+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 TURKEY. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 TURKEY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Turkey sacked their manger in September after an embarrassing home draw against Armenia and finish top. We get stuffed twice by Armenia, finishing 3rd.and we are happy to carry on regardless.
    The FAW are skint

If so then they'll be even more skint if we don't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    If so then they'll be even more skint if we don't qualify.
    That's far from guaranteed if we sack Page, either.

Page is getting a lot of flak, justifiably but some of the players have really let themselves down, too. I don't think Page is the answer but I don't think sacking him is a quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    BBC Wales is feck in shocking and so amateur

" Wales score an early goal but it isn't enough to win them promotion "

Have they got no script editors ?

Wtf

Seriously though, it's not like someone's grandma did that. It was done by a so-called professional. With access to the internet.

If Page somehow gets us through the playoff he'll stay. If he doesn't I can see him going under some mutual agreement, that he thinks he's taken the squad as far as he can. He'll get a negotiated settlement.
    For financial reasons I can't see him being sacked and having his contract fully paid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The FAW are skint
    I don't understand why though?

We've qualified for 3 tournaments in the last 7 years and we regularly sell out our home games. And even though it's a 4 year contract, I'd be shocked (and appalled) if Page was on a big salary.

I think if Page loses in the play offs he goes. And it wouldn't be an unpopular decision, he's a pub league manager.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

We've qualified for 3 tournaments in the last 7 years and we regularly sell out our home games. And even though it's a 4 year contract, I'd be shocked (and appalled) if Page was on a big salary.

I think if Page loses in the play offs he goes. And it wouldn't be an unpopular decision, he's a pub league manager.
    He’s talking bollocks, they have more funds now than they’ve ever had after the last 7 yrs of success

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's far from guaranteed if we sack Page, either.

Page is getting a lot of flak, justifiably but some of the players have really let themselves down, too. I don't think Page is the answer but I don't think sacking him is a quick fix.
    Apart from Osian Roberts are there any other candidates?

Page limitations were shown again last night. Too slow to react or counter the opposing teams change of shape, decision making in taking Wilson off is mystifying.

I've said it before, he appears a great bloke but far too nice and limited.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Nation.cymru says we have to play three teams in the play offs
    "Wales go into the March play-offs where a home semi-final against Finland, Iceland and Ukraine awaits."
    sums up what a piece of crap nation cymru is

Close but not quite enough there.

Some matches you can point to page, others we just simply lack enough quality.

We had plenty of these tight matches during our successful years. Difference is we had bale to pop up and be the difference.

Definitely think a better manager could set us up better in certain matches and I'm not sure what qualified him getting the job longer term but I think play offs is ultimately where this team should be so he should see them out.

Our players last night,(against Turkey) looked as though they had met for the first time half hour before kick off !

Wrong runs, inter passing really poor, I thought they would really kick on after that Croatia display, but they seem to have gone backwards

This might have been asked and answered already but was VAR in operation last night?

It wouldn’t have made any difference due to Croatia winning, but with the ref’s decision making being so erratic, especially on the penalty decisions, I presumed that VAR would step in.

There was no evidence on VAR in the ground. Hence my question. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This might have been asked and answered already but was VAR in operation last night?

It wouldn’t have made any difference due to Croatia winning, but with the ref’s decision making being so erratic, especially on the penalty decisions, I presumed that VAR would step in.

I wondered the same thing. TOBWs report suggests it was but, like you, saw no evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I wondered the same thing. TOBWs report suggests it was but, like you, saw no evidence of it.
    Perplexing……

I enjoyed that match, despite the result.

We looked pretty good at times, Jordan James is a great addition to the midfield and Harry Wilson is a baller. Brennan Johnson has more needle about him than I previously thought too

Was entertaining though, Turkey and the Ref both played the pantomime villain parts well.
    Probably wouldn't be saying that though if the dropped points had made any difference though

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

I’m not necessarily backing Page to stay on after 2024 but your second and last sentence doesn’t seem to stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Radio Wales seemed to think it was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

We looked pretty good at times, Jordan James is a great addition to the midfield and Harry Wilson is a baller. Brennan Johnson has more needle about him than I previously thought too

Was entertaining though, Turkey and the Ref both played the pantomime villain parts well.
    Probably wouldn't be saying that though if the dropped points had made any difference though
    The fans should have been on the pitch if there was something on it.

Absolutely disgusting refereeing.

Just watched highlights and didn't think we deserved a penalty at all. Only one made the highlights so the other two must have been really weak.Theirs was very very soft though and such stupid defending allowing him to make that decision

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Thought we made a supposedly good Turkish team look very average first half….no doubt they had to improve though, helped no end by their 12th man who waved away a few blatant penalties. Easily been 2 up at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Just watched highlights and didn't think we deserved a penalty at all. Only one made the highlights so the other two must have been really weak.Theirs was very very soft though and such stupid defending allowing him to make that decision
    I have no idea how you've come to the conclusion. There are two stone wall penalties for Wales there.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Remember the highlights shown last night were quickly put together ready for broadcast within 45mins of the final whistle. They wouldn't have the time to revisit and change at short notice what theyd included or didn't include.
    For what it's worth I thought Harry Wilson went down a bit theatrically which may have Influenced the refs decision.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He’s talking bollocks, they have more funds now than they’ve ever had after the last 7 yrs of success
    I'm not, they've posted losses recently. That's why they want to increase ticket prices but obvious I bow to your better knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Apart from Osian Roberts are there any other candidates?

Page limitations were shown again last night. Too slow to react or counter the opposing teams change of shape, decision making in taking Wilson off is mystifying.

I've said it before, he appears a great bloke but far too nice and limited.
    Page often gets us off to a good start, then the opposition changes it and he's ****ed as he doesn't know how to change things on the fly. Denmark in 2021, or last night are two prime examples.

Wilson is undroppable, he's probably one of a handful that are.

Looking back the group was there for the taking, Croatia aren’t what they were, Turkey looked very average. It was a poor group, we aren’t the best big Page is holding us back.

What happened with Giggs court case? I’d have him back in a second. Nathan Jones? Not a fan but surely a step up?