+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garnacho volley

Re: Garnacho volley

One of the best

You can hate the premier league, but don’t kid yourself. It’s top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh no , I am afraid you don't choose the question to suit your agenda which clearly is the Premier league is the only league where fab football happens

Football sees fantastic goals right through the game here and throughout the world

The point is if someone posted a fantastic volley video then you are such a slave to the Premier league you would question it

There is video after video of fantastic goals from the championship down who is to say the great volley from today is one of the greatest goals ever and better than anything ever seen in the lower leagues , what an absurd view

Is your name Mr Scudamore ?

You are on a bonus
    Good grief.

I'm suggesting that a remarkable bit of skill, as shown by Gaunacho today, is a bit of a rarity, in terms of individual brilliance. You've tried to put down the goal as it doesn't suit your agenda of PL hater but MOTD watcher.

There are brilliant team goals. There are brilliant individual goals. I'm not suggesting one is better than the other, but I am suggesting that you don't get many moments of individual skill, like that bicycle kick today, in the lower divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    One of the best

Absolutely. I don't particularly follow the PL but, with my boy being ill, we had a football afternoon with quilts in front of the TV. It was one of the top goals in the history of the top division. Bale scored a similar goal in a Champions' League final and it's ranked as one of the best of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    One of the best

Of course , it's a great goal

I am saying goals like this happen in football and are not exclusive to the Premier league

It's daft to think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good grief.

I'm suggesting that a remarkable bit of skill, as shown by Gaunacho today, is a bit of a rarity, in terms of individual brilliance. You've tried to put down the goal as it doesn't suit your agenda of PL hater but MOTD watcher.

There are brilliant team goals. There are brilliant individual goals. I'm not suggesting one is better than the other, but I am suggesting that you don't get many moments of individual skill, like that bicycle kick today, in the lower divisions.
    You get great goals in bloody park football

Absolutely. I don't particularly follow the PL but, with my boy being ill, we had a football afternoon with quilts in front of the TV. It was one of the top goals in the history of the top division. Bale scored a similar goal in a Champions' League final and it's ranked as one of the best of all time.
    Again these great goals compilations of 2023 are made for the armchair premier league fan ....its great to get the money in and keep up the charade

There are staggering goals on the championship , league 1 and league 2 round up just this year

Last year and for the 20 years before that

Again these great goals compilations of 2023 are made for the armchair premier league fan ....its great to get the money in and keep up the charade

There are staggering goals on the championship , league 1 and league 2 round up just this year

Last year and for the 20 years before that
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but let's be honest here, we see more spectacular goals in the PL and CHampions League on average than anywhere else.

As I said, a day to find 2 bicycle kick goals in the EFL from the last 20 years. Off you go.
    Here's one:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but let's be honest here, we see more spectacular goals in the PL and CHampions League on average than anywhere else.
    I agree on that of course

You will have to excuse my late reply

Watching Match Of The Day

I agree on that of course

You will have to excuse my late reply

Watching Match Of The Day
    Enjoy. There's a cracking bicycle kick on there

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Here's one:

On a par with Gaunacho's? Nah. He was falling over and it was a hopeful poke over the shoulder into the net.

I heard about the goal before I saw it.
    So my expectations were raised.
    I saw it and was astonished at how great of a goal it was.

Still think that Trevor Sinclair’s is the best I’ve seen.
    Maybe bettered by Bale for the importance of it (I wish that he didn’t score from that shot that Karius fumbled).

https://youtu.be/TX8fe6qslS0?si=yibnmg4H2XTWwu4y

That was in 1970 , 53 years ago

Long before your beloved Premier league came along
    Brazil were good at football? Who knew? Who was the bloke with the assist? He looks a tidy little player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I heard about the goal before I saw it.
    So my expectations were raised.
    I saw it and was astonished at how great of a goal it was.

Still think that Trevor Sinclair’s is the best I’ve seen.
    Maybe bettered by Bale for the importance of it (I wish that he didn’t score from that shot that Karius fumbled).
    I think you've mentioned the two that might beat yesterday's goal there.

If I had to pick one, I'd go for Sinclair....... I think!

So .....you are also saying this only happens in the Premier league ?

Christ you really have fallen for it too
    If, say, one of our players did the same yesterday, the media would barely mention it, then forget it ever happened.

Same as Hudson's long-range goal years ago, but all the media remembers is Beckham's, which wasn't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If, say, one of our players did the same yesterday, the media would barely mention it, then forget it ever happened.

Same as Hudson's long-range goal years ago, but all the media remembers is Beckham's, which wasn't as good.
    Hudson's was further out, but Beckham's was far more controlled. Hudson's was a hoof, could have gone anywhere

First Team

For me nothing will ever top Dennis Tuearts overhead kick for Man City against Newcastle in the League Cup Final back in the 70's.

Everyone, of an age, went out to a patch of grass and tried to emulate that beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    For me nothing will ever top Dennis Tuearts overhead kick for Man City against Newcastle in the League Cup Final back in the 70's.

Everyone, of an age, went out to a patch of grass and tried to emulate that beauty.
    Were local a+e departments overcrowded as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Brazil were good at football? Who knew? Who was the bloke with the assist? He looks a tidy little player.
    What a beautiful little lay off that was by Pele

Total control

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

I agree , that's sort of the point I was trying to make

Millar.......away at Birmingham!

First Team

A&E in the70's!

You only went there if you were missing a limb.
    Even then it was a sticking plaster and a glass of Lucozade ( with krinkly orange paper) and told to run it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    A&E in the70's!

You only went there if you were missing a limb.
    Even then it was a sticking plaster and a glass of Lucozade ( with krinkly orange paper) and told to run it off.
    Ankle ligament damage was just a sprained ankle back then. "Run it off, you should be okay for next Saturday".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ankle ligament damage was just a sprained ankle back then. "Run it off, you should be okay for next Saturday".
    I tried to run off torn ligaments and a fractured kneecap, wasn’t a good idea, four months in full leg plaster of Paris and trouble to this day 50 years later

The volley was nothing special. For me the standout performance was how Rashford managed to balance a hedgehog on his head for 90+ minues..