+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Used car prices seem to be coming down, anyone in the know?

International

Used car prices seem to be coming down, anyone in the know?

it might be seasonal, but the prices seemed to have dropped quite a bit over the lat few months, but part ex and selling through Motorway or Autotrader have also dropped.

Are they moving down or is it just a Christmas time no one is buying situation?

Re: Used car prices seem to be coming down, anyone in the know?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    it might be seasonal, but the prices seemed to have dropped quite a bit over the lat few months, but part ex and selling through Motorway or Autotrader have also dropped.

Are they moving down or is it just a Christmas time no one is buying situation?
    I'm still looking at getting a car, I had a we buy any car price a few weeks ago, didn't go through with it, had a few emails from them tempting me to sell, the latest email last week they increased the value slightly, due to commuting change circumstances I'm unsure now if to get new car again or buy something 2 or 3 years old.

I work with a used car dealer, and have done for about 10 years. Prices are definitely coming down. December is usually a very good time to buy as it’s quiet in the market, but prices have been dropping for a good month or so now.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I work with a used car dealer, and have done for about 10 years. Prices are definitely coming down. December is usually a very good time to buy as it’s quiet in the market, but prices have been dropping for a good month or so now.
    Pleased to hear this as panicking about my MOT in Feb.

I've been hoping it would happen as the world is making far more new cars again now after covid

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Pleased to hear this as panicking about my MOT in Feb.

I've been hoping it would happen as the world is making far more new cars again now after covid
    That could well be what is “driving” it. The demand around covid and since has been very high especially for nearly new. Unfortunately the cost of parts has gone up, fingers crossed for your mot

International

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Cheers for that I just bought, the trader auction price at Motorway was down but the newer car I bought was a lot less than they were in August when I started looking so I ended up paying a lot less for the switch

Let's hope the trend continues, do you think it will?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I'm still looking at getting a car, I had a we buy any car price a few weeks ago, didn't go through with it, had a few emails from them tempting me to sell, the latest email last week they increased the value slightly, due to commuting change circumstances I'm unsure now if to get new car again or buy something 2 or 3 years old.
    Motorway will pay a lot more than WBAC.

Used cars are still more expensive than they were, 4 year old cars are the price that 2-year-old cars were before Covid, but it's good there is the start of a price correction.