+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Climate fanatics - where are you

Re: Climate fanatics - where are you

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Stevo said he could do with a laugh, always happy to oblige

Whilst nobody here on ccmb can prove or disprove the heliocentric model I think it’s fair to say that astrophysicists can. Unless you’re hypothesising that’s it’s all one big conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Whilst nobody here on ccmb can prove or disprove the heliocentric model I think it’s fair to say that astrophysicists can. Unless you’re hypothesising that’s it’s all one big conspiracy?
    If centuries of Biology can be proved incorrect regarding there being only two genders, other branches of science can be wrong also.

Not that I think it is wrong…just saying, like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    If centuries of Biology can be proved incorrect regarding there being only two genders, other branches of science can be wrong also.

Not that I think it is wrong…just saying, like.
    Why would you use biology to determine the number of genders?

Biology is really useful for understanding sex.

For gender I reckon sociology or psychology are the sciences you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Whichever field of science,gender comes under…conventional wisdom has certainly changed since the relatively short time ago that I was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Whichever field of science,gender comes under…conventional wisdom has certainly changed since the relatively short time ago that I was in school.
    True - the tabloids back then got their knickers in a twist about sexual orientation and now do the same for gender identity.

What hasn’t changed (apart from the level of noise) is a consistent conflation of sex with gender.

When I was at school no one understood or thought about gender. I think we have moved on from ignorance to confusion.

Flippin' 'eck mate, we actually agree about something. Trust the science!

so lets get back on track

whilst the legacy media are telling us the year 2023 was the hottest on record India plans to double its coal production by 2030 and add 88 GW of mostly coal-fired thermal power plants

i guess they wont be held to scrutiny as no doubt like China they are introducing green measures to soften the blow

if not i guess rjk will inform us how India's plans to be net zero by 2035 !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

whilst the legacy media are telling us the year 2023 was the hottest on record India plans to double its coal production by 2030 and add 88 GW of mostly coal-fired thermal power plants

i guess they wont be held to scrutiny as no doubt like China they are introducing green measures to soften the blow

India plans to meet net zero by 2070, and I think but their current emissions per capita are lower than more than half of other countries, a lot lower than the UK certainly. If all countries emitted the same per capita that India does and got to net zero by 2070 then it would probably be no problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

It's 2 seconds to midnight on the climate death clock, and some people are calling for certain extremely large countries to be allowed to pollute the planet until at least 2070! You couldn't make this shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    India plans to meet net zero by 2070, and I think but their current emissions per capita are lower than more than half of other countries, a lot lower than the UK certainly. If all countries emitted the same per capita that India does and got to net zero by 2070 then it would probably be no problem at all
    fair play rjk knew you would come back with a well crafted paragraph

here's an easy graph which shows carbon emissions from 1959 to the year 2020 pinched from James Melville specifically calling out China's data but I think the way its going come 15 years time India will not be that far behind

you can see where the powerhouse of industry is heading in the next 10 years

If the dark forces don't take out Trump or get him arrested you will see USA figures double too if he wins the white house this year

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's 2 seconds to midnight on the climate death clock, and some people are calling for certain extremely large countries to be allowed to pollute the planet until at least 2070! You couldn't make this shit up
    2070 you say, by that point we would have had a nuclear war, alien invasion, Marburg virus outbreak, and Antartica would have “disappeared “ , probably because people become aware of what’s really going on down there

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    2070 you say, by that point we would have had a nuclear war, alien invasion, Marburg virus outbreak, and Antartica would have “disappeared “ , probably because people become aware of what’s really going on down there
    We need to live more sustainable lives and be kinder to the environment.
    What's meant to be going on down in Antarctica?

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    We need to live more sustainable lives and be kinder to the environment.
    What's meant to be going on down in Antarctica?
    What the climate nutters don't get is that the majority of us want cleaner more sustainable lives, the coffin dodgers have children and grand children but those of us who do not bend over every time we get a new alarmist headline see through the see O two shit, the climate kids forget our generation, didn't buy a new TV every time the picture went south, made our own tea and coffee and didn't drive to starbucks, make and cook our own food and don't drive to Maccy Dee's, never had to carry our groceries in plastic bags, bought bars of soap and not plastic dispensers, washed and cleaned shitty nappies and didn't have pampers, bought milk in bottles and not plastic containers and on and on and on, BTW has the ozone layer disappeared yet?.

