+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Electric vehicle advice

Electric vehicle advice

No need for the EV haters to respond.
    Just ordered an electric van to replace my diesel one as it’s costing more than it’s worth nearly now. Any advice on the best home charger to get and cheapest tariff/ electric supplier out there please?

Re: Electric vehicle advice

tariff wise, probably best to go for one of the ones that have a very low rate after 11pm, I think octopus energy have a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    tariff wise, probably best to go for one of the ones that have a very low rate after 11pm, I think octopus energy have a good one
    Thank you, I should have added that Octopus is apparently not compatible with the van I’m getting - Nissan Townstar

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Thank you, I should have added that Octopus is apparently not compatible with the van I’m getting - Nissan Townstar
    maybe not using their EV charging rate, but I don't see why you couldn't use their overnight cheaper rate

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    maybe not using their EV charging rate, but I don't see why you couldn't use their overnight cheaper rate
    I'll look into it, thank you

Eon have a deal running at the moment including a "discounted" wall box and an overnight rate at 9p per Kwh.
    No good for me as I have solar and am at home most days!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Eon have a deal running at the moment including a "discounted" wall box and an overnight rate at 9p per Kwh.
    No good for me as I have solar and am at home most days!
    Thank you