+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Tory Leader Before Next Election ?

New Tory Leader Before Next Election ?

Do you think they will ditch Mr. Sunak before the next election
    or that they are so far behind they will let him take the hit and replace him as soon as in opposition ?

I think the Tories have already accepted the lashing, will just accept it
    then dust themselves down and go again!!!.

Re: New Tory Leader Before Next Election ?

He'll take the hit.
    There's no point in any prospective new leader putting themselves forward before the election, as they'll be challenged themselves afterwards.

I am not voting for the xxxxs

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am not voting for the xxxxs
    Shurrup ya big tart

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Shurrup ya big tart
    He has a laminated picture of Rishi on the inside of his closet (secret bromance) just too scared to embrace it.

Unlikely I think. Even if you wanted to remove him (and many in the Tory party probably do) then why would you do it when you are facing a likely defeat in less than a years time?

It's much easier to be in opposition, so if you want a change, wait for him to probably lose, then probably resign and then try to rebuild the party in your image.

I guess the argument against that is that some people who are plotting may be out of jobs themselves if the defeat is to the level the polls currently predict.

Personally I still think the polls will tighten somewhat, mainly as the economy overcomes many of its post covid and post Ukraine issues. We shall see though, I thought they may have tightened a little by now tbh

No chance.

The Tories are going to lose the election and they will lose even more badly if they change leader again. The policies and personalities barely matter any more. The key thing is the public's perception of Tory division, incompetence and failure. More division and yet another brutal leadership election campaign with a bunch of talentless narcissists trying to knife each other won't improve the numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No chance.

The Tories are going to lose the election and they will lose even more badly if they change leader again. The policies and personalities barely matter any more. The key thing is the public's perception of Tory division, incompetence and failure. More division and yet another brutal leadership election campaign with a bunch of talentless narcissists trying to knife each other won't improve the numbers!
    Thinking about it, I think Jons assessment of 'no chance's is actually far closer to the truth than my assessment of 'unlikely'

It ain't gonna happen. Even the emergence of some huge scandal that bought him down..in that case now we would have a General Election, probably with Sam Allardyce in temporary charge of the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Unlikely I think. Even if you wanted to remove him (and many in the Tory party probably do) then why would you do it when you are facing a likely defeat in less than a years time?

It's much easier to be in opposition, so if you want a change, wait for him to probably lose, then probably resign and then try to rebuild the party in your image.

I guess the argument against that is that some people who are plotting may be out of jobs themselves if the defeat is to the level the polls currently predict.

Personally I still think the polls will tighten somewhat, mainly as the economy overcomes many of its post covid and post Ukraine issues. We shall see though, I thought they may have tightened a little by now tbh
    Why, their antics are getting worse? Why would polls have tightened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Why, their antics are getting worse? Why would polls have tightened?
    Well I don't think most people would think they are. And also because the severe economic issues are likely to be better in the next year than over the last

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Shurrup ya big tart
    You must be devastated

It's looking like an absolute kicking

Reform the only alternative for libertarian nutcases like you these days

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No chance.

Or it's just cyclical and Labour's turn, OR people are unhappy with the immigration rates, so the working class Conservative redwall in the North is going to crumble and the traditional vote in the shires won't bother voting as was the case in recent by elections.
    The recent by-elections weren't so much enthusiasm for Starmer's Labour, just uninspired Conservative voters staying home. I think Starmer is going to last 1 term, the papers are going to have a field day with the likes of Angela Reynor in power, although his plan to concrete all over the green belt with house building projects may boost the economy enough short term, giving him a success to boast about on a re election campaign

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Or it's just cyclical and Labour's turn, OR people are unhappy with the immigration rates, so the working class Conservative redwall in the North is going to crumble and the traditional vote in the shires won't bother voting as was the case in recent by elections.
    The recent by-elections weren't so much enthusiasm for Starmer's Labour, just uninspired Conservative voters staying home. I think Starmer is going to last 1 term, the papers are going to have a field day with the likes of Angela Reynor in power, although his plan to concrete all over the green belt with house building projects may boost the economy enough short term, giving him a success to boast about on a re election campaign
    Interesting you talked about the papers. My first thought when reading the headline to this thread was the real Tory ‘leader’ is a media mogul not a politician at all. Back to your point, I also think that most people disregard papers these days, they know they are biased as hell.

Gosh this one's bitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Interesting you talked about the papers. My first thought when reading the headline to this thread was the real Tory ‘leader’ is a media mogul not a politician at all. Back to your point, I also think that most people disregard papers these days, they know they are biased as hell.
    Agreed, once the boomer generation dies out, I think newspapers will cease to exist in their present format, no one will be buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, once the boomer generation dies out, I think newspapers will cease to exist in their present format, no one will be buying them.
    Nobody buys them now

The western mail and echo will stop printing soon surely

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They'll still exist, just move online

So when Gordon Brown apparently killed children and sold our soul to the devil resulting in economic decline and according to the conservatives the end of the world why was it that Cameron and his mob couldn't get a majority and had to team up with the liberals ? 2010 ?

There certainly wasn't much enthusiasm for the conservatives then , even though the current government were shot to bits

All the evidence suggests a far better election for Labour than the tories had in 2010 in opposition ?

I mean suggesting the only reason for a conservative hammering in the by elections results recently was the tory vote staying at home isn't really correct , is it ?

Because that sort of thing happens all the time

Like in 2010