+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate fanatics - where are you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Climate fanatics - where are you

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    There you are then!

Unfortunately we have free will and thus we are free to do what ever we want. We could spend the $1500 billion on medical research but "we" (maybe not you and I personally!) have chosen to spend it on defence in case our neighbour decides to attack us, kill us and possess what we have. You may recall that Jesus (God in human form) reminded us to "love your neighbour", a message which we have conveniently ignored and so we are where we are.

I have no idea why God does not intervene at the present time. He did 2000 years ago in the shape of Jesus but mankind has in the main ignored his intervention and gone his own sweet way. I believe he will in the end times (a whole different debate!) but things will be much, much worse than they are now, as the wickedness of mankind knows no limits. To a being who is outside of time it is said that with God one day is as a 1,000 years, and 1,000 years are as one day - so our conception of time must be totally different to his.
    That doesn't answer the question

If part of human free will is causing us to want to bomb and fight each other .....then god , being all powerful would clearly intervene and sort out that faulty gene

Evolution is discounted by your lot ......so God if he exists is powerful enough to fix it

He doesn't

He clearly doesn't exist because a kind loving God would stop all this madness

The excuse that humans have freewill is another weak excuse

If Jesus turned water into wine then God can stop war , stop famine and help us look after the planet for the poor little children

Giving us the excuse of having free will and it not being God's fault and being something he can't stop is silly because if he did exist he wouldnt let the children he is supposed to love be bombed in the middle east or be sexually abused by priests

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That doesn't answer the question

If part of human free will is causing us to want to bomb and fight each other .....then god , being all powerful would clearly intervene and sort out that faulty gene

Evolution is discounted by your lot ......so God if he exists is powerful enough to fix it

He doesn't

He clearly doesn't exist because a kind loving God would stop all this madness

The excuse that humans have freewill is another weak excuse

If Jesus turned water into wine then God can stop war , stop famine and help us look after the planet for the poor little children

Giving us the excuse of having free will and it not being God's fault and being something he can't stop is silly because if he did exist he wouldnt let the children he is supposed to love be bombed in the middle east or be sexually abused by priests

UK National Grid is activating its "blackout prevention scheme" amid current cold snap

what's all this all about

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    UK National Grid is activating its "blackout prevention scheme" amid current cold snap

what's all this all about
    It's about saving energy for 90 minutes on a wednesday evening, apparently (Cue jokes about city players and midweek games) It isn't really difficult Mozz, unless everything has to have a different meaning, an ulterior motive etc. I'm sure you and the merry band of brothers will concoct something

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's about saving energy for 90 minutes on a wednesday evening, apparently (Cue jokes about city players and midweek games) It isn't really difficult Mozz, unless everything has to have a different meaning, an ulterior motive etc. I'm sure you and the merry band of brothers will concoct something
    well i,ve never heard that phrase before and find it a little odd about saving energy when we;re not even into proper winter yet

can't remember anything like this in the past few years . what if we have a proper harsh winter i guess we will be doing this every week !!

just checked out a news bulletin looks like its only people with smart meters

well i,ve never heard that phrase before and find it a little odd about saving energy when we;re not even into proper winter yet

can't remember anything like this in the past few years . what if we have a proper harsh winter i guess we will be doing this every week !!

just checked out a news bulletin looks like its only people with smart meters
    It's energy Mozz, not just the heating. The times are early evening, so i'm guessing that there's a big demand at that time of the day. So maybe boil the kettle once instead of twice. That sort of stuff. I would have thought that it's as much about as controlling the supply as well. I don't really care that much about it, but you do like the old 'dark forces' thing, god knows why, maybe you like a bit of extra drama in your life

The climate fanatics are very busy saving Gazza , sadly there not sure where there gig /protest.demo will come from as Xmas descends , I do wonder where they keep all their many banners .

I know, let's pretend it's the late 70,s, early 80,s Scargill and Co are running the country and do whatever we did back then, sorted 🤣👍

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The climate fanatics are very busy saving Gazza , sadly there not sure where there gig /protest.demo will come from as Xmas descends , I do wonder where they keep all their many banners .
    It won't be Climate Fanatics who save Gazza; it'll be Alcoholics Anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Have you got the T shirt?

it's the way i tell em.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

Whilst you’re marvelling over your cavity wall insulation, here’s a little favour you could do for me

What’s the carbon footprint of every missile that’s being fired in Yemen , Ukraine and Gaza , ( and then you will see what the headline means)

Look forward to your reply.

After that how about the carbon footprint of every home that’s been destroyed, the movement of refugees, the logistics of military equipment and personnel, etc etc

Do as I say!!!!

Are you a boomer?

That Scottish msp is .....wait for it .....a right wing conservative ......and a raving mad Mormon Christian

So he can jog on

Global boiling is sooo last week

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Global boiling is sooo last week
    You just do not understand do you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    no science" behind demands for phase-out of fossil fuels, unless you want to take the world back into caves”

no science" behind demands for phase-out of fossil fuels, unless you want to take the world back into caves”

I think Elander & the News may have misunderstood 'the actual problem!' here.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think Elander & the News may have misunderstood 'the actual problem!' here.
    Nelson Mandela's granddaughter slams "climate apartheid" by rich nations

Nelson Mandela's granddaughter slams "climate apartheid" by rich nations

The granddaughter of Nelson Mandela has spoken out against "climate apartheid".
    Speaking on Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg from the COP28 climate summit, Ndileka Mandela said "the global north is using their economic and legal power to subjugate poor nations, who at the brunt of the effects of climate change."
    "Africa and the global south has the smallest percentage of carbon emissions", she added

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I would love to understand and then I could follow the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I would love to understand and then I could follow the herd.
    Apparently the collective noun for conspiracists is a herd of Qs

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Is that code for you don't know ?

Aka a bunch of dopey cccts

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Aka a bunch of dopey cccts
    The thing is with you Sludge is that at least with Cyril and the like they offer compelling arguments that suggest they know what they are talking about and perhaps they have their own interests to protect , whereas yourself, well you lack the most basic knowledge in most things , that’s why it’s almost impossible to know what you’re referring to.

You’re the equivalent of a court jester. I’d put you on par with a rent-a-ghost character, a hillbilly , or village idiot and when you become confused you come out with some real shit. Because you’re so dull you get a free pass from me.