No biggie!
    Pmd bra

Pmd bra
    Right , you can have it but you must not contravene data protection

Apart from looking an idiot, what does that mean?

Right , you can have it but you must not contravene data protection

Apart from looking an idiot, what does that mean?
    You know what it means bra, and why copy the PM I sent on here?

Weird ****

Rent free my Lord …..