+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier Quality Cross And Header By City

Premier Quality Cross And Header By City

If that cross by Wintle and power header by Ugbo had been on match of the day they would have been having orgasms on the sofa

Sometimes we need to realise that

Re: Premier Quality Cross And Header By City

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If that cross by Wintle and power header by Ugbo had been on match of the day they would have been having orgasms on the sofa

Sometimes we need to realise that
    If we'd conceded that we'd have been asking questions of Goutas and McGuiness

The amount of space Ugbo was in was criminal from Preston’s point of view. Being a man short had no bearing whatsoever, it was just shite positioning by them. He took it so well though, there’s been many a f*ck up by a player unmarked with space and time. Well done Ugbo, you kept your head and used it to perfection.

Clever play, he seemed to arrive from behind them whilst staying onside.

One thing Ugbo is good at is finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The amount of space Ugbo was in was criminal from Preston’s point of view. Being a man short had no bearing whatsoever, it was just shite positioning by them. He took it so well though, there’s been many a f*ck up by a player unmarked with space and time. Well done Ugbo, you kept your head and used it to perfection.
    Two Preston Defenders ball watching. Ugbo peeled off, great header, great cross. I feel a bit sorry for Preston, those players were ****ed, focus and concentration was probably at a minimum.

Fabulous moments for our away fans

It could be argued that they could have done better closing down Wintle too but we were camped in their final third for a good 15 to 20 minutes and they were out on their feet.

I think the winner though was made to look simple by both Wintle and Ugbo because essentially it was.

One had time to set up the pass and deliver it onto the oncoming teammate's noggin, the other hung out before making his run watching the ball all the way before picking his spot with the header.

That is not to take away from their skill and patience in its execution but both players were fresh physically and mentally.
    Their teammates frustratingly tried and probed and their introduction made the difference.

As an aside, EB has taken some stick in recent weeks (at times justified IMHO) for his substitutions but he deserves credit here.
    I welcome the fact that he isn't afraid to try something different which can't be said about some of our recent managers.

It was a nice cross and finish. I don't really see anything "Premier League" about it though. It was well executed but poorly defended, and all in all a pretty basic football move. Something you'd expect to see throughout the divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was a nice cross and finish. I don't really see anything "Premier League" about it though. It was well executed but poorly defended, and all in all a pretty basic football move. Something you'd expect to see throughout the divisions.
    Well that's a surprise

I think a quality cross and header is the most classic of goals

Pace of delivery , movement , timing , power , direction

I thought moores header up at Blackpool was another classic

https://youtu.be/rSwdswoYdKM?si=NVxukPYOu7soh3rZ

Love goals like this

Superb cross , timing , get in there

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Quite right, you see good crosses and headed goals at virtually all levels of football. If anything they're becoming more of a rarity as crosses seem to belong to a bygone era. When teams get the ball out wide they often try and get to the dead ball line to pull it back, or put a low ball into the box and look to keep posession.

As far as crosses and headed goals are concerned, I doubt much will beat Vokes's header against Belgium. Now that was quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite right, you see good crosses and headed goals at virtually all levels of football. If anything they're becoming more of a rarity as crosses seem to belong to a bygone era. When teams get the ball out wide they often try and get to the dead ball line to pull it back, or put a low ball into the box and look to keep posession.

As far as crosses and headed goals are concerned, I doubt much will beat Vokes's header against Belgium. Now that was quality.
    I can beat that

Willie Bolands superb by line cross for Thorney to rise like a salmon and power a belter into the Bristol City net

World class

I can beat that

Willie Bolands superb by line cross for Thorney to rise like a salmon and power a belter into the Bristol City net

World class
    Good shout. First time in 2 seasons Boland found a team mate with a pass!

https://youtu.be/rSwdswoYdKM?si=NVxukPYOu7soh3rZ

Love goals like this

Superb cross , timing , get in there
    that Moore bloke looks quite useful

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good shout. First time in 2 seasons Boland found a team mate with a pass!
    Don't come that with me

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    that Moore bloke looks quite useful
    Sign him up