+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate fanatics - where are you

Re: Climate fanatics - where are you

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    China aims to build up a backup production system with capacity to mobilize 300 million metric tons of coal a year by 2030, as part of the world’s largest coal consumer’s effort to boost energy security

not playing the game are they !
    Yes they are - they've been routinely beating their targets for achieving carbon neutrality

Their targets were less aggressive than ours, but there are very different challenges in achieving it at the same time as developing their economy and taking millions of people every year out of subsistence farming.

They planned to peak emissions in 2030, but will now achieve it in 2025.
    Targets for amount of renewable power coming on board there are also 5 years ahead of schedule, and dwarf any other country in the world.
    Chinese developments in perovskite/silicon solar cells can produce solar cells that are 50% cheaper and produce 50% more energy, and will transform the market in the next few years.
    They are the biggest market for electric vehicles, selling more than the rest of the world put together - 22% of new vehicles there were electric.
    They are reforesting huge areas, pledging to plant 70 billion trees in the next 5 years.

Their planned date for carbon neutrality is 2060 vs our 2050, but they are ahead of schedule.

They don't need to do any of this to win votes, or due to international pressure, they're doing it because they can also see that it is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes they are - they've been routinely beating their targets for achieving carbon neutrality

Their targets were less aggressive than ours, but there are very different challenges in achieving it at the same time as developing their economy and taking millions of people every year out of subsistence farming.

Targets for amount of renewable power coming on board there are also 5 years ahead of schedule, and dwarf any other country in the world.
    Chinese developments in perovskite/silicon solar cells can produce solar cells that are 50% cheaper and produce 50% more energy, and will transform the market in the next few years.
    They are the biggest market for electric vehicles, selling more than the rest of the world put together - 22% of new vehicles there were electric.
    They are reforesting huge areas, pledging to plant 70 billion trees in the next 5 years.

Their planned date for carbon neutrality is 2060 vs our 2050, but they are ahead of schedule.

They don't need to do any of this to win votes, or due to international pressure, they're doing it because they can also see that it is the right thing to do.
    A target achieved in 36 years - anything could happen between now and then though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

that's all they are doing is phasing out old practices whilst cranking up coal production to meet China’s coal consumption which is expected to increase by 1.5% each year going forward

Strict capacity replacement requirements are set for companies to add new mining facilities to meet green targets

China is not only the largest coal producer in the world they are also the largest coal importer in the world. In 2022, the country imported 290 millions tons of coal

i am very skeptical about future facts and figures coming out china when you look at that time frame you mentioned

With the rest of those paragraphs you mentioned AI will transform the world anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    that's all they are doing is phasing out old practices whilst cranking up coal production to meet China’s coal consumption which is expected to increase by 1.5% each year going forward

Strict capacity replacement requirements are set for companies to add new mining facilities to meet green targets

China is not only the largest coal producer in the world they are also the largest coal importer in the world. In 2022, the country imported 290 millions tons of coal

i am very skeptical about future facts and figures coming out china when you look at that time frame you mentioned

With the rest of those paragraphs you mentioned AI will transform the world anyway
    Wasting your time Mozz
    Anthropogenic climate change is nothing but an unproven theory, just like the heliocentric model, no facts just theory, the only fact is that to put the theory right, is joe public has to pay for it, imagine that ?, there will be 1,000's of football coaches going up and down the country tomorrow, many on board of a needless journey will be pontificating the next day to the climate deniers, if we only have 30 years or so again!!!!! everything needless should be stopped, not tomorrow, not next week, not next month, not next year but immediately now this minute, towns are polluted, stop the traffic now immediately, stop all air traffic now immediately, no exemptions for private jets, i note the electrified line stopped at Cardiff!!!, if it was so important, money would have been no object and that to Swansea it should have gone, stop all the diesel trains immediately, stop all diesel HGV immediately, i guess its not that important, you can drive into the centre of London if you can afford it, as long as you can afford it climate change is not that important.
    How many of the climate screamers on here will take their car to the scrappy tomorrow for their religion?, NONE that's how many. SQUAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Wasting your time Mozz
    Anthropogenic climate change is nothing but an unproven theory, just like the heliocentric model, no facts just theory, the only fact is that to put the theory right, is joe public has to pay for it, imagine that ?, there will be 1,000's of football coaches going up and down the country tomorrow, many on board of a needless journey will be pontificating the next day to the climate deniers, if we only have 30 years or so again!!!!! everything needless should be stopped, not tomorrow, not next week, not next month, not next year but immediately now this minute, towns are polluted, stop the traffic now immediately, stop all air traffic now immediately, no exemptions for private jets, i note the electrified line stopped at Cardiff!!!, if it was so important, money would have been no object and that to Swansea it should have gone, stop all the diesel trains immediately, stop all diesel HGV immediately, i guess its not that important, you can drive into the centre of London if you can afford it, as long as you can afford it climate change is not that important.
    How many of the climate screamers on here will take their car to the scrappy tomorrow for their religion?, NONE that's how many. SQUAT.
    Tend to agree - if it was serious as the biggest carbon footprint users are telling us there would be a climate crisis lockdown currently in place

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Wasting your time Mozz

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I think one of our messageboard friends doesn't know what 'scientific theory' means.

Again I've asked this question 30 times on this forum and not a single climate change denier can answer it, not even an attempt has been made.

You insult, you divert, you rant about how you install triple glazing (actually happened) but you do everything except answer this question which shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure some of you don't even understand the question.

