+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley kicked out of FA Cup. Horsham are back in

Barnsley kicked out of FA Cup. Horsham are back in

Barnsley have been kicked out of this season’s FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player in their first-round replay win at Horsham, who have been reinstated to the competition.

The Tykes, held 3-3 in a dramatic first game at Oakwell, won the replay 3-0 against the Isthmian Premier League side but will now be replaced for the round two trip to Sutton United by the non-leaguers.

“An administrative error was brought to our attention regarding the eligibility of a player who played in last Tuesday’s game with Horsham FC,” read a statement from the League One side. “The club has fully cooperated with the investigation and has accepted the FA’s decision. We have been in contact with Horsham FC and would like to thank the club and chairman for their understanding and cooperation throughout this process.

“We would like to apologise to our fans, players and staff for this regrettable error. This mistake – although unintentional – falls way below the high standards we set at this club and is simply not what you deserve. We have already conducted a full internal investigation and have subsequently put safeguards in place to ensure this will never happen again.”

The Horsham chairman Kevin Borrett added: “Barnsley chairman Neerav Parekh contacted me on Friday to make the club aware of the administrative error and FA consideration of the matter. I understand the immense disappointment that this decision by the FA would be to both Barnsley and its supporters. On behalf of HFC, I wish Barnsley every success in their pursuit of promotion back to the Championship.”

Re: Barnsley kicked out of FA Cup. Horsham are back in

Wow!

I thought that fielding an illegible player only happened at parks level.

A very expensive administrative error!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Barnsley have been kicked out of this season’s FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player in their first-round replay win at Horsham, who have been reinstated to the competition.

The Tykes, held 3-3 in a dramatic first game at Oakwell, won the replay 3-0 against the Isthmian Premier League side but will now be replaced for the round two trip to Sutton United by the non-leaguers.

“An administrative error was brought to our attention regarding the eligibility of a player who played in last Tuesday’s game with Horsham FC,” read a statement from the League One side. “The club has fully cooperated with the investigation and has accepted the FA’s decision. We have been in contact with Horsham FC and would like to thank the club and chairman for their understanding and cooperation throughout this process.

“We would like to apologise to our fans, players and staff for this regrettable error. This mistake – although unintentional – falls way below the high standards we set at this club and is simply not what you deserve. We have already conducted a full internal investigation and have subsequently put safeguards in place to ensure this will never happen again.”

The Horsham chairman Kevin Borrett added: “Barnsley chairman Neerav Parekh contacted me on Friday to make the club aware of the administrative error and FA consideration of the matter. I understand the immense disappointment that this decision by the FA would be to both Barnsley and its supporters. On behalf of HFC, I wish Barnsley every success in their pursuit of promotion back to the Championship.”
    If only possibly serious financial malpractice and activity by the big clubs was similarly punished

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If only possibly serious financial malpractice and activity by the big clubs was similarly punished
    Barnsley are a massive club in comparison to Horsham.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Even in Tier form, its huge 3rd V 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe so but I am talking about the fecking huge clubs

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its not financial malpractice. When has a huge team ever been let off fielding an ineligible player in cup? I'll wait.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Its not financial malpractice. When has a huge team ever been let off fielding an ineligible player in cup? I'll wait.
    Russia???

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Russia???
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    ?
    0-1 play off game at the rugby ground.