+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Managers View Of Players He Inherited

Managers View Of Players He Inherited

I always like a manager who realises that a clean sweep is not always good and ends up using previous managers players to make up a part of his squad

I think he's got it right with having Ng , Robinson , Mcguiness , Ralls and several others playing important parts since he took over

I think it's another reason to be pleased with his appointment

Re: Managers View Of Players He Inherited

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I always like a manager who realises that a clean sweep is not always good and ends up using previous managers players to make up a part of his squad

I think he's got it right with having Ng , Robinson , Mcguiness , Ralls and several others playing important parts since he took over

He didn't have any other choice in fairness, but I think it's been great that he's seen what he has to work with and tried to form a team around the best bits, rather than a manager try and get those players to fit what he wants.

as i mentioned first off back in june did my homework on him through my futsal circles and knew we had a gem on our hands when the majority didn't have a scooby doo about him

its going better than i thought tbh . The players you mentioned above are very capable players but adapting to new systems can be challenging so our manager deserves all the plaudits to be fair in such a short space of time

The January window will see what the boardroom boys are made of

as I,ve said a number of times think we need to get a long term contract in place for our Gaffer pronto !

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He didn't have any other choice in fairness, but I think it's been great that he's seen what he has to work with and tried to form a team around the best bits, rather than a manager try and get those players to fit what he wants.
    Of course

But sometimes managers screw up

Willie Boland was released a year after Dave Moans Jones took over

I don't think the club has been the same since and I certainly have never recovered

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    as i mentioned first off back in june did my homework on him through my futsal circles and knew we had a gem on our hands when the majority didn't have a scooby doo about him

its going better than i thought tbh . The players you mentioned above are very capable players but adapting to new systems can be challenging so our manager deserves all the plaudits to be fair in such a short space of time

as I,ve said a number of times think we need to get a long term contract in place for our Gaffer pronto !
    I believe if things go OK we have first choice on his signature

I think he seems a good mixture of thinker , tracksuit manager and potential psychopath

Of course

But sometimes managers screw up

Willie Boland was released a year after Dave Moans Jones took over

I don't think the club has been the same since and I certainly have never recovered
    I'm sure you haven't recovered, in the same way as after Kate Humble's solicitor got in touch.

We replaced Boland with Scimeca. I'd love to hear how you think Boland was the better player.....

Totally agree! I think we've been very lucky to get him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Totally agree! I think we've been very lucky to get him here.
    Absolutely. If he hadn't been a pal of Dalman, he'd never have been here. Vinnie's appointments, on the other hand....

It’s going to be interesting to see how we line up tomorrow against WBA, without Collins and Grant and potentially McGuinness.
    Will he make wholesale changes, play the same system or alter it completely with a back three and wing backs?
    Whatever happens Bulut has been a breath of fresh air for us, and I hope we get him onto a long term contract.
    Even with all the new signings, it just shows what a big job was needed to improve the squad and how well he’s done so far.
    If as speculated the KM deal is done, we still need at least 3 more in come January, to have a good go at a top 6 finish
    Let’s hope the board continues to back him

I the biggest issue was scoring goals which he addressed straight away with a new front line. The other issues was we had to many similar players, I think brining in Siopis was huge, he just does thing out other midfielders can’t or don’t do.

Other players have improved and those who don’t wont play, Bulut knows we need more and more from them.

It was an impressive summer by the club to convince Bulut to come under the embargo and very good recruitment considering the embargo. Hopefully another two windows and the squad goes from strength to strength.

Absolutely. If he hadn't been a pal of Dalman, he'd never have been here. Vinnie's appointments, on the other hand....
    Didn’t Dalman say in a press confidence this was exaggerated or not true and that he hadn’t met him until he interviewed him.

Wasn't dalman influential in bringing OSG here?
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 27-11-23 at 08:59. Reason: Typo

It will be interesting to see how the board reacts but also how Bulut performs if provided funding - l'm really impressed with Bulut he has a calmness regardless of win lose or draw and is honest in his assessment of what he has seen and would love to have his signature on a longer contract so that even if a bigger club comes in at least we can get compensation (when was the last time we had that)

But we have had previous managers such as Warnock who did wonders with what he inherited with a few add ons and maybe not so well when given money?

I have every confidence Bulut will use any funds wisely - no evidence just a gut feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the board reacts but also how Bulut performs if provided funding - l'm really impressed with Bulut he has a calmness regardless of win lose or draw and is honest in his assessment of what he has seen and would love to have his signature on a longer contract so that even if a bigger club comes in at least we can get compensation (when was the last time we had that)

But we have had previous managers such as Warnock who did wonders with what he inherited with a few add ons and maybe not so well when given money?

I have every confidence Bulut will use any funds wisely - no evidence just a gut feeling
    I think Bulut will know exactly what to do, only two of Morrisons signings started on Saturday, once Bulut clears the rest of the deadwood out and replaces them with proper signings, we’ll be a good bet to finish in the top 6

When are we going to give him a second series?

Two year contract minimum I hope. He has exceeded expectations this season so far. Imagine what he could do with a squad of bullet players