+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Bins/Garden Waste

Green Bins/Garden Waste

For those that still have loads following cancellation of the final scheduled collection in October, Cardiff Council are scheduling a fortnight of collections from tomorrow - worth checking website for your area.

Re: Green Bins/Garden Waste

One site says Friday for Llanishen, another site says “no f uck ing chance”

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I would go with the link above and get it out Friday and wait until they do actually come to collect, the other link below will probably update a day or two before.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resid...s/default.aspx

It's not enough anyway with all the leaves falling off I'll need another three at least.

No garden refuse scheduled in Thornhill anytime soon. To those people who have left their green wheelie bins on the pavement for the last three months PLEASE put them away... CCC don't think oh heck those people in Thornhill have had their garden bins out for a while let's do a special collection. They just get in my way when I stagger home from the Pendragon. Rant over.

That’s not the Green site, that’s the Brown site, Chubby Brown

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I would go with the link above and get it out Friday and wait until they do actually come to collect, the other link below will probably update a day or two before.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resid...s/default.aspx

It's not enough anyway with all the leaves falling off I'll need another three at least.
    Bag it up and take it down to Lamby way. You can book a time slot online, very simple process. 25 visits per year per household.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bag it up and take it down to Lamby way. You can book a time slot online, very simple process. 25 visits per year per household.
    Or Bessemer Close

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    For those that still have loads following cancellation of the final scheduled collection in October, Cardiff Council are scheduling a fortnight of collections from tomorrow - worth checking website for your area.
    Since September in tha heath

2 collections between now and Christmas. That'll probably be it until Easter.

Apparently, the Council have opened a new site for domestic and garden waste. It's at the top of Churchill Way.

App says they're currently updating dates.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The council are legally obliged to collect garden rubbish, they do it as an act of goodwill.
    That was the excuse councilor Michael michaels used when he tried to re schedule collections a few years back - and c0cked it up

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    App says they're currently updating dates.
    They have announced green bin collections this week. It's just the app and the normal collections page hasn't updated.

My green bin is going down for collection tomorrow. It has my last couple of grass cuts in there and a shit load of leaves from a tree overhanging the back garden that I would dearly love to chop down as it blocks the sun in the Summer and then drop it's load in the Autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    They have announced green bin collections this week. It's just the app and the normal collections page hasn't updated.

My green bin is going down for collection tomorrow. It has my last couple of grass cuts in there and a shit load of leaves from a tree overhanging the back garden that I would dearly love to chop down as it blocks the sun in the Summer and then drop it's load in the Autumn.
    I bagged up 4 bags of leaves yesterday from my neighbours tree. Trouble is my green bin is already full. Wonder if anyone will notice if I just empty them into the street just like they did with the tunnel dirt in The Great Escape.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I bagged up 4 bags of leaves yesterday from my neighbours tree. Trouble is my green bin is already full. Wonder if anyone will notice if I just empty them into the street just like they did with the tunnel dirt in The Great Escape.��
    Not if you do it by filling your trousers and letting them fall out while you're walking around.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I bagged up 4 bags of leaves yesterday from my neighbours tree. Trouble is my green bin is already full. Wonder if anyone will notice if I just empty them into the street just like they did with the tunnel dirt in The Great Escape.��
    Leaf blowers/collectors are the best, they either blow them down the street or shred five bags of leaves into one.

Leaf blowers/collectors are the best, they either blow them down the street or shred five bags of leaves into one.
    We got 3 arseholes of neighbours who do the leaf blowing shite, smirking, smiling while they do it, only for the leaves to blow back half hour later
    Tossers

International

We got 3 arseholes of neighbours who do the leaf blowing shite, smirking, smiling while they do it, only for the leaves to blow back half hour later
    Tossers

They should play fair and suck em up if they would go into neighbors Gardens

Our green bin was emptied this morning along with the collection of green recycling bags and food waste.

Mine's so heavy now, they'll probably refuse to wheel it to the.lorry

You urban types , out here in the sticks it’s a year round collection for green bins / garden waste

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Mine's so heavy now, they'll probably refuse to wheel it to the.lorry
    It will speed the process up I suppose, mine is pure compost it's been so long, that I have about three more bins worth of leaves as soon as it's emptied, at least it will be emptied!

It will speed the process up I suppose, mine is pure compost it's been so long, that I have about three more bins worth of leaves as soon as it's emptied, at least it will be emptied!
    Mine's got a coal seam through it!

Ours were emptied this morning, the day after all the recycling was collected