+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert Page quote.

Robert Page quote.

"The form we're in at the minute and the Red Wall (Wales' supporters) at home, we'll take anyone on in Cardiff.

But Robert, taking them is not enough - we have to beat them��

Re: Robert Page quote.

He’s delusional. He’s going to dine off that Croatia victory for some time. Hopefully the big wigs at the FAW can look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s delusional. He’s going to dine off that Croatia victory for some time. Hopefully the big wigs at the FAW can look at the bigger picture.
    Poor old Page with you on his back

Got to go back to the end of the Bale& Allen era for back to back wins (one was Eastinia though)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    "The form we're in at the minute and the Red Wall (Wales' supporters) at home, we'll take anyone on in Cardiff.

But Robert, taking them is not enough - we have to beat them��
    Did he say that this week?

Good form? We've played 16 competitive games since beating Ukraine and won 3 of them. We have 5 wins in our last 20 internationals and that includes 2 wins over Latvia and a win against Gibraltar. One good result doesn't mean we're in good form

The question is was this quote from this morning ?

Anyone else think it's just a case that Wales peaked in Euro 2016, have had some great years since but not quite at that zenith, and that with the players we've lost, we've not been able to replace some of them, which is understandable for a country of our size.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Anyone else think it's just a case that Wales peaked in Euro 2016, have had some great years since but not quite at that zenith, and that with the players we've lost, we've not been able to replace some of them, which is understandable for a country of our size.
    I'm just happy that we don't get battered anymore. I'm not big into Wales, but do enjoy watching them, and i can't really remember the last time we played a match where we weren't competitive, even when we lost. Although i'm prepared to be corrected on that as i'm a casual when it comes to Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm just happy that we don't get battered anymore. I'm not big into Wales, but do enjoy watching them, and i can't really remember the last time we played a match where we weren't competitive, even when we lost. Although i'm prepared to be corrected on that as i'm a casual when it comes to Wales.
    England in Qatar springs to mind. The last campaign hinged on two stupid red cards in June. The first when Moore stupidly kicked the Armenian keeper when we were coming back from 3-2 down with a bit of a head of steam and Morrell in Turkey when we were beginning to get on the front foot. Otherwise I generally agree but it was a weak group ripe for qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes absolutely

While it would be unfair on some talented and hardworking men to call us a one-man-team, Gareth Bale was obviously the heart and soul of the side so much so, that just having him in the squad made a difference. His absence along with the new generation of talent not quite living up to expectations has been a major setback. However, I do think we have a decent nucleus and we should be achieving more in the qualifying groups, especially with the new tournament formats. Rob Page may be a nice bloke and popular with the players, but I just don't think he's up to the job.

Should still be comfortably beating sides like Armenia and Latvia, Page is a rubbish manager. You can agree we don't have the team of 2016 while still watching Page make the wrong subs and get exposed after half time game after game and think we can do a lot better.

Yes