What the climate nutters don't get is that the majority of us want cleaner more sustainable lives, the coffin dodgers have children and grand children but those of us who do not bend over every time we get a new alarmist headline see through the see O two shit, the climate kids forget our generation, didn't buy a new TV every time the picture went south, made our own tea and coffee and didn't drive to starbucks, make and cook our own food and don't drive to Maccy Dee's, never had to carry our groceries in plastic bags, bought bars of soap and not plastic dispensers, washed and cleaned shitty nappies and didn't have pampers, bought milk in bottles and not plastic containers and on and on and on, BTW has the ozone layer disappeared yet?.
    But that generation grew up to become the CEOs and politicians that transformed the world into what we have today.

BTW has the ozone layer disappeared yet?.
    :

No - that is one example of effective international action to correct a man-made environmental problem.

The ozone layer should be back to 1980 levels by 2066 at the poles and 2040 for most of the rest of us.

Result for the ‘climate nutters’!

:

No - that is one example of effective international action to correct a man-made environmental problem.

The ozone layer should be back to 1980 levels by 2066 at the poles and 2040 for most of the rest of us.

Result for the ‘climate nutters’!
    In your opinion

Plenty of articles about the subject suggests otherwise IMG_4334.jpg

In your opinion

Plenty of articles about the subject suggests otherwise IMG_4334.jpg
    could you link some?

https://junkscience.com/2022/07/ozon...ending-review/

This vid simply shows why there are many people who think differently

https://youtu.be/CaLOiGEDPJQ?si=t1JjAN91KhMGT56lA

https://junkscience.com/2022/07/ozon...ending-review/

This vid simply shows why there are many people who think differently

https://youtu.be/CaLOiGEDPJQ?si=t1JjAN91KhMGT56lA
    The article says.

"This new hole clearly debunks the rationale for the 1986 Montreal Protocol and ensuing hysteria over the refrigerants CFCs, HCFCs and now HFCs. The problem with ozone hole hysteria is that while the chemistry is true in a laboratory setting (chlorine molecules + UV radiation destroys ozone molecules) the actual atmosphere is more complex and ozone reforms. Variations in the ozone layer are not really understood. So the Montreal protocol was a fraud and consumers have been ripped off by refrigerant manufacturers for decades."

But the study it is based on and links to says:

"In the mid-1970s, atmospheric research suggested the ozone layer, which absorbs most of the sun's ultraviolet radiation, might be depleted because of industrial chemicals, primarily chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). The 1985 discovery of the Antarctic ozone hole confirmed CFC-caused ozone depletion. Although bans on such chemicals have helped slow ozone depletion, evidence suggests ozone depletion persisted."

Looking on the bright side I don't think we should get too worried about climate change. I think we will probably have annihilated ourselves before the effects become really significant.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The article says.

"This new hole clearly debunks the rationale for the 1986 Montreal Protocol and ensuing hysteria over the refrigerants CFCs, HCFCs and now HFCs. The problem with ozone hole hysteria is that while the chemistry is true in a laboratory setting (chlorine molecules + UV radiation destroys ozone molecules) the actual atmosphere is more complex and ozone reforms. Variations in the ozone layer are not really understood. So the Montreal protocol was a fraud and consumers have been ripped off by refrigerant manufacturers for decades."

But the study it is based on and links to says:

"In the mid-1970s, atmospheric research suggested the ozone layer, which absorbs most of the sun's ultraviolet radiation, might be depleted because of industrial chemicals, primarily chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). The 1985 discovery of the Antarctic ozone hole confirmed CFC-caused ozone depletion. Although bans on such chemicals have helped slow ozone depletion, evidence suggests ozone depletion persisted."
    Not sure why you feel the need to copy and paste the article, I have read it , mind you I’ve told you before stick to the BBC or you may start melting.

Have you seen that you tube video posted by Wales Bales , reminds me of you -

Your generation burnt a lot of coal and petrol with no recycling

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Your generation burnt a lot of coal and petrol with no recycling
    And ?

And ?
    It's irresponsible and unsustainable. Bad for the environment. Not to mention the sewage