+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans abuse Bobby Madley again, but this time they’re not Cardiff City’s!

Fans abuse Bobby Madley again, but this time they’re not Cardiff City’s!

City win after being 1-0 down in the ninety sixth minute!

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Fans abuse Bobby Madley again, but this time they’re not Cardiff City’s!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Reading the Preston messageboard is a treat. Bobby Madley is described as a Cardiff agent, and Robbie Brady is the most hated man in Preston. It's even more critical of their team than this board, which is saying something.

I was impressed that after we scored Robinson raced back to the half-way line and was cajoling the celebrating players to get back so we could try for the winner. He seems tro be a very good team man at the moment. Several PNE fans couldn't believe that some of their number didn't want him to return to them.

They're not very keen on their manager either - when he said in post-match interview that he didn't know Brady had been booked in that touchline melee they went ballistic.

Altogether a very satisfactory read - schadenfreude can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Reading the Preston messageboard is a treat. Bobby Madley is described as a Cardiff agent, and Robbie Brady is the most hated man in Preston. It's even more critical of their team than this board, which is saying something.

I was impressed that after we scored Robinson raced back to the half-way line and was cajoling the celebrating players to get back so we could try for the winner. He seems tro be a very good team man at the moment. Several PNE fans couldn't believe that some of their number didn't want him to return to them.

They're not very keen on their manager either - when he said in post-match interview that he didn't know Brady had been booked in that touchline melee they went ballistic.

Altogether a very satisfactory read - schadenfreude can be fun.

Yeah, bit of a daft admission by their manager that he didn’t realise that Brady had already been booked prior to his dismissal. As one disgruntled poster said that it’s a part of his job to be on the case with things like that. To be fair to them they were consistent in their criticism of both Brady and their manager prior to the chaotic last few minutes. They did crank it up a bit post match though

Good match report as usual - but the pass to McGuinness (not the best is right) that resulted in the Preston goal came from Grant not Collins.

Collins doesn’t need any more negative attention. I don’t think he head butted Evans (who should get an Oscar for his reaction) but it was stupid to pick up a yellow and a ban, and give the ref (especially that ref) a reason to wave a red.

In the end a deserved win and great character from the team.

This has probably been said already on here but surely that doesn't count as a shot from Grant? Colwill would be getting an assist if it was. His flick falls to the defender who looks to blast it into our half but, instead, hits it straight into Grant who's put a leg out to block and is looking in completely the opposite direction. I'm not sure where it hits him but the power on it makes me think the shin. Great block and I love it, of course, but it's an absolute fluke. The defender's reaction (and of other Preston players) says it all.

For Grant to make a contribution I suppose it had to be a fluke. Agree that his pass to McGuiness sold him into trouble.

That mistake would have seen us lose last season but credit to the lads they kept on.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good match report as usual - but the pass to McGuinness (not the best is right) that resulted in the Preston goal came from Grant not Collins.

Collins doesn’t need any more negative attention. I don’t think he head butted Evans (who should get an Oscar for his reaction) but it was stupid to pick up a yellow and a ban, and give the ref (especially that ref) a reason to wave a red.

In the end a deserved win and great character from the team.
    You're right, I'm going to alter that bit of the piece now.

International

Madley had quite a good game by his standards, but he did let Preston get away with too many fouls, and that's what caused the needle, we are a decent clean team overall, they are a sly, slimy, dirty team of Bustards.

Madley is a dreadful, dreadful referee, and the fact clowns like him and Stroud are refereeing games at this level sums up the state of officiating at the moment.