+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is it with the Tories we have

Re: Why is it with the Tories we have

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I can't be having anything to do with these ferrets

Fancy sitting in a cafe having a cuppa with someone who is going to vote for cuts to welfare and social services .....

It's like sleeping with the enemy
    Jesus H Christ - you are such an imbecile 99% of the time

'Is post covid Tory Britain worse than post financial crisis Labour Britain?'

To add to Eric's points above, the state has been so hollowed out between 2010 and 2019 (national government as well as local - see the criminal justice system crisis as one example) that there is little collective resilience to provide a net behind individuals and families who have seen wages fall and costs rise over that period. We have a poorer (for most) and weaker country than pre financial crisis. Some of the causes are beyond the control of any government, but the Cult of Austerity was home grown.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You realise the UK is spending more on welfare than ever before, right?
    That's because of covid and the state of the economy

It's not because you Tories are generous people

This oh yeah we are spending more now than ever doesn't mean anything other than more people are in need , there is more poverty and the cost to the state has increased

It doesn't mean the conservatives are suddenly paying out loads on money to people on the dole

The NHS is costing us more money as the cost of cleaning products , replacement beds , uniforms , computers and everything else is going up

It's not down to the kindness and generosity of the Tories

Jesus wept

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Jesus H Christ - you are such an imbecile 99% of the time
    I am sorry but if you think I spend my time having cosy chats with conservative voters then you better think again

As far as I am concerned chummy conversations with people who vote for welfare cuts , screwing the nurses and doctors and privatising everything is best left to people who have the inclination to do it

If I know someone is a tory then I really don't have much time for them and I certainly wouldn't be meeting them for coffee and a chat

I would have very little in common with them and that's the way it is as far as I am concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    My question is were such draconian austerity measures required and what would have happened if they weren’t implemented?

It seems as though they were never reversed and as a result there have been catastrophic consequences for law and order in society as well as council services.

The lack of police on the streets as well as the rise in tents on city centre streets tell me things haven’t gone well.
    The Tories used the aftermath of a financial crisis to push the strangulation of public services

It was ideological

I think they enjoy it

That's because of covid and the state of the economy

It's not because you Tories are generous people

This oh yeah we are spending more now than ever doesn't mean anything other than more people are in need , there is more poverty and the cost to the state has increased

It doesn't mean the conservatives are suddenly paying out loads on money to people on the dole

The NHS is costing us more money as the cost of cleaning products , replacement beds , uniforms , computers and everything else is going up

It's not down to the kindness and generosity of the Tories

Jesus wept
    Tories spend on welfare - Evil bastards
    Tories don't spend on welfare - Evil bastards.

The reasons are disputable, but the fact is that you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Is post covid Tory Britain worse than post financial crisis Labour Britain?'

To add to Eric's points above, the state has been so hollowed out between 2010 and 2019 (national government as well as local - see the criminal justice system crisis as one example) that there is little collective resilience to provide a net behind individuals and families who have seen wages fall and costs rise over that period. We have a poorer (for most) and weaker country than pre financial crisis. Some of the causes are beyond the control of any government, but the Cult of Austerity was home grown.
    I don't disagree. But remember this was the case in most places. Remember the EUs battle with Greece?

Tories spend on welfare - Evil bastards
    Tories don't spend on welfare - Evil bastards.

The reasons are disputable, but the fact is that you were wrong.
    No it's the fact that the tories are xxxs

I would hope you would understand the difference between costs going up and increasing spend and the lovely Tories deciding to increase spending on mental health or social services because they know they have stripped everything to the bone and if they don't invest they will be run out of town

One is inevitable , costs increase , the other is down to priority or in the case of the Tories, trying to save their arses ....or in your case , your arse

But I was wrong you are a tory and don't understand such basic societal ideas

I really should stop wasting my time , even if you get slabbed at the next election you will still be on here talking to a few daft souls stupid to put up with your PR work for the local conservative association

I am sorry but if you think I spend my time having cosy chats with conservative voters then you better think again

As far as I am concerned chummy conversations with people who vote for welfare cuts , screwing the nurses and doctors and privatising everything is best left to people who have the inclination to do it

If I know someone is a tory then I really don't have much time for them and I certainly wouldn't be meeting them for coffee and a chat

I would have very little in common with them and that's the way it is as far as I am concerned
    Are you sure you only act like an imbecile when in the presence of Tories. How do you explain the rest of your innate ramblings then ?

I know people who vote for all sorts of political partys , I couldn't care less how they vote. Maybe you should try it some day - you may even start to like yourself.