What is the physical process scientists say is causing climate change and what about that physical process do you disagree with?

I guarantee this won't be attempted.
    No one gives a **** about your opinion , everyone and everyone has googled it, just like you have. Next revelation please

Not the one where not having kids is saving the planet though

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    No one gives a **** about your opinion , everyone and everyone has googled it, just like you have. Next revelation please

They have nothing, squat, no argument except the worlds bought and paid press saying it every evening. what i do find encouraging is that more of the worlds population are now putting their heads above the parapet and just saying i bought the psychosis for long enough, now just f**k off enough is enough, I note jet setter Kerry going for another 5 years, how many guesses is allowed for these nutters ?, I guess I'll die one day!!!

You repeatedly show you don't even understand the question. I've not Googled it because I agree that the physical process scientists say is causing climate change is correct. You say it's wrong, but you can't tell me why it's wrong. I've literally asked you this 40 times and you've show yourself up yet again.

You repeatedly show you don't even understand the question. I've not Googled it because I agree that the physical process scientists say is causing climate change is correct. You say it's wrong, but you can't tell me why it's wrong. I've literally asked you this 40 times and you've show yourself up yet again.
    I don’t give a toss what you’re opinion is , ultimately , and as someone else pointed out , I’m also not into circular arguments, especially when I’ve already mentioned that you’re source material is from the same as mine.

I’ve asked you to answer a few questions that are completely at odds with the current agenda and I’m yet to hear anything from you.
    Next revelation please, I need a laugh.

I don’t give a toss what you’re opinion is , ultimately , and as someone else pointed out , I’m also not into circular arguments, especially when I’ve already mentioned that you’re source material is from the same as mine.

Next revelation please, I need a laugh.
    Circular arguments? This is a straight line discussion seeing as after multiple months, you can't even attempt to answer my question.

You're seriously thick as shit.

You're seriously thick as shit.
    Huh , what do you do for a living , and what degrees do you have , if you have more than me I’d be amazed. Childish twat

Huh , what do you do for a living , and what degrees do you have , if you have more than me I’d be amazed. Childish twat
    Well I've got a BA(hons) and a MSc for a start. I can also use 'you're' appropriately and space my sentences out properly unlike you.

Answer my question. What about the physical process that scientists say causes climate change do you disagree with? Or like every single person who denies pumping out gigatons of Co2 can effect the climate, can you not answer this question?

Well I've got a BA(hons) and a MSc for a start. I can also use 'you're' appropriately and space my sentences out properly unlike you.

Answer my question. What about the physical process that scientists say causes climate change do you disagree with? Or like every single person who denies pumping out gigatons of Co2 can effect the climate, can you not answer this question?
    Well done on those efforts, , but as an aside , it’s a football message-board and I didn’t think that it was a literacy exam ( I attained A levels in both English literature and Language.) , but if I was in exam conditions I would probably not undertake them on a I phone 15 , so please allow for the odd oversight.

Your question is available online (it’s no biggie , honestly) and you have yet to answer mine, probably because you know the whole process it flawed.

Now as I’ve said I’m not interested in circular arguments.

Well done on those efforts, , but as an aside , it’s a football message-board and I didn’t think that it was a literacy exam ( I attained A levels in both English literature and Language.) , but if I was in exam conditions I would probably not undertake them on a I phone 15 , so please allow for the odd oversight.

Your question is available online (it’s no biggie , honestly) and you have yet to answer mine, probably because you know the whole process it flawed.

Now as I’ve said I’m not interested in circular arguments.
    Given that if Doucas had more degrees than you you would be amazed. How many degrees do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Given that if Doucas had more degrees than you you would be amazed. How many degrees do you have?
    I don’t discuss personal details on the internet, but I used to pay annual subscription to use letters after my name but thought it was a bit anal and isn’t required when I’m the boss. I do begrudgingly have to pay 50% tax though, but at least it’s helps others -pesky Tories

I don’t discuss personal details on the internet, but I used to pay annual subscription to use letters after my name but thought it was a bit anal and isn’t required when I’m the boss. I do begrudgingly have to pay 50% tax though, but at least it’s helps others -pesky Tories
    I must admit that I was unaware that the UK had that tax bracket. Though the Kingdom of Fantasia does tax its more inventive subjects at 50%!

I must admit that I was unaware that the UK had that tax bracket. Though the Kingdom of Fantasia does tax its more inventive subjects at 50%!
    Slam dunk!

You know exactly what I mean, indirectly it’s ~ around the figure quoted (joint) when you take into account other taxation obligations.

No big deal to me but clearly it is to you. You’re very jealous of certain posters in here.

It’s almost as if your jealousy is getting the better of you.

My wife hasn’t a degree but is extremely successful in work and her professional exams are work related. Degrees are not what they were that’s for sure.

I don't discuss personal details on the internet.

But let me tell you about my wife, even though you didn't ask...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

And don't forget the income as well.

And just like that up pops Lardy …. Personal details I’m more that happy to disclose just to put the usual suspects in their place, and incase you wasn’t aware my other half reads the shit you post bra.

You another one who is either the same person or another who appears a little bit of a knob, who waits slyly in the wings. Good try though.

Income as in a higher tax bracket….are that thick? The sad thing is you have to play down your actual accomplishments as there is clearly a jealousy problem on here. Have another go, go on.

If nothing else, this thread demonstrates that having academic qualifications is no indicator of civility towards one's fellow man!