+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Talking Point from yesterdays Game

Talking Point from yesterdays Game

think this is a nailed on red card in the modern game . think we got lucky

Re: Talking Point from yesterdays Game

It did look bad and he could have walked but there were two incidents involving the bloke who scored for them. One was a particularly bad ‘accidental (yeah, right)’ stamp on Siopis near the touchline and an elbow to Goutas’s face by the same player later on near the opposite touch line. Both going unnoticed and unpunished by the officials. Both very sly actions.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Man’s a cheat

I think he was the one who threw himself on the floor holding his ribs claiming he was fouled on the edge of the penalty area.

Tw*t

“Huge brawl breaks out…”

According to the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24857...-championship/

Preston player kicks Collins. Collins then gets up to confront him. Evans pushes his head forward, Collins goes to do the same and Evans throws himself to the floor claiming he's the victim.

Hardly an outrage. More like handbags and deceit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Preston player kicks Collins. Collins then gets up to confront him. Evans pushes his head forward, Collins goes to do the same and Evans throws himself to the floor claiming he's the victim.

There was no contact but Collins did commit “an act of violent conduct “ according to the laws.

The ref was perfectly positioned to see exactly what happened.

I think the ref didn’t send him off because of the provocation which went before and the dying swan acting by the Preston player

Bulut will be having words about discipline and watching replays of Eben Etzbeths smiling in the oppositions face

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    “Huge brawl breaks out…”

According to the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24857...-championship/
    Anyone else think this report portrays us in not a great light?

I didn't see the end of the match "brawl" but shirley it's a cut and dried case of sour grapes

They don't like it up 'em

There was no contact but Collins did commit “an act of violent conduct “ according to the laws.

I think the ref didn’t send him off because of the provocation which went before and the dying swan acting by the Preston player

Bulut will be having words about discipline and watching replays of Eben Etzbeths smiling in the oppositions face
    Etzbeth is a rugby player isn't he?

Collins barely touched him although he could have got a card for that , very stupid

Evans is all I hate in the game , faking serious contact to try and get another player sent off

If I was the ref I would have booked Collins and sent off evans the cheat

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Anyone else think this report portrays us in not a great light?

I didn't see the end of the match "brawl" but shirley it's a cut and dried case of sour grapes

They don't like it up 'em
    It captions one picture 'Joe Ralls getting heated at the end'.

The picture just above shows Ralls holding Meite back from confronting someone. It should be 'Joe Ralls staying cool at the end'!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Collins barely touched him although he could have got a card for that , very stupid

Evans is all I hate in the game , faking serious contact to try and get another player sent off

If I was the ref I would have booked Collins and sent off evans the cheat
    Gosh Sludge...we agree....maybe Evans is a Tory...?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post

That's exactly as I saw it and the ref who's had deserved stick in the past off us should be commended for not falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Etzbeth is a rugby player isn't he?

He is but look at his face when the handbags are flying and he usually has a big shit-eating grin on his face which must wind up the opposition and give an impression to the referee that it can’t be him that’s causing the problem

Probably a red nowadays but what an embarrassing 10 seconds of modern football that was.

Both should be sent off for being absolute melts

Former CCS hero Evans should have gone for being such a Drama Queen. If he had anything about him - which he doesn’t - he would be cringing watching that again.

Not having seen the game yesterday, lucky to stay on IMO but it all evens out over the season doesn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Gosh Sludge...we agree....maybe Evans is a Tory...?!
    I often agree on your football analysis Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Former CCS hero Evans should have gone for being such a Drama Queen. If he had anything about him - which he doesn’t - he would be cringing watching that again.
    Complete ponce

The commentator on City’s website made it very clear what the thought of Evans and I wouldn’t disagree, but I still think Collins was lucky not to be sent off.

International

Well done ref, he used common sense well on that occasion, exactly right Evans played for it, they were a very sly dirty team, I'm glad Brady was sent of and we beat them in the dying minutes, perfect result to send them and their dirty stinking team, Manager and fans home crying

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It did look bad and he could have walked but there were two incidents involving the bloke who scored for them. One was a particularly bad ‘accidental (yeah, right)’ stamp on Siopis near the touchline and an elbow to Goutas’s face by the same player later on near the opposite touch line. Both going unnoticed and unpunished by the officials. Both very sly actions.
    Agreed the stamp was really bad and the elbow was sly, he was a nasty dirty sly player, I hope they remember next time and give him some sly fouls back as a whole team taking it in turns.

Still not convinced that the stamp was deliberate, but Erol Bulut sounded pretty convinced about it and the elbow in his post match interview.

I thought Preston were a particularly dirty side on Saturday. There was all sorts of stuff going on - sly kicks, elbows, foot stamps, etc. Okay, I guess players do what they can get away with, and we probably dish it out as well as any side, but it seemed quite visible on Saturday. Ref should have clamped down on things long before the touchline incident.