+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Following the science -

Re: Following the science -

Another success for the anti science brigade. Cardiff has the biggest measles outbreak in the UK.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...wsApp_AppShare

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Another success for the anti science brigade. Cardiff has the biggest measles outbreak in the UK.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...wsApp_AppShare

Stop calling Tony Blair anti science-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rmed%20as%20he

https://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/e...air/index.html

I think you’re way behind the facts in many areas, hence why you come out with some very different conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Stop calling Tony Blair anti science-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rmed%20as%20he

https://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/e...air/index.html

I think you’re way behind the facts in many areas, hence why you come out with some very different conclusions
    Hesitate to ask the same question - but did you read these articles?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeh at the time I did it was well known he opposed it and I’ve no reason not to believe he changed his mind regardless of what you think.Even if he did change his mind the fact that he withheld the information speaks volumes doesn’t it especially in his position at the time.

This the same guy who pushed Iraq into war on false claims which resulted in ~4m deaths and displacements - you are trusting him are you

I gave you solid advice earlier, I’d loath to see you hiding behind the sofa.

Let's just do this one step at a time

Could you help me find the bit in those articles where Blair opposed the vaccines?

Let's just do this one step at a time

Could you help me find the bit in those articles where Blair opposed the vaccines?
    Without sounding like I’m repeating myself , I’m not your personal google search engine

This tends to speak volumes - inverted commas , basically as assumption

Blair baby 'has had' MMR jab

The ESRC report demonstrated the high awareness amongst the public of the Leo Blair issue, in spite of it not being the most prominent aspect of the media coverage. In December 2001, during Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons, Tony Blair was asked whether his infant son had been immunised with MMR. Mr Blair declined to answer on the basis that it was a private family matter. The perception in the media was that if Leo had been immunised, Mr Blair would have been happy to say so. His wife, Cherie Blair, had been the subject of media reports highlighting her interest in New Age alternative medicine which contributed to the suspicion that Mr Blair was promoting MMR in public but opting out in private. The impact of this issue on immunisation levels is hard to measure in isolation but uptake certainly fell in the wake of the publicity (Fitzpatrick, 2004).

Note - uptake fell in the wake of publicity - so that in itself suggests he was not actually acting in the public’s best interests- ok bra

Given that the "has had" headline came from a completely different Guardian article than the one he posted. Indeed there are 12 years between them, I think you have your answer!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...23/uk.research

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Given that the "has had" headline came from a completely different Guardian article than the one he posted. Indeed there are 12 years between them, I think you have your answer!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...23/uk.research
    In your opinion, Lardy , sorry CEA , what’s funny though is that if you read an assumed story you agree with it , but if a person with a different opinion posts an assumed story you don’t

In conclusion ( which you have failed to mention) :-

The impact of this issue on immunisation levels is hard to measure in isolation but uptake certainly fell in the wake of the publicity (Fitzpatrick, 2004). There is nothing more to say in response the statement- There appears to be overwhelming evidence that, because of his profile at the time, he may have caused deaths in children (with the reduced uptake)

If you want to defend him then you’re a hypocrite.

Just doing my own research. What's not to like?

Just doing my own research. What's not to like?
    Of course , when it suits ,MH

Without sounding like I’m repeating myself , I’m not your personal google search engine

Hahahahahahaha you do this every single time. You spout utter nonsense, make a claim. Others ask for evidence of your claim, you reply 'google it', we then Google it and find nothing about the drivel you're speaking about.

Of course , when it suits ,MH
    I guess during your extensive research you would have seen that the prime determinant for the MMR take up was the Lancet article that linked it to autism, which was partially retracted in 2004 and fully in 2010. Rates then rose from around 80% peaking at 93% in 2013/14.

Out of interest, given that take up rates were over 90% at the time of your son's stated 2nd birthday did you follow the science or your opinion or would you rather not say whether he "has had" it?

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/res...-and-mothers-1

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Hahahahahahaha you do this every single time. You spout utter nonsense, make a claim. Others ask for evidence of your claim, you reply 'google it', we then Google it and find nothing about the drivel you're speaking about.
    No offence but this is coming from a kid who is too sacred to have kids because of climate change

I bet you have a secret crush of Greta , she a great actress.

I guess during your extensive research you would have seen that the prime determinant for the MMR take up was the Lancet article that linked it to autism, which was partially retracted in 2004 and fully in 2010. Rates then rose from around 80% peaking at 93% in 2013/14.

Out of interest, given that take up rates were over 90% at the time of your son's stated 2nd birthday did you follow the science or your opinion or would you rather not say whether he "has had" it?

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/res...-and-mothers-1
    Just like Tony Blair it’s a personal matter.Why do you press posters on their kids etc ?

Just like Tony Blair it’s a personal matter.Why do you press posters on their kids etc ?
    I think you introduced him to us from memory. Anyway, fully respect your desire to keep things private. I won't intrude anymore on what seems an extremely busy working day for you!

I think you introduced him to us from memory. Anyway, fully respect your desire to keep things private. I won't intrude anymore on what seems an extremely busy working day for you!
    The joys of free Wi-Fi on the Trans Pennine Express and free drinks

The joys of free Wi-Fi on the Trans Pennine Express and free drinks
    Doh, how silly do I look. Still the free drinks bit explains a lot!

Doh, how silly do I look. Still the free drinks bit explains a lot!
    Always a little snide comment …..

Always a little snide comment …..

Absolutely merited as well don’t you think ?

But you just do it as a matter of course - particularly against particular posters. It’s funny as ****. Carry on though it’s entertaining.

I work from home you ****ing knob

Can’t help yourself butting in and making assertions can you?

If you want to discuss any additional health issues I may or may not have not suffered , PM me bra ….. in the meantime…..

It's a great retort, I can see why you use it at least every other day. But it doesn't really fit here, as I'm asking you about two articles that you posted on here. Where in those articles does Blair oppose vaccines?

It's a great retort, I can see why you use it at least every other day. But it doesn't really fit here, as I'm asking you about two articles that you posted on here. Where in those articles does Blair oppose vaccines?
    I’ve already replied bra , did you consider the BBC websites after. I tell you what’s really good about them , anything that’s against the official narrative is usually subjected to moderation, that would be great for you.

I’ve already replied bra , did you consider the BBC websites after. I tell you what’s really good about them , anything that’s against the official narrative is usually subjected to moderation, that would be great for you.
    Snide comment aside, where did you reply? I can't see it in the thread

Just a copy and paste from the article(s) will do to answer my question, nothing strenuous.