+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Traffic on Tuesday

Traffic on Tuesday

Just a warning for anyone who comes from the Ely roundabout direction that you can't turn right from Lansdowne Road into Sanatorium Road/Broad Street for a few weeks while roadworks are taking place. The reverse journey will still be ok for after the game (I say ok but that's a traffic jam I'd never fancy getting caught up in).

Obviously it's going to affect more than just City games with Lansdowne Road being a busy through road with schools and the Leckwith stores nearby so I'd steer clear of the area around rush hours, school runs and weekends too. Lucky it's not a busy time of year coming up.

Re: Traffic on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Just a warning for anyone who comes from the Ely roundabout direction that you can't turn right from Lansdowne Road into Sanatorium Road/Broad Street for a few weeks while roadworks are taking place. The reverse journey will still be ok for after the game (I say ok but that's a traffic jam I'd never fancy getting caught up in).

Obviously it's going to affect more than just City games with Lansdowne Road being a busy through road with schools and the Leckwith stores nearby so I'd steer clear of the area around rush hours, school runs and weekends too. Lucky it's not a busy time of year coming up.
    WTF are the council doing there ? , I drive past there most nights. It seems Cardiff Council are hell bent on putting on traffic changes that basically cause chaos. And it appears to be a wilful policy.

The war against the motorist in Cardiff and Wales continues...

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    WTF are the council doing there ? , I drive past there most nights. It seems Cardiff Council are hell bent on putting on traffic changes that basically cause chaos. And it appears to be a wilful policy.
    I'm not sure what's going on round there, it's pointless trying to make sense of some of the things they do. Good luck trying to stop them though. Even if this scheme breaks the mould and does end up making some sense, why do it now? Think how much traffic will be trying to get down to the Leckwith stores in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

Cheers. I'll pass this information onto Parker..

i would find an alternative route if your planning going through the splott/south cardiff area to the game

apparently they have found a bomb around the area !

currently traffic very heavy

And someone is threatening to jump from a multi story carpark down the bay

Cardiff traffic is getting worse. Who designs the traffic light patterns as they are bloody rubbish at it.

Made the mistake today of driving past the castle. The queue to the lights by the Westgate pub started back by Queen St. The lights by the Westgate just don't allow enough traffic to flow before changing to red again and causing a permanent queue back to the castle and before.

The traffic flow around CCS is poor as well with the lights at Sloper Rd, CCS and the Retail Park not allowing a proper flow of traffic when it gets busy so it means that Broad St jams up and at times you are lucky if only a car or two can turn right out of Broad St.

Going the opposite way from Broad St to Lansdowne Rd is also shocking as traffic jams between two sets of lights either side of the railway bridges causing a blockage that backs up down Broad St. The lights do not allow for a steady flow.

This with the low speed and single lanes on many roads because of bus lanes it's becoming far less enjoyable to move around the city.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff traffic is getting worse. Who designs the traffic light patterns as they are bloody rubbish at it.

Made the mistake today of driving past the castle. The queue to the lights by the Westgate pub started back by Queen St. The lights by the Westgate just don't allow enough traffic to flow before changing to red again and causing a permanent queue back to the castle and before.

The traffic flow around CCS is poor as well with the lights at Sloper Rd, CCS and the Retail Park not allowing a proper flow of traffic when it gets busy so it means that Broad St jams up and at times you are lucky if only a car or two can turn right out of Broad St.

Going the opposite way from Broad St to Lansdowne Rd is also shocking as traffic jams between two sets of lights either side of the railway bridges causing a blockage that backs up down Broad St. The lights do not allow for a steady flow.

This with the low speed and single lanes on many roads because of bus lanes it's becoming far less enjoyable to move around the city.
    It's a joke they are trying to stop people driving, they now have the idea that buses can drive at 30 and cars at 20, I'm pretty sure if you are hit by a bus it's more likely to kill you than a car, so that excuse was a load of nonsense as we all knew!

Driving to the game tonight will take forever, the traffic is already heavy!

Traffic light roulette is shocking at Llanedeyrn, off the Eastern Avenue. The traffic lights should be on permanently not intermittent. It’s taking your life in your hands getting on the actual roundabout when the lights are off, even worse if you’re in the process of going through on a green and the powers that be decide that now’s the time to switch the lights off. It’s manic enough there to have permanent lights.

Cardiff traffic does seem to have got worse this last fortnight…strange, it can’t be Christmas snarl ups already, can it?

Access to stadium from Cardiff West / Link Rd was pretty good this evening.

Gave it plenty of time and was at the ground by 6.55.