+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often are you changing your broadband provider ?

How often are you changing your broadband provider ?

Finally sorted out my problems with TalkTalk to Plusnet and to be fair to Plusnet they are ok with good customer service

But as seems usual after 18 months my bill is going to kick up from 35 to 47 pcm after my contract ends .....and the vibe I get is that like all of them this is what happens

Do any of you just expect this and transfer over to someone else then do the same again when that deal ends ?.....to keep on a lower tariff?

It seems a right load of nonsense

Re: How often are you changing your broadband provider ?

I’ve always been with BT since I moved about 4 years ago, it’s such a hassle changing all the smart devices.

I usually find the best deal and ask BT to match or I’ll cancel and they have always matched.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Finally sorted out my problems with TalkTalk to Plusnet and to be fair to Plusnet they are ok with good customer service

But as seems usual after 18 months my bill is going to kick up from 35 to 47 pcm after my contract ends .....and the vibe I get is that like all of them this is what happens

Do any of you just expect this and transfer over to someone else then do the same again when that deal ends ?.....to keep on a lower tariff?

I move from time to time, there will usually be someone cheaper when your deal ends, you can sometimes get them to knock down the price to match. I've gone from BT to EE to Talk Talk to Sky, and I'm always prepared to move again if need be it's simple and only takes a few days for the switch. Sky so far has been the best for service and communication and reliability, talk talk are hell when something goes wrong.

Over recent years I have always switched at the end of a contract as there always seem to be cheaper deals than remaining in a current contract. I have also found that my existing suppliers do not become flexible on their pricing until they have had notification of an impending switch - at which point i have already decided to move!

BT fibre for me is £29. That’s without a landline.

I was with BT paying around £40 a month. I also had BT Sport which I cancelled.

Was BT for decades, then Sky in recent years, now gone to Gigaclear, 8x faster, no more complaints from the kids.

I've renewed with my provider this past month BT, service has been OK. Squeezed them for a little extra so didn't bother shopping about.

I’d normally haggle but stick with same supplier more often than not.
    Found talktalk great even when an issue
    Switched to virgin since they installed it in street.

Don’t do it

I don't. I've been with the same provider for over 20 years and it's never gone down. I'm very impressed with them.

I find at the end of my contract my supplier always try to scam me, so I just get a quote from another supplier. tell them how much the other quote is for and if they don't match or better it I am off to someone else, I have been with BT,Talk Talk Plusnet and worst of all Virgin, I am at present with Vodafone and I have no trouble at all and the price is £28 and includes phone, this is against what my previous supplier BT not budging from the £47 they wanted to charge me

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I move from time to time, there will usually be someone cheaper when your deal ends, you can sometimes get them to knock down the price to match. I've gone from BT to EE to Talk Talk to Sky, and I'm always prepared to move again if need be it's simple and only takes a few days for the switch. Sky so far has been the best for service and communication and reliability, talk talk are hell when something goes wrong.
    I found talk talk fine but they refused to give me a good deal so I walked the talk as it were

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve always been with BT since I moved about 4 years ago, it’s such a hassle changing all the smart devices.

I usually find the best deal and ask BT to match or I’ll cancel and they have always matched.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Over recent years I have always switched at the end of a contract as there always seem to be cheaper deals than remaining in a current contract. I have also found that my existing suppliers do not become flexible on their pricing until they have had notification of an impending switch - at which point i have already decided to move!
    Wank3rs

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    BT fibre for me is £29. That’s without a landline.

I was with BT paying around £40 a month. I also had BT Sport which I cancelled.
    Yes I can get around that without a landline with plus net

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I've renewed with my provider this past month BT, service has been OK. Squeezed them for a little extra so didn't bother shopping about.
    It's so much nonsense isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I don't. I've been with the same provider for over 20 years and it's never gone down. I'm very impressed with them.
    Well who is that then

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    I find at the end of my contract my supplier always try to scam me, so I just get a quote from another supplier. tell them how much the other quote is for and if they don't match or better it I am off to someone else, I have been with BT,Talk Talk Plusnet and worst of all Virgin, I am at present with Vodafone and I have no trouble at all and the price is £28 and includes phone, this is against what my previous supplier BT not budging from the £47 they wanted to charge me
    That 28 plus phone I would doubt will be longer than 2 years and again they will try to up it again ?

I move every time my contract ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I move every time my contract ends.
    Meaning you eventually come full circle

Meaning you eventually come full circle
    I have done in the past. You can probably get your current provider to drop their renewal price if you phone I guess. Whether it would match the cheapest I'm not so sure.

It's not really difficult. Your new provider contacts your old one to tell them you're moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I have done in the past. You can probably get your current provider to drop their renewal price if you phone I guess. Whether it would match the cheapest I'm not so sure.

It's not really difficult. Your new provider contacts your old one to tell them you're moving.
    It's a pain in the arse as far as I am concerned

Switch at the end of the conctract via TopCashback. Got £100 cashback switching from BT to Sky earlier this year, £50 switching from Plusnet to Sky on our rental property.

been with Virgin since we moved in here

it was going to jump upto 93 quid ( with TV package ) , I phoned them, they could reduce it to 87, I cancelled, signed up with BT, it wasnt till Virgin were asked to release the phone number they acted, dropped it down to 35 quid ( just my internet ) then a week ago, they phoned me, wanted me to renew, I went online and got the same deal for £25 with them

my virgin is about 150 meg speeds which is great, so at £25 I cant moan

Every year you should update your electricity water internet car insurance or whatever you have
    there is a Swedish saying ...it not productive to be a loyal customer

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    been with Virgin since we moved in here

it was going to jump upto 93 quid ( with TV package ) , I phoned them, they could reduce it to 87, I cancelled, signed up with BT, it wasnt till Virgin were asked to release the phone number they acted, dropped it down to 35 quid ( just my internet ) then a week ago, they phoned me, wanted me to renew, I went online and got the same deal for £25 with them

my virgin is about 150 meg speeds which is great, so at £25 I cant moan
    Christ !