+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 TURKEY. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 TURKEY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It sends the message that 3 wins in 16 competetiv games, 2 of those against Latvia, is completely unacceptable.

We might as well put Dai Hunt in charge for the play offs, he couldn’t do any worse
    100% spot on again. Why are we being held ransom by this bumbling buffoon. Support the team not the bloody inept manager

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Remember the highlights shown last night were quickly put together ready for broadcast within 45mins of the final whistle. They wouldn't have the time to revisit and change at short notice what theyd included or didn't include.
    For what it's worth I thought Harry Wilson went down a bit theatrically which may have Influenced the refs decision.
    What I saw was only brief and the only pen shout shown was Johnson being run into. I didn't think that was a penalty he didn't even have the ball under control as he was too busy trying to win a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    What I saw was only brief and the only pen shout shown was Johnson being run into. I didn't think that was a penalty he didn't even have the ball under control as he was too busy trying to win a penalty
    Did the player win the ball or even try? Would have been a foul anywhere else?

I think most people can accept that not being a pen until the one conceded.

A player doesn’t even have to have the ball, let alone under control, in a penalty incident, a foul is a foul regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A player doesn’t even have to have the ball, let alone under control, in a penalty incident, a foul is a foul regardless.
    Yep and the player clearly caught Johnson with his foot catching him..Johnson was also shoved in the box by a player who had no chance of winning the ball. If they weren't pens then the slight contact by Davies on their player certainly wasn't either.
    It was a decent performance and with a competent ref we would have won.

What highlights did you watch? The BBC ones showed all three penalty shouts - I can understand the first two being turned down, but the third one is a stonewall pen, especially when you see what was deemed to be one in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly. You cant just barge through the back of someone without touching the ball yourself.

Anyone remember a few seasons back at The Hawthorns? The ball had been cleared by West Brom and was somewhere near the dug outs but the ref spotted their ‘keeper giving Chopra a dig. Gave a pen immediately, the ball was 50 yards away. All this ‘Ah well it’s not a pen because he’d lost the ball or the chance had gone’ is a load of bollocks.