+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh railway bosses admit they have traditionally focused more on rugby

Welsh railway bosses admit they have traditionally focused more on rugby

Apology for Wales football fans over post-match rail delays https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-67496716

Re: Welsh railway bosses admit they have traditionally focused more on rugby

Seeing as the Welsh Government wants us to ditch our cars the provision for midweek city games is pretty poor anyway. I normally take the car for midweek games as too often there is inadequate provision for the valley lines.

Surely it's no rocket science to lay on a few extra trains from Grangetown or Central

The network was basically built for wealth extraction, with all the wealth going to london.

Same with the railways the British government built in India - to extract the countries wealth.

Its ridiculous. The network copes with broken down trains or cancelled services and corrects itself, so it clearly could lay on some extra services or carriages, that people would pay for remember! These games are known many weeks or months in advance.

It just goes to show the sustainabilty push is often more words than actions.

That said..I do regularly get the train from Grangetown on Saturday games and I think its a decent service.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Just a thought.

Why aren’t trains required to keep to the 20 mph speed limit?

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Just a thought.

Why aren’t trains required to keep to the 20 mph speed limit?
    Because they're so knackered they can't go that fast up the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The network was basically built for wealth extraction, with all the wealth going to london.

Same with the railways the British government built in India - to extract the countries wealth.
    Nothing wrong with a business led approach, providing wealth trickles down which it has.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a business led approach, providing wealth trickles down which it has.
    And Wales gets the final drop wrung out of the stinking flannel.

Is that your view as a conservative or a general opinion you agree with ?

The problem with your statement of fact is included within it

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Apology for Wales football fans over post-match rail delays https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-67496716
    Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is that your view as a conservative or a general opinion you agree with ?

The problem with your statement of fact is included within it
    It's just a fact, whether i agree with it or not.

When and where has the wealth "trickled down"? I would have thought that the austerity years have proved the opposite applies, I suppose pensioners haven't done too badly, but all that's happened there is that they've kept pace with inflation while the large majority of the working population have not.

As for the real subject of this thread, what a shocking admission to make, even though most knew about it already.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When and where has the wealth "trickled down"? I would have thought that the austerity years have proved the opposite applies, I suppose pensioners haven't done too badly, but all that's happened there is that they've kept pace with inflation while the large majority of the working population have not.

As for the real subject of this thread, what a shocking admission to make, even though most knew about it already.
    I suppose the trickle down argument was won during the cold war. Soviet Union living standards were far lower than the capitalist nations. I'm not some raving capitalist but those countries do seem to produce good overall living standards for everyone.

I suppose the trickle down argument was won during the cold war. Soviet Union living standards were far lower than the capitalist nations. I'm not some raving capitalist but those countries do seem to produce good overall living standards for everyone.
    For everyone? That’s a statement.

Wealth trickles down is the biggest pile of muck. It doesn’t happen, ever. It is easily debunked.

its a state run railway, what does anyone expect? WG controls the airport (shite) and the trains (shite) and its getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    its a state run railway, what does anyone expect? WG controls the airport (shite) and the trains (shite) and its getting worse.
    Did you expect all the problems to be sorted overnight? There's a long term plan which will take a few more years yet. It's vital work. Things couldn't have carried on as they were with ATW.

I’ve always found it daft the Coryton/Radyr train is usually only a single carriage.

After the first few stops it’s standing room only and the guard can’t collect or check tickets. They must be missing out on a good few grand every matchday. From a financial perspective surely they can hook up a spare carriage and rota in an extra member of staff on a matchday?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice that 95% of my journeys to Ninian Park in the last 2 decades have been free

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wealth trickles down is the biggest pile of muck. It doesn’t happen, ever. It is easily debunked.
    Tbf I have recently heard a critique of trickle down economics but it was on a left wing programme. Completely biased so i wasn't entirely convinced

Tbf I have recently heard a critique of trickle down economics but it was on a left wing programme. Completely biased so i wasn't entirely convinced
    But because you've heard it on a right wing platform, you are convinced?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nah, I'm more convinced by looking at the living standards of the old Soviet Union, compared to their counterparts across the globe

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

absolutely correct

There is a valid argument that if the wealth was spread more evenly, the there would be no need for “trickling down”
    There is also a counter argument, that the more wealth you share, the more certain folk would still fritter it away wastefully and soon be struggling again.

Trickle down economics has been used by most of the west in the last 30/40 years. The rich have got richer and the poor have got poorer. Giving tax cuts to the rich and privatising public services is a terrible, terrible idea unless you’re extremely rich to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    mid week train to Cwmbran 21 55 next train 00 23
    Whether or Not your on the right wing left wing up front in goal They dont give a **** about football.