+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

Re: New Cardiff indoor musical arena

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And that's what I can't understand. If several people tell me I'm wrong, I'll think about whatever it is and reevaluate. Everyone could prove Sludge was wrong but he won't have any of it.
    No you don't

You always talk cobblers about nationalism

People would vote in big numbers for it if you were right

But they don't

Get back in your box

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another thread where he’s saying the opposite to everyone else but everyone else is wrong and he’s right. Mentalist. He’s like a Harry Enfield character.

It must be exhausting being him.
    No I am definitely right that putting this arena at the bottom of the already choking A4232 will cause further heavy congestion

Where's that artery ?

Maybe you know , tuerto has got shell shock

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Exactly. we keep being told to use more public transport and not rely on cars, and then they build the things we want to visit in locations with no public transport links.

Today paul weller announced his tour next year, nearest venue is the ICC in Newport. Maybe Drakeford and his cronies can explain how i get there and back from Barry using public transport!
    Well they won't be told on here

I have wondered what that ICC venue is like

I think the Arena is a good thing despite the hassle it will cause me in terms of traffic etc. Having said that I can't think of any bands or artists who would fill a 15,000 seater venue that I'd want to see. Almost all my gigs are at small venues with the occasional mega gig at the Castle or Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think the Arena is a good thing despite the hassle it will cause me in terms of traffic etc. Having said that I can't think of any bands or artists who would fill a 15,000 seater venue that I'd want to see. Almost all my gigs are at small venues with the occasional mega gig at the Castle or Bay.
    It's going to hard work getting out of Atlantic wharf onto the link road

I prefer bands that play venues of say 3000 and the Swansea arena , in Cardiff , would be perfect

But some of the bigger touring bands I like such as tool , mastodon and some of what in my opinion is daft stuff but popular nonetheless.....Mrs browns boys , steps , strictly come dancing needs a bigger venue

Good thing Cardiff has such excellent transport links. 15,000 people stuck in the Bay at lights out. No parking, trains have stopped, no busses....

Sludge’s agenda is maintaining that every city in the UK is bigger, better, more organised, served better with traffic systems etc etc than Cardiff......and, let’s be honest, he should know because he’s lived in nigh on every one of them and meticulously gone through every rail route, road route etc in and out of every venue, sports arena, city centre.......

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sludge’s agenda is maintaining that every city in the UK is bigger, better, more organised, served better with traffic systems etc etc than Cardiff......and, let’s be honest, he should know because he’s lived in nigh on every one of them and meticulously gone through every rail route, road route etc in and out of every venue, sports arena, city centre.......
    Yep, he's always had a massive hard on for doing the city down. Might be a Cardiff City fan but no fan of Cardiff itself, constantly rude about the place.

Rather more hospitals, ambulances and police

And funding for small music independently run music bars .

Up the WAG reveloution commercial take rather than independent growth opportunities for Welsh folk.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rather more hospitals, ambulances and police
    There is public money going into it but much of it is privately funded. They're unlikely to pay for more ambulances.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Yep, he's always had a massive hard on for doing the city down. Might be a Cardiff City fan but no fan of Cardiff itself, constantly rude about the place.
    That's bollocks

It does make me have a wry grin hearing all the ott stuff about the place though

I think if you can praise where its due and comment and criticise then that's fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Let's be honest here a lot of locals get a bloody nose through excitement when they go to Barry Island

It's a local shop , for local people

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Where's that artery ?
    More of a thrombotic vein, praps?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    More of a thrombotic vein, praps?
    By pass needed

Quite literally

By pass needed

Quite literally
    If you knew the area, you'd know a by-pass was impractical....which rather punctures the come-back

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If you knew the area, you'd know a by-pass was impractical....which rather punctures the come-back
    I have no idea what area is being talked about

Tuerto said he lived near a major artery into Cardiff so I asked him which one

But he didn't tell me

It could be anywhere

International

I have no idea what area is being talked about

Tuerto said he lived near a major artery into Cardiff so I asked him which one

But he didn't tell me

It could be anywhere
    It couldn't be in blackpool

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It couldn't be in blackpool
    It might be , he could have moved