+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Climate fanatics - where are you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Climate fanatics - where are you

UK National Grid is activating its "blackout prevention scheme" amid current cold snap

what's all this all about

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    UK National Grid is activating its "blackout prevention scheme" amid current cold snap

what's all this all about
    It's about saving energy for 90 minutes on a wednesday evening, apparently (Cue jokes about city players and midweek games) It isn't really difficult Mozz, unless everything has to have a different meaning, an ulterior motive etc. I'm sure you and the merry band of brothers will concoct something

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's about saving energy for 90 minutes on a wednesday evening, apparently (Cue jokes about city players and midweek games) It isn't really difficult Mozz, unless everything has to have a different meaning, an ulterior motive etc. I'm sure you and the merry band of brothers will concoct something
    well i,ve never heard that phrase before and find it a little odd about saving energy when we;re not even into proper winter yet

can't remember anything like this in the past few years . what if we have a proper harsh winter i guess we will be doing this every week !!

just checked out a news bulletin looks like its only people with smart meters

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well i,ve never heard that phrase before and find it a little odd about saving energy when we;re not even into proper winter yet

can't remember anything like this in the past few years . what if we have a proper harsh winter i guess we will be doing this every week !!

just checked out a news bulletin looks like its only people with smart meters
    It's energy Mozz, not just the heating. The times are early evening, so i'm guessing that there's a big demand at that time of the day. So maybe boil the kettle once instead of twice. That sort of stuff. I would have thought that it's as much about as controlling the supply as well. I don't really care that much about it, but you do like the old 'dark forces' thing, god knows why, maybe you like a bit of extra drama in your life