No it's the fact that the tories are xxxs

I would hope you would understand the difference between costs going up and increasing spend and the lovely Tories deciding to increase spending on mental health or social services because they know they have stripped everything to the bone and if they don't invest they will be run out of town

One is inevitable , costs increase , the other is down to priority or in the case of the Tories, trying to save their arses ....or in your case , your arse

But I was wrong you are a tory and don't understand such basic societal ideas

I really should stop wasting my time , even if you get slabbed at the next election you will still be on here talking to a few daft souls stupid to put up with your PR work for the local conservative association
    Such a bigot! I bet you go into hospitals and demand to know a doctor's voting record before he operates on you!

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Are you sure you only act like an imbecile when in the presence of Tories. How do you explain the rest of your innate ramblings then ?

I know people who vote for all sorts of political partys , I couldn't care less how they vote. Maybe you should try it some day - you may even start to like yourself.
    Well you say that you couldn't care less about what party people vote for but that's nonsense and you are clearly lying

Some people are not interested in politics and that's fine, I know people like that

But you and the Tories on here spend plenty of time having a go at people of a left of centre view so you might think you can kid some people but you certainly don't fool me

I can't think of anything worse than sitting in a pub or cafe talking about the shocking state of public services with a tory voter who has helped bring it all about

This may be a difficult concept for you and maybe we could all go and have a jolly good game of rugger and a few beers but I am not interested

Sorry but that's the way it is

Such a bigot! I bet you go into hospitals and demand to know a doctor's voting record before he operates on you!
    I know that the vast vast majority of doctors and nurses don't vote Tory so I am happy to take my chances thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    It's O. K TOBW, you don't have to pretend, early retirement and your top up state pension is safe, life's good isn't it?. On my way to work to pay in some more contributions towards your early retirement I'm not bitter, happy to help ��
    Perhaps if you’d have got/get yourself a better job, save/saved more and didn't/don’t frit away your money, you could retire early as well.

Two protesters were “reasonable” in calling Iain Duncan Smith “Tory scum” outside the Conservative party conference, the high court has ruled, in a rejection of an attempt to overturn their acquittal.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...le-court-rules

Now let's all carry on behaving reasonably lads and lasses.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Two protesters were “reasonable” in calling Iain Duncan Smith “Tory scum” outside the Conservative party conference, the high court has ruled, in a rejection of an attempt to overturn their acquittal.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...le-court-rules

Now let's all carry on behaving reasonably lads and lasses.
    Oh would be ridiculous if that was illegal. Everyone has a right to behave like a child sometimes!

If you are backing the tories today you equate to the toothless maga morons that think that Dump is still president and that JFK is still alive. You live to line the pockets of the rich and take away from the poor. It's very simple

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Perhaps if you’d have got/get yourself a better job, save/saved more and didn't/don’t frit away your money, you could retire early as well.
    Couldn't agree more, gutted I never went down the civil service path 👍

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If you are backing the tories today you equate to the toothless maga morons that think that Dump is still president and that JFK is still alive. You live to line the pockets of the rich and take away from the poor. It's very simple
    I could never ever vote for labour in local elections. Sounds to me if plenty of anti tory rhetoric on here is from people who could have done better in school or are just being bitter about people who have done better than where they started out. Most tory supporters I know are not snobs but working class people who have worked hard to achieve their goals.

It’s sad that you have to play down your own achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Couldn't agree more, gutted I never went down the civil service path 👍
    Perhaps you should have joined a union and fought for a better pension. Never mind just keep working until you’re 80.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I could never ever vote for labour in local elections. Sounds to me if plenty of anti tory rhetoric on here is from people who could have done better in school or are just being bitter about people who have done better than where they started out. Most tory supporters I know are not snobs but working class people who have worked hard to achieve their goals.

Absolute bollox. I did very well in school and have a very well paid job. I despise this Tory government. Never felt this way about a government ever in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    So said on the day that the minimum wage rose by a record amount.

You sound like a religious preacher

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67484102

Perhaps you should have joined a union and fought for a better pension. Never mind just keep working until you’re 80.
    Agreed.

Absolute bollox. I did very well in school and have a very well paid job. I despise this Tory government. Never felt this way about a government ever in my lifetime.
    Just because you think it’s bollox doesn’t mean it isn’t true for many people who I know.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

That’s one hell of an assumption- lol.

Well you say that you couldn't care less about what party people vote for but that's nonsense and you are clearly lying

Some people are not interested in politics and that's fine, I know people like that

But you and the Tories on here spend plenty of time having a go at people of a left of centre view so you might think you can kid some people but you certainly don't fool me

I can't think of anything worse than sitting in a pub or cafe talking about the shocking state of public services with a tory voter who has helped bring it all about

This may be a difficult concept for you and maybe we could all go and have a jolly good game of rugger and a few beers but I am not interested

Sorry but that's the way it is
    Take out the word Tory and insert Muslim, Jew, Black, Pakistani, English, and that sums up your overall attitude to life in general. Either people have to agree with you or they are blah blah blah.

Sorry - but that is the way you are.